Worstgen

Sentinel
Sentinel
It'd be interesting to see how DD could match Bound Man's brute strength with his koka enhanced building sized strings. He used hakiless strings against Bound Man but used koka enhanced strings against fodders, why Oda?!
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Generally speaking I still place healthy Doffy as being slightly weaker than the YC1s, it’s tough to compare very different skill sets like Doffy’s and Marco’s but after thorough analysis, I do think kuri is overall stronger than Doffy but the gap is nowhere near as big as some others say. If Kuri is 100, Doffy is probably about an 80-85
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
I think Oda just wanted Doffy’s strength to keep escalating so that the tension would continue escalating, and so he has Doffy restrain his strength for no good reason lol.
Sentinel
Sentinel
Well, after seeing how important Haki really is, I really have a hard time thinking DD is on par with Kata, Marco or King (the latter perhaps having AdCoA) but let's see. The Wano war is the perfect answer to settle this discussion once for all since we'll see what Jack, Queen or King are really capable of. Perhaps King is not that great and DD is indeed very comparable to him but given the possibility that King.....
Sentinel
Sentinel
...as Katakuri's equal, has AdCoA as well (some broken shit), I doubt DD is on par with him.
But yeah, DD is definitely closer to them than Cracker, lol.
Sentinel
Sentinel
"I think Oda just wanted Doffy’s strength to keep escalating so that the tension would continue escalating, and so he has Doffy restrain his strength for no good reason lol."

Yeah, I don't understand Oda either. He rather shows fodder battles at the colosseum instead of the climax of the Luffy vs Doflamingo fight when both of them pulled out their trumpcards...
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
I think haki is very important but I don’t think it’s more or less important than other stats like physicals or DF necessarily. As far as physical ability and Devil Fruit goes, I think Kuri and Doffy are mostly equal with Kuri having the obvious haki advantage, which is why he wins. But I think there is actually a large gap between Kuri and Cracker, with Doffy being closer to Kuri than cracker like you said lol
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
I may occasionally wank Doffy > YC1 but this is more to force the point about his underrated strength rather than to just straight up argue that Doffy > YC1 lol