Worstgen

MangoSenpai
MangoSenpai
Radahan is good and all, but Rykard is where it's at!

:rippedcal:
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
I've actually been thinking about this Radahn and Rykard are awesome kinda gimick-y fights
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
Maybe From should do mostly gimmick fights in their open world games cuz you can balance them easier.
Like Rykard is balanced well because everyone has to use the same weapons and Radahn is a raid boss.

From has clearly shown themselves to be somewhat incompetent at balancing fights in an openworld setting so maybe focusing on gimmick fights is the way go
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
I literally don't understand how anyone could have that perspective on Radahn of all bosses lol. Like Malenia, Maliketh...I get that shit. But not Radahn.

On a much more important note, lorewise who do you guys think would win in a fight between Gigachad Radahn and the Beast Godfrey/Hoarah Loux? Radahn is explicitly called the strongest Demigod multiple times and Godfrey is in fact a demigod.
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
I still think Godfrey because Radahn wears Lion Armor out of respect for him
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Doesn't really mean much to me. Radahn idolized Godfrey in his youth, that doesn't mean he didn't grow to surpass Godfrey, and Radahn definitely has both the feats and the portrayal to warrant giving him the benefit over Godfrey. Radahn also grew to love his own image as "the Red Lion", so over time I feel as though him wearing the armor was also partially due to him enjoying the reputation it gave him.
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
I also feel like Godfrey has more impressive feats lore-wise. Like he beat entities like Placidusax and a bunch of other enemies of the erdtree that were for sure top tiers. Yeah Radahn conquered the stars but I’m still not sure if that means literal stars or like Astel and Fallingstar beast who are also “stars.”
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Did Godfrey beat Placidusax? I thought Placidusax's title of Elden Lord was stripped long before Godfrey. Godfrey thinks he was the first Elden Lord after all when he really was not.

I feel like we are supposed to view Radahn's hype as conquering not just "stars" like Astel and creatures like "falling star", but he also defeated beasts/subdued other spacial factions that we will never understand or see in game.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
His title of "Conqueror of the Stars" certainly implies that he did much more than just go into space and use his gravity magic to subdue the movements of the stars. It definitely implies that he, as a General, went into space and conquered/killed a shit ton of people/beings. At least imo lol.
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
Yeah that's fair. It's also possible that we'll see those factions or at least get some lore in DLC since the only missing rune other than Miquella's is Ranni's (which might be in space)
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
idk in general i just feel like it's titles thing for me
like the elden lord should be above the other demigods
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
although i will say, a point in favor of Radahn

Malenia drops the same number of runes as the final boss
so maybe that's implying that Malenia is on par with Elden Lords

which would in turn imply that prime Radahn is higher since Radahn > Malenia = Elden Lord
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
The Elden Lord title is very impressive but you also have to consider that Radahn was essentially the 3rd Elden Lord anyway as he was explicitly stronger than Malenia and likely would've won the war if not for the Rot Nuke lol. There is no guarantee Radagon or Godfrey would've faired any better than Radahn in that scenario given that Godfrey never fought anyone as strong as Malenia from what we know.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Godfrey's greatest feats were defeating the Fire Giants and defeating the Storm Lord. Against the Fire Giants, he had an entire Golden Host helping him, including great champions like Radagon and Godwyn. And the Stormlord's power is pretty much unknown tbh. While Malenia is like, one of the strongest beings ever to walk the Lands Between and Radahn drew with her in combat, and was stated to be stronger than her.
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
Well, another point against Radahn.
He got his ass handed to him by Morgott as some point.
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Morgott is extremely powerful though. He is the blood of Godfrey, and in his weaker alias (Margot) he defeated numerous Tarnished Champions. Like not just normal Tarnished, Tarnished Champions, and this was in his weaker form. And it's not confirmed that Morgott actually defeated Radahn anyway, just that they fought at some point and Morgott was looking on top for just a moment lol.
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
Also, Morgott and Mohg are like secret children of Godfrey, so it's totally possible this is just Radahn off-guard.

But it is worth noting that Morgott was able to successfully ward off Malenia and Radahn from the capital.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Point against Godfrey, in the opening cutscene it was explicitly shown that Hoarah Loux had been captured and stabbed through with a spear. That can be viewed as more incriminating than what Morgott did to Radahn as Morgott didn't really achieve anything against Radahn while Hoarah Loux has been captured and attempted to be executed before.
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
I could argue that the Hora Loux we see in the cutscene is far past his prime.