Powers & Abilities Allosaurus DF vs Spinosaurus DF

So between Drake and Page One, who had the better DF?

Is the reason why Drake is stronger simply because his base form is stronger or could it be because his fruit is stronger? If Drake had the spinosaurus fruit and Page had the allosaurus fruit, would their respective powerlevels change? Discuss.

imo Drake's fruit is better. This isn't to say that his base form isn't stronger than Page, imo its far superior. Despite Spinosaurus having this mythology of being stronger than a t-rex due to jurassic park 3, the real spinosaurus paints a very different picture.

Now spinosaurus was one of the deadliest predators to ever live... under water, that is. Spinosaurus was largely an aquatic animal. Unlike the jurassic park version, the real spinosaurus had very small legs and recent discoveries show that it even had a crocodile-like tail.

This is still a very powerful dinosaur, however it clearly wouldn't have been that powerful on land. It was, in fact bipedal, meaning that it had to carry all of its weight on those relatively tiny legs.

And its not as if Oda completely disregarded the real life model and based Page one completely off jurasic park.

Whenever we see page's full zoan form, his upper body hunches over and it appears to have a smaller backside, in accordance to the 2014 model of the dinosaur(which indicated that Spinosaurus had small legs).

Then you have allosaurus. Allosaurus was a land predator.

compared to what we saw of spinosaurus, it's body was FAR better suited to hunting on land. This can be seen as evidence suggests that allosaurus preyed on powerful land dwelling dinosaurs such as stegosaurus and even occasionally went after sauropods.

With that being said, it doesn't make sense for the spinosaurus fruit to be stronger than the allosaurus. The biggest advantages of the spinosaurus fruit are actually offset by the fact that DF users can't swim. Hence while it is surely very powerful, I think the allosaurus fruit would easily give its user far better speed than the spinosaurus, making it much more effective in combat on land.

Hence I say drake had the better fruit. I will note that in the end of the day, Zoan fruits depend very much on the strength of the user above all. Drake with the spinosaurus fruit would probably be stronger than Page with the allosaurus. Anyways, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this issue.

have you looked at what spinosaurus legs looked like?

it was practically an inverse T-Rex. Big body, small legs. Its body was build for life underwater. It is essentially a glorified crocodile. On land any decently sized therapod would probably murder it.
I mean it's depend on the size. If the Spino is too small then the other big predator can kill it but since the Spinosaurus is considered the biggest carnivorous dino on land I doubt any other predator would beat it beside a T-Rex LOL.

Doesn't matter both couldn't catch Sanji or Do shit to him.
Why did you feel the need to name drop sanji in a thread that had absolutely nothing to do with him?

I mean it's depend on the size. If the Spino is too small then the other big predator can kill it but since the Spinosaurus is considered the biggest carnivorous dino on land I doubt any other predator would beat it beside a T-Rex LOL.
a saltwater crocodile is larger than a tiger. Doesn't mean it can kill it on land.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
They're identical. Oda hasn't taken into account an accurate spinosaurus for his Page1 design. Nor is oda going for accuracy for any of his dinosaurs / ancient dragons. The lower center of gravity seems to be more so to talk to people rather than strictly off posture, as his legs are quite long.

I think X Drake's power comes from him just being stronger. Didn't the tail study come out after Page1's reveal, as in, very recently?
Bruh, Spinosaurus shit on any dinosaurs beside a T-Rex LOL:kayneshrug:
Most sauropods would intimidate it. Those massive theropods like Giganotsaurus, Tyrannosaurus Rex, Tarbosaurus bataar, Mapusaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, and probably one or more large relatives, would probably intimidate it. Adult triceratops would easily intimidate it.

MonsterZoro

Bald Spoiler Provider
They're identical. Oda hasn't taken into account an accurate spinosaurus for his Page1 design. Nor is oda going for accuracy for any of his dinosaurs / ancient dragons. The lower center of gravity seems to be more so to talk to people rather than strictly off posture, as his legs are quite long.

I think X Drake's power comes from him just being stronger. Didn't the tail study come out after Page1's reveal, as in, very recently?

Most sauropods would intimidate it. Those massive theropods like Giganotsaurus, Tyrannosaurus Rex, Tarbosaurus bataar, Mapusaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, and probably one or more large relatives, would probably intimidate it. Adult triceratops would easily intimidate it.
also x drake can have the worster devil fruit but x drake also main weapon is an axe and sword as well and page one is just a brawler.

IRL Spino might be < Allosaurus . not sure because Spino was far longer ( 15 m to 9 m )

but i don't know how heavy they were though

In One Piece , Oda used model closer to the Jurassic Park model , which should be stronger than IRL model for land fighting , but this doesn't mean P1's Spino is stronger than Drake's Allosaurus since Drake's Allousaurus didn't look smaller than P1's Spino to me ( means Oda ignored the real life size difference )

Outside of their Dino DFs , Drake probably is more complete with Axe , Sword , and Rokushiki .

