General & Others are shin and sakamoto dual protagonists or protagonist and deuteragonist

Sakamoto is undoubtedly a protagonist but is shin another protagonist or just a deuteragonist

"Dual protagonists are characters who are both the central actors in a story, work toward a shared or similar goal, and take up approximately the same amount of screen time." a simple example is woody and buzz from toy story, 21 jump street, bucky and sam from the falcon and the winter solider and supernatural(not really sure about this i only saw a couple seasons and barely remeber anything)

while "the deuteragonist or secondary main character is the second most important character of a narrative, after the protagonist." an example of this is batman and robin, goku and vegeta and obi wan and anakin

hmm while shin age and power level makes him more suited as a sidekick but i can see him become an equal protagonist to sakamoto as time goes one same how robin becomes nightwing and becomes equal to batman or how anakin becomes obi-wan's equal in revenge of the sith although evil

I agree I think they are dual protagonists.

Theyre duo thats always together....but unlike other Shonen Duos like Gon and Killua, Sakamoto and Shin usually have their own subplots within each arc. They both are the MCs with each of the subplots. Heck I think Shin had more screentime than Sakamoto in the JCC test arc. And whilst Shin gets stronger, I think his panel-time will also increase as well.

So yh, where we have Gon and Killua usually within the same subplots, with Gon being the MC and leading the way. Sakamoto and Shin are leading their own storylines.

So I see Shin as much of a MC as Sakamoto. Just Sakamoto is more of the Icon of the manga.

I agree I think they are dual protagonists.

Theyre duo thats always together....but unlike other Shonen Duos like Gon and Killua, Sakamoto and Shin usually have their own subplots within each arc. They both are the MCs with each of the subplots. Heck I think Shin had more screentime than Sakamoto in the JCC test arc. And whilst Shin gets stronger, I think his panel-time will also increase as well.

So yh, where we have Gon and Killua usually within the same subplots, with Gon being the MC and leading the way. Sakamoto and Shin are leading their own storylines.

So I see Shin as much of a MC as Sakamoto. Just Sakamoto is more of the Icon of the manga.
agree also even sakamoto always fights the big bad because hes stronger but shin's fights are pretty impactful even when he loses