Anime Discussion 86

Rej

Year of the black beard!
:myman:
:cheers:

Just finished first 3 episodes of 86 second season just now.

I knew Shin and the gang were alive. The Giad Federacy seems to be a good place so far. Frederica is kawaii imouto <3. And the Eighty-Six gang is back on the field. And RIP my man Eugene.:pepemy:
Noice. Yeah this is a huge turning point. We are back to characters dying kek

Aslong the gang is alright I am happy tho. Lets see when Lena and Shin will reunite and under what circumstances.
Post automatically merged:

I loved the recent episode! Finally a bit focus and reflection on the 86, how they feel and think about the current situation.
I see a glorious finale comming for this season. :finally:

Last edited:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/41457/86

According to the Republic of San Magnolia, their ongoing war against the Giadian Empire has no casualties—however, that is mere propaganda. While the silver-haired Alba of the Republic's eighty-five sectors live safely behind protective walls, those of different appearances are interned in a secret eighty-sixth faction. Known within the military as the Eighty-Six, they are forced to fight against the Empire's autonomous Legion under the command of the Republican "Handlers."

Vladilena Milizé is assigned to the Spearhead squadron to replace their previous Handler. Shunned by her peers for being a fellow Eighty-Six supporter, she continues to fight against their inhumane discrimination. Shinei Nouzen is the captain of the Spearhead squadron. Infamous for being the sole survivor of every squadron he's been in, he insists on shouldering the names and wishes of his fallen comrades. When the fates of these young souls from two different worlds collide, will it ignite the spark that lights their path to salvation, or will they burn themselves in the flames of despair?

My personal opinion? Extremely underrated show, good mix of genres. You can clearly feel it is different from regular animes because it's source is a Light Novel. And the story is amazing. It uses great metaphors, philosophy and storytelling to get you attached to it's world and characters. If you are looking for a very intense and hooking war-drama, then this show should absolutely be your first decision.

Any fellow 86 enjoyers here? The second season (second cour) is currently (Fall Season 2021) airing and it's not to late to join the train!​
oh this is so good.
I am up to date with the novel, you have seen nothing yet tbh. Its not completed but so far its only been upwards

Rej

Year of the black beard!
oh this is so good.
I am up to date with the novel, you have seen nothing yet tbh. Its not completed but so far its only been upwards
glad to hear that it is going upwards! I just hope we don't have to wait 3 years for the anime sequel ._.
Post automatically merged:

Oh yea bwoi. Guys, we are back on track!

Last edited:
Ep 11 is probably the best episode so far. Shin interacting with Lena was beautiful and the music nailed it.:akaman: Too bad that Lena didn't see Shin in person though.:catsweat:

Hopefully the last episode show Lena meeting Shin and the others in person.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Ep 11 is probably the best episode so far. Shin interacting with Lena was beautiful and the music nailed it.:akaman: Too bad that Lena didn't see Shin in person though.:catsweat:

Hopefully the last episode show Lena meeting Shin and the others in person.
I agree, this episode was so lit! Man Lena just went out with her 86 companion on their own, just for Shin and the others sake. Is really touching. The pay off felt as close as never before but shit still keeping distance, they are teasing us. XD
I am not optimistic, all I know is that the Federacy are legends stomping one W after another in this war and I wonder how Lena will play into this.

1 more week and the 86 era will most likely come to hold. :(