Versus Battle Berserk versus Kingdom

J

Jo_Ndule

The next thread opposes Berserk against Kingdom:
Which verse has a better MC?
Which verse has better Support/role Characters?
Which verse has the best Power structure?
Which verse makes more sense?
Which verse treats issues more realistically?
Which verse has the best fights?
which verse....

And Do you think Guts would carry Kingdom franchise better than Shin does? Vice versa with Shin in Berserk as MC?

@RayanOO @Dragomir @TheAncientCenturion @Chrono @Seth @Zoro D Goat @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @playa4321 @Sentinel @Hades @Owl Ki @Admiral Lee Hung

D

Dragomir

I personally think Berserk is better than Kingdom in almost every single way. From protagonist to antagonist, from plot to side characters to even comic relief, etc. Berserk is superior in almost every literature related stat. And this isn't a knock against Kingdom, Berserk is just that good.

1. Guts. I like Shin but Guts is the greatest MC of all time.

2. Berserk. Serpico, Farnese, Schierke, Isidro, Puck and the old Band of the Hawk are a much better supporting cast to than what Kingdom has with Kyou Kai, Mou Ten, Ka Ryo Ten, and Ou Hon(as well as the whole Hi Shin Unit).

3. Berserk again. I like the wars and 1v1 combat in Kingdom but I think Berserk is more versatile with its power system. You got the 1v1 combat and tactics with Guts and Serpico, then the magic with Schierke and Farnese; and lastly some demonic ass shit with the Godhand and Apostles.

4. What is this one asking exactly? I don't get it.

5. I guess Kingdom since it follows an actual historical storyline of ancient. So it thus contains politics, legitimate wars, and corruption. On the other hand, Berserk is a lot more fantasy based.

6. Hmm, I'ma have to give it to Kingdom on this one. The fights overall in Berserk are more story-induced, met as a way to flesh out a character or set things up for the future. With Kingdom, a lot of the fights are are just that: fights for the sake of getting Shin stronger or taking down the antogonist. Some do have a story element involved but not most. While Berserk's fights aren't, I prefer Kingdom's.

7. I don't think either. Guts would be too strong in the Kingdom verse. Dude's a one-man army. It'd be a lot less interesting to read if you're having a guy just soloing entire wars(think about it, nobody's stopping Berserker Guts). And with Shin, he's not a really fit for the deep and dark world for Berserk, mentally and emotionally. Just wouldn't work out. Not to mention, he'd get eaten by an Apostle.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
My kind of thread right here lol.

Well Guts is my favorite fictional character ever so...there really is no main character in manga like Guts. He stands in a class of his own.

Shin is actually under appreciated but Guts is unlike everyone else.

Kingdom.

Berserk’s side characters work well as parodies/satires of other tropes in manga, but a lot of side characters in Berserk are intentionally generic like Isidoro, Puck, and others..and they work perfectly well for the rolls they play, but Kingdom’s side characters are all much more unique and developed as a whole.

For what each series is trying to accomplish? Neither really lol.

I mean, Kingdom but. Who cares really imo lol.

They both have pretty flawless fights imo but Berserk’s fights are more tense at times in my opinion. Some Kingdom fights are less quality than others, but all Berserk fights are of equal high quality imo.

And Do you think Guts would carry Kingdom franchise better than Shin does? Vice versa with Shin in Berserk as MC?
Nah, each character works for their series lol. I don’t really think either works if you swap them out and throw them into the other manga.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
The next thread opposes Berserk against Kingdom:
which verse....

@RayanOO @Dragomir @TheAncientCenturion @Chrono @Seth @Zoro D Goat @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @playa4321 @Sentinel @Hades @Owl Ki @Admiral Lee Hung
Haven't read Kingdom yet so I don't think I will be objective.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Haven't read Kingdom yet so I don't think I will be objective.
:seriously:

Read it !

I prefer Guts by a good margin. Shin is not bad but he is not great either for me. A bit too Shonen MC like : too loud, not that smart, wanting to be the best great general etc. Shin is not bad to follow, can be fun sometimes and has good moments, but for me he is not top 10 in his own manga.

Guts is pure love.

Kingdom has a solid side cast. Ouki, Tou, Sei, Riboku etc.

Berserk too has solid arguments : the hawk band, GRIFFITH, Zodd, serpico etc.

Draw maybe

Don't know. Apostle are more original, god hands etc. The magic in Berserk is really well done.

The strength in Kingdom is good too, even if weight can be used a plot armor or plot offense too much.

Berserk lore takes time to be explored but for now it is coherent and good. There are still lots of mysteries but it is okay.

Kingdom world is quite realistic so it is complicated to judge.
But the different states are well done, good politics etc.

