Cinera
Scan of Aramaki's Black Blade?

I never actually completed Wano lol.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Oh shit my bad bro. Didn’t mean to spoil you. Well since you asked lol:

https://i.imgur.com/Ki1Iskk.jpg

My man has a black blade just casually dangling from his hip. Lol

If you haven’t finished 1053, you need to. Admiral = Commander is dead bro.
Cinera
Cinera
Not actually sure I plan to catch up on Wano yet.

Oda really did Zoro dirty at the end of the arc.
Cinera
Cinera
As for Aramaki's Black Blade, that's a really "big if true" moment.

Though, I'd want some confirmation of it first. It would elevate Aramaki's hype somewhat, but mostly, it would downgrade the hype of Black Blades for me.
Cinera
Cinera
When only Mihawk and Ryuma had forged Black Blades, I had thought them to be the hallmarks of the very strongest swordsmen. Requiring a level of haki prowess that even the likes of Shanks, Rayleigh and Roger could not reach.
Cinera
Cinera
With Aramaki having a Black Blade, the idea that they are the pinnacle of hakimanship is looking a lot more dubious.

Aramaki himself has not displayed extraordinary haki prowess and his main combat source seems to be derived more from his Devil Fruit.

That's what was hyped about him during his battles in Wano.
Cinera
Cinera
Furthermore, Shanks kind of made him look bad. Shanks Haoshoku haki alarmed him and may have forced him to detransform?

At the very least, it looks like Shanks Haoshoku prowess is superior to Aramaki's.

So yeah, it's not looking good for the Black Blade agenda if Aramaki has one.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
I’ve been telling you guys for years now, this is how insane Admirals are lol. That we would meet an Admiral level character who would show a Haki feat of this caliber is not surprising at all to me. This just goes to show that all Admirals possess the absolute highest levels of Haki possible to attain, which is what I’ve been arguing.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
The notion that the World Government could essentially rule the entire OP world unopposed for 800 years, and their strongest fighters do not possess the highest level of power is just ludicrous imo. Like these people control the entire world but simply cannot find anyone who can achieve a black blade with millions or billions of people under their command and all of the riches in the world…
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
That is just insane and fanservice-y to me and always has been.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
I would hope Shanks has superior CoC to Aramaki, that’s like, Shanks’ only hype lol. If an Admiral outdid Shanks in his only hype area..even I would be confused lol.
Cinera
Cinera
Zoro needing to unlock Haoshoku in order to tame Enma makes me think that forging Black Blades requires Haoshoku though.
Cinera
Cinera
I'll wait to see Aramaki use his sword in an actual fight first. If it's indeed a Black Blade, I'll be elevating him and downgrading Mihawk.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Why downgrade Mihawk though?
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
And nah, a black blade is probably just CoA I think. If it’s CoC then Shanks truly has no claim to Admiral level.
Cinera
Cinera
I think a Black Blade was a pinnacle of hakimanship that top tier swordsmen like Roger, Shanks, Rayleigh, etc. could not reach.

A level above them that only Mihawk and Ryuma have attained. Aramaki being able to forge that changes the calculus.
Cinera
Cinera
COC >> COA, so if Mihawk's COA is superior to Shanks and Co, that's just not that important/relevant?
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
I’m not convinced all CoC is above all CoA, Mihawk should’ve known Zoro had CoC and yet he still told him to aim for the black blade anyway. Now unless the black blade is actually CoC, this would imply that Mihawk values the black blade over CoC mastery.

But like I said, if CoC is what it takes to turn a blade black, you can best believe the Admiral > Yonko agenda will receive a massive buff. Lol