Arcane vs Cyberpunk: Edgerunners

R1: Which one is better? R2: Which one do you enjoy more?

• Total voters

Adam ๐ŸŽ

Pretty Boy
โ€Ž
I would give it to Arcane

I love Cyberpunk universe as a whole, the manga is fantastic, short stories, the game.

But Arcane was just different man. Edgerunners left you sad but with a conclussion

Arcane left you with utter shock and a clifhanger of whats to come

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
Which one is better?
Which has the better story?
Which has the better characters?
Which one has the better animation?
Which has the better soundtrack?
Which one do you prefer? Etc etc

vs

Discuss.​
Haha i wanted to make that too

For me arcane takes it

I liked Cyberpunk but Arcane was a much bigger bang. Arcane animation, style, characters everything was really really good. Frankly Arcane was really high level.

Cyberpunk is ยซ just ยป good

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Haha i wanted to make that too
Lol. I haven't actually seen Cyberpunk yet, but saw it was a somewhat popular debate, so wanted to see how and if it can measure up to Arcane, which I think was amazing and then see if it's worth checking out.

Some tags
@ConquistadoR @Fujishiro @Tobra etc etc

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
I can already list your top 10 favs from HxH
LMAO do it. I have a feeling it's gonna be Chrollo and Kurapika for sure.

Write the top 10 and when I catch up I'll revisit this thread and we'll see how accurate it is.

LMAO do it. I have a feeling it's gonna be Chrollo and Kurapika for sure.

Write the top 10 and when I catch up I'll revisit this thread and we'll see how accurate it is.
When did you start watching hxh btw? Also id say Cyberpunk is solid, not as good as Arcane imo but its very much up there so Id recommend it :p

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
When did you start watching hxh btw? Also id say Cyberpunk is solid, not as good as Arcane imo but its very much up there so Id recommend it :p
Yo I didn't start yet. Planning on reading the Manga one of these days.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
You been saying that for years raito lol. You gonna love the dude in my tag, also Hisoka :optimistic:
Lmao. For real this time. I think most likely yeah from what I know lol.

TheKnightOfTheSea

๐•ท๐–”๐–—๐–‰ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ธ๐–”๐–”๐–“'๐–˜ ๐•พ๐–•๐–†๐–œ๐–“
โ€Ž
I'll come back to this thread after I watch Edgerunners:pepebusi:

G

Gorosei Informer

I prefer Arcane personally but I'm also biased as I LOVE Jinx and have done for many, many years now haha. I've waited for this anime of League for so many years so I can't be unbiased unfortunately.

I think both series are fantastic in their own ways and have their own unique strengths.

I think Arcane had superior animation and art style by far, both series had fantastic voice acting though but Arcane was also better there imo due how more dramatic/serious it was?

Edgerunners had its goofiness at times which also suited its animation style but sometimes I found it a bit too much, although the style looked absolutely beautiful in places and the animation did work well for certain moments and such.

I put Edgerunners as the one I enjoyed more because it wasn't as bleak as I expected it to be, it was more upbeat than I expected despite the grim cyberpunk setting and thus extremely dytospian writing naturally. It was very colourful and had some wonderful downtime, goofy, joyful moments to break up the drama, seriousness, tragedy etc and I felt that balanced out the series nicely too.

Arcane took itself a lot more seriously and I understand why it did, but I couldn't handle another season of all that drama and grief but given how it ended and what the lore of League is like, its inevitable things will get worse/darker/more grim and such, even though Arcane is making major changes from Leagues lore and such too ofc.

I expected Arcane to have the better characters and in some ways it does but I prefer Edgerunners there too. I never expected to like the ER gang so much especially in such a short amount of episodes, I thought I would actually hate Rebecca too but she grew on me a lot by the end too. They added such wonderful, energetic, whimsical quirks to characters like her, that reminded me of classic anime I grew up on too.

I loved Silco, Jinx herself naturally, Vi, Caitlin, maybe Mel and her mother Ambessa, Heimdinger, Ekko, Vander, Singed and Viktor. Reading up on League's lore and comparisons to the changes made by Arcane for the characters and lore, there is a VAST improvement in Arcane that makes the characters so much better imo. So much more nuanced, grounded, humanised etc.

I've wanted to make long posts for both series talking about why I enjoyed and loved both of them so much but I've already said a lot here anyway and both shows are so unapoloetically sincere and heartfelt and tell amazing complete, complex, multi-emotional stories in such a short amount of time, its just UNREAL!

I genuinely cannot decide which one is better overall, I want to say Arcane out of my personal bias for Jinx and League of Legends BUT I LOVED Edgerunners so much, FAR more than I ever expected to and the music and voice acting of that series was PHENOMENAL! It even made me love dubbed anime again! Like in the good old days of me being a new weeb!

Thanks for asking me anyway man @Light D Lamperouge , I appreciate it! You're a great choom!

:cheers::kata::rosismile::fransuper::funky::myman::neesama::sweat::amazing:

G

Gorosei Informer

Just doing an arcane rewatch, Arcane is quite better
Yeah honestly, I think I agree with you too. Edgerunners has great depth and beauty to it but Arcane is so incredibly complex, nuanced and such, its INSANE the amount of detail, love, effort etc that went into it! French animators really don't mess around do they!? I've seen some wonderful stuff by French animators before, hence my comment too lol.

I've been watching analysis videos like these and they are enightening me so much about all the intricacies of the show and the immense amount of thought that went into it!:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQ4DJ_2CTh6gzJmadJfgTa0gZenW_735v