Worstgen

ConquistadoR
ConquistadoR
Jaime, Jon, Tyrion off the top of my head.... what are yours?
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
Jaime, Stannis, Davis, Jon, Arya, Euron, Aemon and Barristan are my favorites. My fav historical figure is Maekar
ConquistadoR
ConquistadoR
Thats a pretty solid list lol.
Though yea, asoiaf is rich with great characters and writing.
I kinda figured you'd list Barristan though xD
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
I like Tyrion too, I just found most of his chapters post Tywin's death to be a bit ... Unbearable lol.
>kinda figured you'd list Barristan though xD
I really like Barristan and his character. I like characters like him, examples of real morality and noblity in a world with shitheads, and I also like the darker elements of his character, like his inaction during Aerys reign. He's a complicated man, and his
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
Complacency during certain events makes him seem human in a way that few fictional characters are. He's a good man, but realistically filled with flaws.

Also he's badass. That duskendale shit was straight out of Hollywood lmao
ConquistadoR
ConquistadoR
Yep.
That Duskendale Feat is still a very nuanced piece of storytelling though, iirc Barristan regretted it.
Had he not saved the Mad King, Tywin would've invaded the castle and the King would've been killed & Rhaegar would've succeeded the throne.
Since he did so, the King went Mad & the Targaryen lineage almost ended.
It's his Biggest Achievement and Biggest Regret. Ironic, isn't it?
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
Yeah. I think Barristan straight out calls it his finest hour and his greatest regret.

It says a lot about his character too. Many other knights would rank the slaying of Maelys the Monstrous (who Saitama'd a horse) as a more impressive feat, but true to his occupation of Kingsguard, Barristan thinks saving a shitty King is a bigger deal.

There is an interesting theory that during the tourney where Rhaegar crowned
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
Lyanna the Queen of Beauty, that Barristan and the other Kingsguard purposefully lost ro Rhaegar by his orders. Barristan says that he wishes he could have been a better knight, which can be interpreted as him failing martially, or morally

Have you heard the theories that he will leave Dany for Young Griff/fAegon? While I doubt TWOW is every coming out, one of my biggest hopes is that Barristan survived the battle