Arc review - The Gigantomachia plot point

Do you like this plot point ? Do you think it was well done ?

• Yes it was really well done, Hori managed to juggle with everything without broken plates

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Good : some mistakes but okay

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Average

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Not like it at all

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
Here some thread to review some parts of the War arc that is likely finished now.

The topic of the day is the Gigantomachia plot line.

I think it was a bit tricky for Horikishi to balance that part. Hori had to juggle with few things : make the students relevant, not dehype Gigantomachia because he is EOS material likely, protect the student so plot armor because Giganto was way too strong for them etc.

Overall i think Horikoshi made a fine job about this one :

Giganto was still portrayed as a mosnter all along and is still hyped for the later part of the story
: first with Tokoyami Dark Shadows hyping Giganto compared to Re Destro, then making Giganto un unstoppable beast that can detsroy anyone like fly : he stomped Mt Lady, all the heroes that were in his way, run trough 30 cities and killed so many, wasn't hurt much even if he took a lot lot of hits etc, being able to resist Best Jeanist best attack and tore trough the thick ropes, and he managed to accompalish his task : he reached Shigy and carried the LOV to him.
So I think Giganto is not dehype at all.

Yet Horikishi managed to make the students and heroes relevant :
The students were tasked to "stop" gigantomachia : we all knew that Giganto was miles ahead of them power wise and could smash them : so I think every though that the plot armor level would reach the roof real quick, and maybe the fear that with some bullshit the students could have managed to really stop him.

Horikoshi managed to find a middle ground : Giganto was so focused on his mission that he didn't really focus on anything else and that protected the students and other heroes to be flattened real quick. So this was some kind of armor for the student but this can be explained by Giganto personality and that behavior was introduced before that arc so this was not that bullshit.

The student managed to do well against Giganto : they managed to feed him the drugs even if it was not easy at all. Giganto even while unfocused was still a juggernaut, but with versatility, power, great tactics and nakama power they managed to do it. They didn't manage to hurt Giganto at all but managed with Mt Lady help to stop his for some seconds. The only light bullshit was maybe the fact that Momo could produce the drugs from her body. Her being able to product that kind of things right of the bat is crazy ! She went from creating canons, or others tools to extremely complicated drugs with chemicals products. Didn't know she was an expert. This is by far the most complicated thing she ever created but we can say that it was thanks to her training.

The best thing is even if the students were all safe after that they didn't manage to stop Giganto and Giganto still killed thousands after and kept his way to Shiggy.
So their succes was half half but more realistic.

The other heroes :

Other heroes managed to shine against Giganto too : My Lady did a good damn job and went Plus Ultra ! Endeavor managed to knock him down. Best Jeanist big return : he managed to bind Giganto with his ultimate skill, didn't really work but was impressive etc.

What do you thinks about this plot point ?
Did you like it or not ? do you think the plot armor was too thick or dealt the good way ?

lets go !

Tags : @WesMidnight @Yukihime @ivaannom @Fujishiro @HA001 @DruMzTV @Jo_Ndule @LuffyMazino @Baba @Sword God Ryuma @Kucing Pencuri @Guan Yu @JioFreed @mugiwalaw @playa4321 @Hiragaro @Luthon @Admiral Lee Hung @Albino ๐Ÿ‘‘ @Redx @Ravagerblade @Zowo @Ice devil slayer @Monkey D Theories @Dark Admiral @Dark Hound @DarkWitch @JioFreed @Yo Tan Wa @Fist_Of_Love @Arara @Akai2 @Zoro D Goat @Finalbeta @DynaMight @Flower @Bullet @Dragomir @Guan Yu @Queen @PirateKingDrew @Seth @Marimo_420 @Ryuarashi @Yere93 @Kucing Pencuri @Yukihime @Sentinel @Constantine @HA001 @BangMi @DruMzTV @Camie @symbiote @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @Gol D. Roger @Nibel @Yoru @Baba @Kiwipom @LoneEspada @God_Aizen @JazzMazz etc

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
Does anyone think Gigantomachia was portrayed as anything less than stellar?

It took a combined effort of every single hero to ultimately bring him down. That is amazing portrayal.

MHA isnโ€™t supposed to be trash like One Piece where one **** can solo thousands by himself, the power gaps are a lot smaller here, and that said, literally every character had to gang up on Gigantomachia to bring him down.

I donโ€™t know how anyone could possibly be disappointed with him, lol.

Adam ๐ŸŽ

Pretty Boy
โ€Ž
Giganto has better showcase than BM in WCI or WB in MF
Post automatically merged:

This dude literally carved his way through several pro heroes and cities like it is nothing. He didn't even slow down. He was bitch slapping everyone left and right. If it wasn't for sleep powder he would solo literally everyone there with ease.

Giganto was nothing less than an absolute beast. He was so strong it took every damn hero present to take him down. No idea why people even complain about him being defeated now when his power was sheer amazing.

Adam ๐ŸŽ

Pretty Boy
โ€Ž
Okay. But I can't get over the fact that he fell to some dumbasses who won't even scratch top students in battle.

FFS. One of the worst outcomes for Machia.
I think it was brilliant how it was handled

We all know Machia could body anyone there. That is no secret. But where would that lead to? Nothing good. So instead horikoshi devised a plan to make Machia be absolute terror by literally ravaging several cities killing countless of citizens and pro heroes like its nothing - BUT at the same time not nerf him like giving him a heart attack or some shit like they did to WB in MF or making BM dumb in WCI. And at the end Machia fell due to the combined effort and tactics of several rising stars and pro heroes. Not by brute force but by tactics and team work

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
Dunno he was supposed to be Noumu on steroids and he should've ruined everyone and everything bar Deku 100%?
But he did ruin everyone lol. And he wasnโ€™t even trying to fight them, he was just trying to get to Shiggy.

Really? You are not disappointed that he fell to some dumbass students who would've died from one noumu hit?
1. Because of the manner in which he went down, no. Iโ€™m glad Horikoshiโ€™s big fights focus on tactics this much instead of just outright power levels/tired 1v1s.

2. These are literally the best hero students in the world, Gigantomachia is the real โ€œdumbassโ€ here lol.

3. The students did not defeat Gigantomachia alone, itโ€™s like Jeanist said, everyone had a hand in it, including Mt. Lady, Kamui Woods, Midnight, Endeavor, Jeanist etc.

Giganto wiped out a small army of pro heroes in a second.
The students barely managed to accomplish their tasks and werenโ€™t even considered worthwhile opponents.
Giganto never stopped feeling like a monster, even when weakened.

Giganto was portrayed well. He is a true monster. Overall this arc was a good one, but still had some points that I didn't like.

The fight could be better, but overall it was good.

Well in the end Giganto was one of the best parts of this arc, because he is one of the few characters whom I like, especially from the villain sides. Well maybe he was even the best part of this arc, besides Dabis story.