Worstgen

TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
So far it's easily top 2 boss fights along with Ornstein and Smough for me
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
I’m not a huge fan of the fight but it is a good one, I’d give it a 9/10. But Artorias is a huge fan favorite and a legend in the lore of Dark Souls.
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
Lorewise he's easily my favorite character.

Between O&S and Artorias who did you find more difficult?

For me it was Ornstein and Smough
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
The fight got easier for me after I figured out that it's better to attack him while he's powering up than healing.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
I think Artorias only took me 4-5 attempts my first go around, Ornstein and Smough took close to 20.

Lorewise my favorite is of course Faraam but I feel like you need DS2 and 3 to fully understand his gloriousness.
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
Artorias took me around 10ish, and Ornstein and Smough took literally 30 🤣

I like the Nameless King's lore, he's one of my favorites alongside Gwyn, Aldia, Gael and Burnt Ivory King
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Are you familiar with Midir lore? Midir is my second favorite character lol.
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
He was a descendant of the ancient dragons that was raised by Gwyn to fight the abyss iirc.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Midir is all three Dark Souls eras in one character. He represents the entire canonical story of Dark Souls. The Age of Dragons (descendant of Archdragons), the Age of Fire (raised by Gwyn, loyal to the Gods), and the Age of Dark (he feasts on the Dark and is corrupted by it).
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
You also fight Midir at the End of Time (the Ringed City), in an arena that looks like where the early humans came from (under the Earth), in other words the “beginning of time”

Midir is literally all of the Dark Souls story summed up in one character, which is just magnificent.