Worstgen

Red Admiral
Red Admiral
as a man who his official job is being a writer ... as a man who wrote over 13,000 hours ... as a man who wrote +30 stories
I can safely say Mihawk's depth as a character is comparable to a potato as we speak.
ANY below average writer can create his own version of Mihawk.
but in fairness Oda was never a great master of characters. 99% of his characters are merely stereotypes
Red Admiral
Red Admiral
you will be shock but Oda BEST character so far is Ace.
I'm SURE 99.9999% of one piece fans didn't bother to understand how stupidly complex Ace was
this wasn't a story arc. this was a masterpiece
ShishioIsBack
ShishioIsBack
Tbh i feel that about shanks
I feel like Oda hasn't done Jack shit with him as a character since post time skip

He has same repeated "New Era" is coming shit he had since pre time skip

He basically seems like a dollar tree version of Rayleigh..especially how badly Oda wrote his return against Green Bull
ShishioIsBack
ShishioIsBack
Mihawk always had a lot more going for him..like there is variability in his tonalities..why doesn't have trust anybody.
His arrogance which is justified yet he has soft spot..his curiosity in Luffy..why was he hunting marines..frog in the well thing.

Shanks just seems..idk..nothing really about him stands out. I guess you can call him a fan service character
Red Admiral
Red Admiral
Shanks maintained a level of mystery that is uncanny in the world of fiction
we KNOW so much about him and we can't really explain them with a clear answer
this is a heavily rare in the world of fiction. but 1 wrong move and Shanks is just another stereotype
ShishioIsBack
ShishioIsBack
What mystery?
He's a man that wants new era

That's where his character ends
Oda literally has nothing else for the guy
Red Admiral
Red Admiral
Mihawk AS OF NOW has nothing hard to create.
not knowing things is just the problem cause of "lack of knowledge"
that's not a real factor to judge anyone