P1 has no weapon and didn't show any skill like Rokushiki , he just swing his paws on Sanji

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
IRL Spino might be < Allosaurus . not sure because Spino was far longer ( 15 m to 9 m )

The latest estimates are;
Wiki said:
The latest estimates suggest a weight of 6.4–7.5 tonnes (7.1–8.3 short tons) [5][6]
I'm not sure if that's with the new, heavier looking tail included. I don't think any species of Allosaurus topped 3 tons? Could be wrong, I know they have 1 or 2 monsters in that group. But the Spino would have an insane weight advantage.

In One Piece , Oda used model closer to the Jurassic Park model , which should be stronger than IRL model for land fighting , but this doesn't mean P1's Spino is stronger than Drake's Allosaurus since Drake's Allousaurus didn't look smaller than P1's Spino to me ( means Oda ignored the real life size difference )

Outside of their Dino DFs , Drake probably is more complete with Axe , Sword , and Rokushiki .

P1 has no weapon and didn't show any skill like Rokushiki , he just swing his paws on Sanji
If we're talking about page one's spino vs Drake's allosaurus, imo Drake could probably beat Page even if they both fought in full zoan form. Drake is just physically stronger than Page, and he remains physically stronger even in his full zoan form.

He took a kick to the face from Sanji and didn't even flinch whereas Page got sent flying lmao. I think he probably has some form to tekkaai.

If we're talking about page one's spino vs Drake's allosaurus, imo Drake could probably beat Page even if they both fought in full zoan form. Drake is just physically stronger than Page, and he remains physically stronger even in his full zoan form.

He took a kick to the face from Sanji and didn't even flinch whereas Page got sent flying lmao. I think he probably has some form to tekkaai.
P1 was facing RS Sanji . Drake faced Base Sanji
The latest estimates are;

I'm not sure if that's with the new, heavier looking tail included. I don't think any species of Allosaurus topped 3 tons? Could be wrong, I know they have 1 or 2 monsters in that group. But the Spino would have an insane weight advantage.
Ya i think Allo was light compared to T Rex , Giganoto , or Carcharodonto .

if none of Allo was above 3 tons , then yes Spino would have big weight and length advantage , with 6.4 or 7.5 tons and 15 meters . but still it's model was worse than Allo or Rex/Giga/Carcha for land fight

maybe if Saurophaganax ( that could reach 11 or 12 meters ) was actually Allosaurus then Allosaurus would stand better chance against Spino .

The allosaurus is the superior fighter base on the prey it took down. Size isn't everything in nature, quickness matters and Allosurus beats the Spinosaurus in that aspect. Due to the spinosaurus having weak hind legs, being a large target, and a noticeable weakness on its sail just screams bite me there and break my spine.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/24815-allosaurus.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/api.na...rus-tail-found-confirms-dinosaur-was-swimming

X drake is stronger because his base is stronger and I do believe allosaurus is better than a spinosaurus on land but on water, its a different story.

C

critical mindset

Spinosaurus is one genus in the family Spinosauridae, so it may be a hybrid, but then that makes it difficult to see a side by side comparison. Regular Spinosaurus though hunted mainly fish so it’s teeth are not serrated, they are conical, which is suited for grasping, not chewing. On the other hand, Allosaurus bite force is very low, smaller than a leopard, so it can’t break bones of large prey, but from what I recall, it relies more on using its neck muscles as leverage to burrow down on its victim to rip off flesh, then scurrying off. It could do this in groups to take down large beasts like Diplodocus. So it makes sense in that way that X Drake could barely do much damage to the pacifist a with a single bite because the bite force of an Allosaurus is quite pathetic, but It relies more on a bite that is muscle powered attack.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Spinosaurus is one genus in the family Spinosauridae, so it may be a hybrid, but then that makes it difficult to see a side by side comparison. Regular Spinosaurus though hunted mainly fish so it’s teeth are not serrated, they are conical, which is suited for grasping, not chewing. On the other hand, Allosaurus bite force is very low, smaller than a leopard, so it can’t break bones of large prey, but from what I recall, it relies more on using its neck muscles as leverage to burrow down on its victim to rip off flesh, then scurrying off. It could do this in groups to take down large beasts like Diplodocus. So it makes sense in that way that X Drake could barely do much damage to the pacifist a with a single bite because the bore force of an Allosaurus is quite pathetic, but It relies more on a bite that is muscle powered attack.
I didn't want to bring up the hatchet bite thing, because the head / dimensions of the Allosaurus is so off. Oda even gave it a crocodilian (specifically crocodile) looking jaw from the side with that overbite.
The largest of allosaurus can reach the size of a T rex
The largest species is speculated to be about 43~ feet long and a measly 3 tons. So, it's a little longer but 1/3rd the weight of the upper estimates of a Rex. It'd be bullied and munched on.