Worstgen

Krusher1357
Krusher1357
Check out first gen shadowless charizard price
Den_Den_Mushi
Den_Den_Mushi
IDC how rare it is, you won’t find me dropping four figures on a piece of cardboard that doesn’t even look nice and I haven’t had an overseas holiday in 3-4 years.
Krusher1357
Krusher1357
People drop a lot more than just 4 figures bro 😂
anon
anon
I am curious about your opinion on gold and diamond lulz
Krusher1357
Krusher1357
"I'm not spending 4 figures on a piece of rock that doesn't even look nice" @anon
Den_Den_Mushi
Den_Den_Mushi
Gold, diamonds and jewels are also a huge waste of time and money. Not sure if that was an attempt at a ‘gotcha’ given that Millennials and Gen Z generally don’t give a shit about them.
Den_Den_Mushi
Den_Den_Mushi
Not sure if the people buying these have families, assets that require maintenance or any desire to ever own their own house, but spending thousands on literal pieces of cardboard strikes me as being particularly frivolous.
Krusher1357
Krusher1357
People that have money are going to spend money, the more you have, the more pointless shit you buy. Why do millionaires have several private jets? Because they want them
Den_Den_Mushi
Den_Den_Mushi
Right, except a jet plane, luxury cars and even accessories like watches have arguably some practical use. Pokémon cards are practically worthless and usually cannot be displayed in a foyer or living area unlike an antique vase or china cabinet. You bought some Ming dynasty pottery? Your guests can admire it from the dinner table. Grade 7 Charizard? Not sure if that’s something you’d want your colleagues to see.
Krusher1357
Krusher1357
As I said, if you have money, you'll spend it. Doesn't need to be practical. Does it personally hurt you that people spend lots on pointless shit?
AkainuTheGrimReaper
AkainuTheGrimReaper
Den_Den_Mushi
Den_Den_Mushi
Not sure where you got the idea that it hurts me. All I said was that we’ve reached peak first world if people are willing to drop thousands on cardboard. It does seem more butthurt, however, to rush to try and defend card collecting, especially since it is, as you put it, pointless.
Krusher1357
Krusher1357
? You look butt hurt that you'll never have THAT much money to freely spend on whatever interests you
Den_Den_Mushi
Den_Den_Mushi
Oh babe, if only you knew ^^
Cinera
Cinera
(I hope I don't regret wading into this argument).
Cinera
Cinera
People spend money on leisure, entertainment, their hobbies and interests. Perhaps a pokemon trading card provides the same value to collectors of them that rare art, antiques, etc. provide to others.
Cinera
Cinera
"Value" is not an objective fact, but subjective evaluations of the utility and benefit something provides to a person. Pokemon trading cards are very valuable to those who collect them.
Cinera
Cinera
I don't think there's much difference between spending disposable income on trading cards vs on commissioning digital art. But are hobbies/pursuits.
Cinera
Cinera
I'm not really the kind of snob that judges people based on how they spend their leisure time/money (provided it doesn't harm others).