Worstgen

Franosuke
Franosuke
Nice. You running a program, or just feeling it out?
Cinera
Cinera
I went 12 times this week.

(Twice daily, six days a week [Saturdays are my day of rest])

I'm trying to get ripped I guess.
Franosuke
Franosuke
Sheeeesh my man. How are you splitting your workouts? Are you dedicating one session to cardio, and one session to lifting in the day? Make sure you have enough time to recover though, otherwise you may end up leaving gains on the table
Cinera
Cinera
Different muscle groups on different days.

I have a schedule, but often, I find myself too weak/sore to complete a workout for a particular muscle group and so do something else.

(E.g. today wasn't planned as a leg day, but I was too weak for my upper body exercises.)
Franosuke
Franosuke
How long have you been in the gym in general? Do you consider yourself a beginner?

Usually I don't like trying to give "advice" to people when I'm unsure if they have more knowledge than me, but this is essentially the only field of study in which I am not an absolute dumbass, lmao. I've been lifting for about 4 years and I'll (hopefully) get my Doctorate in Physical Therapy by next Fall.
Franosuke
Franosuke
In general, it's usually better to ease into the process when you're just starting. It's normal to experience soreness when you introduce a new stimulus to your muscles, but it shouldn't prevent you from training the next day. If you're training different muscle groups on each day, that usually shouldn't be a problem, but sometimes you might have an inefficient body-part "split."
Franosuke
Franosuke
For example, if you're the type of person who likes to dedicate an isolated workout for just your arms, you might want to train legs the next day so that the fatigue/soreness in your arms won't affect your leg-day training. If you're already using an efficient body part split and still experiencing too much fatigue the next day, it could be an indication that you're over-training and need more rest.
Cinera
Cinera
I've been gyming for less than a month; I'm very much still a "beginner".
Franosuke
Franosuke
Do you mind running me through your general workout schedule? As in, what body parts you hit on which days? Just out of curiosity. Maybe there's a better way to organize it so you don't feel as fatigued/sore every day.

Personally, I love Upper/Lower splits 4-6x a week depending on what level the person is at. It helps to make sure you're training each muscle group at least 2x/week while allowing enough recovery