Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be helpful for you:
Hello everyone,

This time decided to talk about a recurrent topic concerning the avatars

In an earlier thread, i talked about how uploading avatars with a 400 x 400 ratio: https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/index.php?threads/avatars-setup.19/

And after testing out some ratio concepts, which didn't ended up to my liking(about avatar size or quality), decided to do something different. And in order to make things clears for the users, decided to talk about the avatars rules, which are

1- The avatars you upload must be of similar ratio(150x150, 192x192, 288x288, 300x300, 400x400...)
2- As mentioned before the recommended avatar ratio is 400x400. That's for quality issues
3- As already mentioned before as well, you can shift the avatar depending on your liking, by moving the place i indicated with the green arrow(visible on the green arrow from above picture), while using your mouse to move and shift it the way you like it to be centered

Now i'd explain how croping works if you don't respect the above rules.

- If you try uploading an avatar of a different size ratio in width and height(200x192, 192x300...), it'd crop the height or width depending on the lowest number between the two. So the bigger the scaling difference, the greater the ratio difference will be visible.

So when uploading avatars, always have the ratio concept in mind.

That was all for me. Enjoy your stay here :cheers:

This might be helpful for you:
Thanks, brother.
Post automatically merged:

Did some further testing.
I cropped the maximum size of other individual avatars from other posters and I think the pixels come close to 189 for horizontal and 289 for vertical.

I posted a side by side comparison. Seems like there is a loss in quality despite being almost the same size? Seen here at the bottom:

I uploaded an avatar with pixels of 400 by 400 and it still elongated it. The current picture that I have is 189 by 289 but with a loss of quality. The lower quality looks a bit more "washed out" with duller colors.

@Bogard @Law

Please let me know if my testing procedure is flawed. Thank you!

Last edited:
I got curious after reading all your manipulations and how the image appears.
I did an experiment. I clicked on your avatar and saved the image, it came out sharp:

But then I took a screenshot of your post to compare how it will come out, the image ended up being blurry after I pasted it in the program. That is so odd.
My avatar looks sharp and I didn't do any editing, I uploaded from 400*400 version of this stock:

I got curious after reading all your manipulations and how the image appears.
I did an experiment. I clicked on your avatar and saved the image, it came out sharp:

But then I took a screenshot of your post to compare how it will come out, the image ended up being blurry after I pasted it in the program. That is so odd.
My avatar looks sharp and I didn't do any editing, I uploaded from 400*400 version of this stock:

Hmm interesting. Can you please upload your 400x400 version here as well?

Thank you.

Hmm interesting. Can you please upload your 400x400 version here as well?

Thank you.
I resized for the sake of a clean experiment and changed my avatar to this 400*400 version:

I also noticed once I saved your avatar, its size was 199*285
Post automatically merged:

As you can see, this 400*400 cropped version is very stretched

Status
Not open for further replies.