Worstgen

Sentinel
Sentinel
Sentinel
Sentinel
Also, there might be some inconsistent sizes with Onigashima (but honestly, those inconsistent ones are mainly about visible characters on the island) but Oda clearly portrayed it as a rather large island imo.
RayanOO
RayanOO
I think the clearest portrayal we have about the island size is the map and the image with Onigashima landing in the flower capital

and both ways it was never 3 times Mount Everest

Yeah Mount Fuji is big but it also means Onigashima is smaller than they thought

It’s a little smaller than flower capital in wide and not that tall (1 to 3km very best).

And we have to remember the skull is hollow
B
Ballel
@Sentinel pixel scaling and size calculations in One Piece, god forbid 😑
Peroroncino
Peroroncino
imagine trusting fanmade sites
BleakAsh
BleakAsh
If its the width then Alabasta is roughly the size of Saudia arab which is massive
Sentinel
Sentinel
@BleakAsh Tbh, I kinda understand your stance regarding pixel scaling but on the other hand, how else can you even calculate stuff without this method? You still need to have some values to be used for measures and using formulars. Also, this is fanmade stuff so it's not that bad. It's not like the author will debunk this stuff or something like that. Oda hardly cares. But the thing is, those measures are used for-
Sentinel
Sentinel
crossover battles and in this case, you can't just simply use some statements from a random author describing things from his verse whilst comparing different verses. Thus, specific rules have to be made in order to have a functional debate going on.
Sentinel
Sentinel
@RayanOO The Flower Capital is actually massively large bro. If it's larger despite Onigashima's size about its skull hills (440 - 500m), it simply proves that Flower Capital is just larger. I mean, look at Alubarna's City, Alabasta, which is 5km (due to the bomb's blast diameter) or Zou which is 10km in size. Hell, Zunisha has an official size of 20km - 35km and Wano's mountains were easily more comparable to it.
Sentinel
Sentinel
-Even in several panels, so it's consistent with this one.
Yet, Mt. Fuji is larger than the Flower Capital and Onigashima combined.

I dunno about 3x larger but I'd say it's definitely 2x larger. As I said, there is another mountain range on top of the skull/rooftop with mountains worth of 440m - 500m. Even the skull's eye is between 1-2km just from scaling it to the mountains. I think Onigashima being 10km-20km-
Sentinel
Sentinel
Is the least of its size for a reason.

Not really, it rather proves that Wano is a comparable large country like Alabasta lol.

Nah, Onigashima is never 1-3km tall at best. We can legit argue for this kind of size with the skull's eye or the horn's width.
RayanOO
RayanOO
A city like Paris is 14/15 kilometers large at best. And like 100km2. It’s not small but we are still far from the French country or even a continent.

Alubarna being 5km is nice but doesn’t make it that huge of a city
RayanOO
RayanOO
Sentinel
Sentinel
But Zou comes much closer to it despite how it doesn't look like 10km at all. I am just saying that nothing is against the possibility that Flower Capital is that large as a city.

I don't think this is a good representation of the skull's size, not to mention that each layer can easily store dozens of the numbers without issues and it still is large enough to have a full-scale war in the skull dome.
Sentinel
Sentinel
RayanOO
RayanOO
RayanOO
RayanOO
Perspective has to be taken into account. The eye is behind the hills etc.
BleakAsh
BleakAsh
i totally get that but pixel scaling seems like a way of accurately miscalulating things.. coz each pixel accounts for distance and that varies in each panel.

the way i guessed the Sandora river's landmark and Alabasta's size was from Google maps

i pinned a place in a city roughly 50 km away from where i live and just imagined the top view we get here based on the width of the river.
again whose to sa-
BleakAsh
BleakAsh
- y this is even remotely accurate.
BleakAsh
BleakAsh
and then the claim that OnePiece is as big as or roughly the size of Jupiter based on these calcs directly contradict the time it should have taken luffy and gang to complete first half of their journey to the red line
i calculated it to about 4.5- 5 months if OP is around jupiter

and Luffy and gang basically made that journey in under 100 days and some even claim with dates its around 50-60 days

so we can't pr-