Worstgen

MarineHQ
MarineHQ
Hey I have nothing against putting Man'U above them but you know even I thought the Qin 6 title might be worth enough to be considered above a random Chu Lord....apparently not lol.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Being a Qin 6 has little to do with being a warrior though. See Koshou. Both Duke Hyou and Kyou were hyped more for their tactics than they were for their martial power…whereas Man’U solely has martial hype.
MarineHQ
MarineHQ
Both Kyou and the Duke mainly win their battles via slaying the enemy general personally. Both have a good understanding of tactics but neither will sit in their HQ and move around some rocks all day long.

Kyou was literally hype specifically for her offensive power vs Kyou'En whereas the Duke sacrifices his entire army just to reach the enemy gen.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Offensive power doesn’t mean martial ability. When Renpa discussed Kyou she was shown with archers, and she captured 99 cities for Qin which implies she was a strong sieger.

And nah Duke Hyou’s instincts being hyped so severely doesn’t imply he won every single one of his battles by mindlessly killing the enemy commander.
MarineHQ
MarineHQ
In Kyou's case it's pretty damn obviously how Hara wanted us to imagine her fights. Incredibly bloody battles. When Gyou’Un saw Kyoukai blood drenched having slain a million enemies personally he was reminded of Kyou, that one was pretty clear.

The Duke diving head first into a sea of enemies is all he does, always.
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
Earl definitely slays Kyou, Oukotsu, Bananji, Gyou'un, Akou, Kaishibou and Sentou'un in a duel

Either way with Gaimou or Duke, though leaning on him beating Duke

Loses to Man'U who is probably the most impressive duelist alive
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
In a war though any Qin 6>>>Earl. I don't think his tactical or strategic knowledge can compare
MarineHQ
MarineHQ
Just so we're clear I think Houken absolutely humiliates Earl Shi too
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Shi Ei’s tactics and strategy were highlighted before his prowess as a warrior was. He was definitely that midway point between pure strategist (Rei Ou) and mindless warrior (Gaimou), which is to say he was pretty good. Lol
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Anyway yall have some interesting takes lol. I’d put Shi Ei around Tou level as a warrior but slightly beneath in terms of tactics. So right around Duke Hyou level. Beneath Man’U and Ouki, but above Sento Un, Kyou, and Yotanwa.
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
Not saying he's a bad tactician, he's good, but pretty much every Qin 6 is much better or so damn strong it doesn't matter
MarineHQ
MarineHQ
Above Yotanwa ?
Where is Kyoukai in that list ?

Yotanwa should've ridiculous weight and at least technique wise she puts Bajio to shame.
FutureWarrior123
FutureWarrior123
Earl Shi could beat Tou/Yotanwa/Duke Hyou, and I could potentially see it either way against Gaimou.

If Shin and Ouhon switched opponents during that arc they would have both lost, imo.
Owl Ki
Owl Ki
I say Shi beats the likes of Bananji, Rozo and Akou high diff. Loses to folk like Man'U, Ouki, Yotanwa etc at high diff.

He gets negged by Kyoukai cause she is a Naruto character. 😒
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
@TheKnightOfTheSea evidence for every Qin 6 being much better than Earl Shi tactically? The strongest opponent we ever saw Ouki beat tactically was Chousou. Which I’d say Shi Ei beating Ouhon and Kanjou is pretty similar lol
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Wait you guys really think Shi Ei loses to Yotanwa? Lol

Shi Ei’s strength stat (96) is above Yotanwa (95) for reference, seems like Hara would consider him above Yotanwa as I do.
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
Ouki's formations were hyped up as walls of iron by Renpa of all people.

Kochou relied on his brain, Hakuki is prototype Ousen, etc etc

maybe all of them was an exaggeration
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
Yotanwa vs Earl Shi could be very debatable. Yotanwa low diffed a guy that stalemanted Base Baijo, we haven't seen what she can really do lol
God Buggy
God Buggy
Hard to pinpoint exactly what Yotanwa's ceiling as a warrior is but it's enormous for sure. She destroyed a bloke who stalemated Bajo...with absolutely contemptuous ease. She is a demon. Lol.

We'll see when she actually gets pushed. Definitely one of the top duelists in the manga though.