Boiroy
Boiroy
Yes
Blother Fertitta
Blother Fertitta
I finished my masters, didnt go MBA
Roo
Roo
gotcha, I am going to go for it this year. Won't do FT, I'm doing it online instead. Was curious if you were doing it FT
Blother Fertitta
Blother Fertitta
I did Masters FT almost completely remote, with in person exams. Finished in three sem. How long is ur shit?
Roo
Roo
im looking into a 2 year program. I might pivot into consulting so Im concerned I might not be getting my moneys worth from an online mba
Blother Fertitta
Blother Fertitta
2 year PT MBA? Damn where u finding that 😂 just stay in FP&A over time manager into VP ur making 150-200
Solid imo
Consulting is prone to high layoffs/turnover, unless u got an in? Just want to understand ur thought process
Roo
Roo
I am bored of FP&A and consulting seems fun lol. Plus if anything happens I could use the consulting experience + analyst to pivot back to a FPA manager role.

The online MBA programs are accelerated, so it's basically the FT 2 year program just online. I don't have an in so the reason why I am debating doing it is because my alma matter has a PT in person MBA program and I could just go there instead and network.
Roo
Roo
So right now its between a top online mba school where I might not get the same networking opportunities vs a non target school where there's more networking possibilites.
Blother Fertitta
Blother Fertitta
Like they say if ur going for an mba
Non target isn’t the move. I do agree tho that non targets have more networking opportunities
After graduating I got a job where nearly 2/3s coworkers are from my grad school. That being said bro, consultancy is heavily contingent on referrals/networking. Imo too much dependence on others is risky af. I transitioned into Fin Ops from FP&A/FA. So I agree it’s boring af
Roo
Roo
yeah I know. I got an interview coming soon for the online mba program. I am almost done with the application for my alma matter. In the end all I care about is recruiting from companies and networking because every program teaches the same shit. I reached out to my alma matters career services to see what companies they're in touch with and what not. I'll try to ask the same for the online mba