Draw.
Berserk was quite "realistic" in his first part : the war, Griffith asking Guts to kill the noble and Guts killing the child, Guts childhood in the mercenaries.... Griffith and his relationship with the noble man. Griffith obsession for control and the moment Guts left the band, Griffith sacrifice etc. Guts and Casca.

The issues, reactions or feelings can be understood.

Obviously a lot of fairy tale things are added but the feelings are "realistic" for a good part.

Berserk no doubt : versatile fights, better choreography, different styles, tension etc.

Guts no need to ask
Kingdom
The original band and griffith are very good but this current team doesn't beat kingdom
Farnese and Schierke are cool
But i'm not really interested in the rest
Rokumi is a better comic relief than Isidoro and puck
Tou, Riboku, Mouten, sir Ouki, hi shin unit
etc... are pure love
Berserk is more versatile and original
Kingdom is simple and straight forward
It's like the first 80 chapters of berserk just without any magical monster Hara just added plot armor and called it weight
I give it to Berserk
Kingdom is based on real history so i guess Kingdom
Hard to say
Kingdom does it for more people
It shows what war does to a country
poverty, hatred, slaves, politics but Berserk chooses a select few and goes a lot deeper in them
Draw maybe
Which verse has the best fights
Kingdom
Berserk has some cool fight but the number of fights in Kingdom is a lot more and the vast majority of them are high quality
No berserk fight beats Moubu vs Kanmei or Rinko vs Shin for me

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
No berserk fight beats Moubu vs Kanmei or Rinko vs Shin for me
Most fight in kingdom while nice are not really versatile choreography wise for me. It is often the same things : some clash on horses swings everywhere pushing back and forth and the strongest weight wins this. Only Rinko vs Shin is really different and good. This is for me the best fight in Kingdom choreography wise.

Berserk fights are differents and offer different moves/choreography etc.

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Rokumi is a better comic relief than Isidoro and puck
Couldn’t disagree more. Hara making a fool out of Roku Omi is one of the very few legitimate issues I have with Kingdom. In fact it’s one of the few actual writing flaws with Kingdom that I would say are objective, along with Kyoukai’s nonsense power level.

Roku Omi started off as a respectable character in his own way, and the comedy with him was a lot more subtle. I really like the scene in Chiyoyou where Ouhon comes up with the battle plan, and we see Rokuomi up on the hill afterwards, and he says something like “I hate playing second fiddle to this bitch ass teenagers” or something like that lol. That shit was legit funny, but the current Rokuomi humor involves Hara making him look like a complete dumbass, pretending to understand Ju Ko Ou’s philosophical musings despite having no idea what Ju Ko Ou is actually talking about.

The original jokes with Roku Omi didn’t degrade him as a character, the new jokes about Roku Omi do degrade him, and I’m not sure why Hara decided to do this with him but I never really cared about Roku Omi that much anyway lol.

Isidoro and Puck are phenomenal comic relief. Isidoro himself is a spoof on typical Shonen characters. He’s a useless little shit who has ambitions of being the “greatest swordsman in the world,” but most of the time Miura portrays him as a dumb monkey who’s uses come from him fighting in cowardly/chicken-shit ways, if he’s even useful at all rather than typical Shonen protags who are always trying to do something epic or whatever.

Every joke about Isidoro, exists to make characters like Luffy, Naruto, Zoro, Ichigo, etc. look like complete fools and this is why Isidoro exists in Berserk lol.

And in Puck’s own words, “you can’t leave me behind!! The manga would be too dark without me in it!!” Puck is also a pretty complex character in his own way who has plenty of moments of sincerity. But it’s obvious why Puck exists in the story, from Puck’s own words lol.

You have Isidoro who exists so Miura can parody Shonen idiots, and Puck who exists for a myriad of reasons, but the comedic moments with him serve to lighten the mood of a very dark story. We are not supposed to take Isidoro very seriously, and we are only very rarely supposed to take Puck seriously, and the jokes about Puck don’t diminish the serious moments.

Roku Omi on the other hand is a character who Hara does want us to take seriously in many ways, but as of late he’s made the guy look like a complete fool in a way that lessens how seriously we are supposed to take him.

Maybe it’s just my opinion, but Hara really has been degrading Roku Omi lately and I don’t like that lol.

Berserk by far. Guts is the Goat. Period.

I would go with Kingdom for now.

Berserk I guess?

Kingdom, at least in term of story imo.

Tie for this one.

Berserk. The fights in Kingdom is cool and hype and all but Berserk fights is too great.:akaman:

which verse.... has the best villains?
Berserk LOL.

Guts would probably be a better mc than Shin in Kingdom to be honest. While Shin should be ok in Berserk as well.