Questions & Mysteries Another D?

Note: Sorry, it's my first time posting on the forum, so I'm probably going to get inserting these images wrong.

Alright, so this is extremely unimportant and irrelevant, and I'm basically positing the theory purely because I noticed something while I was doing research for a One Piece project I'm working on, thought it was amusing, and thought you guys might find it amusing too. I doubt Oda even intended for this to be the case. So to provide a bit of context, I want to write something taking place in the South Blue. Obviously that's going to necessitate writing a bunch of homebrew non-canon stuff, since there's so little actual content involving the Blue, but still, I wanted to do my due diligence and include as much canon South Blue stuff as I could, which led me to researching characters and Pirate Crews that originated from the region. Which led me at one point to the Foxy Pirates. Pretty unimportant crew, but still, they originate from the South Blue. When I was looking through their roster, however, I noticed someone that....tripped my "irrelevant connections" senses, I suppose? That being this guy.

His name's Big Pan (We don't know his full name, assuming that's not it), and he's a fairly unimportant Foxy Pirate crew member, outside of the somewhat interesting note that he's the first Wotan (Fishman/Giant halfbreed) to be introduced in the series. However, his appearance, race, and presumed nationality (It was not explicitly stated, but given that his crew originates in the South Blue, it seems a safe bet, in my opinion at least, that he does as well) draw some...interesting parallels with another, rather more notable inhabitant of the South Blue.

This fellow, if you are in fact unaware, is Jaguar D. Saul, a former Vice Admiral that defected after he became unable to stomach the atrocities that the Navy were planning to commit on Ohara due to their deciphering of the Poneglyphs. As a result, he shared the same fate as the rest of the Oharans, with the exception of Nico Robin, whom I'm sure you all know. Before he died, however, it was stated that his family, presumably living in the South Blue where he was born, also bear the initial D. The theory, if you haven't already hazarded a guess based off of the information presented so far, is thus: Big Pan, who's full name we probably don't know, is in fact named Pan D. Something, possibly even Pan D. Saul, and is a relative of Jaguar D. Saul. There's no solid evidence of this, of course, but I think the (in my opinion at least) pretty obvious similarities in their appearance, their shared origins in the South Blue, and their shared giant heritage make for fairly compelling evidence of a possible blood relation between the two characters. Not that it actually matters, anyways.

Last edited: