Worstgen

TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
Xiongnu.

So that raises the question: Who did these guys fight? Han or Chu who Zhao shares borders with?

What's your take on it?
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
*Cracks knuckles* lol

So in short the answer is I have no clue but I do have speculations. Look at what Riboku says about Seika here:

https://i.imgur.com/MuroP2j.jpg

“Seika is independent, they resolve conflicts without help from the capital”
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
This reminded me of Gyou’Un and Chou Garyuu who were said to be famous heroes in central Zhao because they guarded the area and kept peace there. I literally have no idea who Gyou’Un and Garyuu were supposed to be fighting but I imagine Seika is similar. There must still be independent territories and factions within Zhao strong enough to warrant people like Gyou’Un/Garyuu/Seika to fight against them.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Recall that Kyou’En apparently lead a state that sat smack dab in the middle of Southern Zhao, so it’s possible there are still factions within Zhao with loyalties to their own causes that occasionally threaten the peace but are put down.

But really I have no clue. I think it’s pretty apparent that Yan had never heard of Shibashou (or at least Ordo hadn’t), so maybe he’s fought Wei but I have no clue lol.
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
Maybe bandits? We know from Kanki that China is riddled with enough bandits to form huge armies.

Or potentially groups like Rozo's people, but more aggressive.

Maybe way smaller states surrounded by Zhao that attack cities. Kinda like that one state from the State of Ai arc

If JKR hadn't been killed by that asshole Zenou, I would have predicted that he was a former Chousha vessel, but now I doubt the former will
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
Be mentioned again

If it is Wei he fought, it could be mentioned that he clashed/defeated a Fire Dragon in war. That would be hype, and warrant a promotion to Great Heavens imo
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
The Fire Dragons were active 14 years ago, Shibashou would’ve been hella young but I think even an 18 year old Shibashou would have been a giant lol
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
Reiou looks way younger than Shibashou but logically he should have been in his 40s/50s.

Shibashou is probably in the younger side but Kingdom character ages/appearances are misleading.

Ordo should be one of the most knowledgeable figures about eastern Zhao's strength, so him being clueless about Shibashou probably confirms he never fought Yan