Rules Berserk General Dicussion

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
โ€Ž
I'm in my first reread for a good few years, at chapter 250.

Was it ever confirmed what exactly the Beast of Darkness is? I've always operated under the assumption that due to Guts living as a human sort of interstice (that is confirmed to have made him and his sword superhuman even pre-berserker armour) it was some malignant spirit that has infected him and draws on his negative thoughts, but I'm not sure if that was ever explicitly stated.

Curious to see how you guys powerscale Berserk. This is why top 15 strongest:

15. Irvine
14. Grunbeld
13. Rakshas
12. Locus
11. Zodd
10. Guts
9. Sea God
8. Ganishka
7. Skull Knight
6. Conrad/Ubik/Slan
5. Conrad/Ubik/Slan
4. Conrad/Ubik/Slan
3. Void
2. Femto
1. The Idea of Evil

People like Flora and the Elf King could probably be above the Apostles, but it's too hard to judge them rn. Only did 15 because it gets kinda hard to accurately rank characters.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
Curious to see how you guys powerscale Berserk. This is why top 15 strongest:

15. Irvine
14. Grunbeld
13. Rakshas
12. Locus
11. Zodd
10. Guts
9. Sea God
8. Ganishka
7. Skull Knight
6. Conrad/Ubik/Slan
5. Conrad/Ubik/Slan
4. Conrad/Ubik/Slan
3. Void
2. Femto
1. The Idea of Evil

People like Flora and the Elf King could probably be above the Apostles, but it's too hard to judge them rn. Only did 15 because it gets kinda hard to accurately rank characters.
You think that Guts is already above Zodd ?

He will be that's sure but I don't know for now. Once he will master the armor I can see Guts beating Zodd. I think Zodd is still portrayed as a huge boss and future great opponent.

I agree for me that Locus is the strongest from the new Hawk band after Zodd.

Rakshas didn't impress me a lot to be put above Grumbeld.

About the Femto vs Void, I don't know. Griffith is the main villain but Void seems to be the one in charge of the god hand, the boss of the thing.

You think that Guts is already above Zodd ?

He will be that's sure but I don't know for now. Once he will master the armor I can see Guts beating Zodd. I think Zodd is still portrayed as a huge boss and future great opponent.

I agree for me that Locus is the strongest from the new Hawk band after Zodd.

Rakshas didn't impress me a lot to be put above Grumbeld.

About the Femto vs Void, I don't know. Griffith is the main villain but Void seems to be the one in charge of the god hand, the boss of the thing.
At the Hill of Swords, it seemed like pre-BA Guts was slightly stronger than serious Base Zodd. Given how much of a boost the BA is, I feel like it would put Guts at approximately equal to serious Apostle Form Zodd, but Guts would squeak out a victory due to just how tenacious he is, as well as his amazing battle tactics.

For now, I'm basing my ranking of the 5 BotH commander Apostles on the order in which they came to Griffith's aid. Zodd was first, then Locus, then Rakshas, then Grunbeld, and lastly Irvine.

Also, I think that the 5 commanders probably parallel the 5 commanders of the orginal Band of the Hawk. Zodd is obviously the Guts of the group (and he might also end up ditching the Band of the Hawk, like Guts did). Locus is the Casca of the group (which would make him the 2nd strongest commander) since he seems to be the most obsessed with Griffith, like Casca was, and he also likely has an elegant fighting style, like Casca. Grunbeld is the big, strong dude, like Pippin was. Rakshas and Judeau are kinda similar since they both seem like the stealth types. There's not really any noticeable similarities between Corkus and Irvine though, so that might discredit my hypothesis.

In my opinion, the God Hand likely reset every millenium, with the former 5th God Hand becoming the new 1st God Hand. This was foreshadowed when it was mentioned that 4 Angels came down to help the wise man (aka Void) the Gaiseric imprisoned, meaning that Void, the current 1st God Hand, would have been the 5th God Hand of the previous cycle. Therefore, the 1st God Hand has superiority over numbers 2-4, but not the 5th since the 5th will become the new 1st. I give Femto the edge though due to him being the main villain and the one chosen for the Incarnation Ceremony

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
I'm in my first reread for a good few years, at chapter 250.

Was it ever confirmed what exactly the Beast of Darkness is? I've always operated under the assumption that due to Guts living as a human sort of interstice (that is confirmed to have made him and his sword superhuman even pre-berserker armour) it was some malignant spirit that has infected him and draws on his negative thoughts, but I'm not sure if that was ever explicitly stated.
The Beast of Darkness is a manifestation of Gutsโ€™ inner rage, hatred, and negative emotions. Kind of like how the Idea of Evil is an entity/being that came into existence as a result of humanity believing in evil ideas and such, the Beast of Darkness is literally a being living within Gutsโ€™ subconscious.

Itโ€™s not fully explained how beings can come into existence just because people believe they should exist but..you know lol.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
@Admiral Lee Hung What level do you think Shiva Ganishka would be at in the OPM universe?
Above Dragon. He obliterated cities just by walking, could cover the land around him in fire from his mouths, and could turn the corpses of the armies he crushed beneath his feet into pseudo-Apostles.

Lightning form Ganishka is already debatably above Dragon himself as only very specific abilities can hurt him.

Above Dragon. He obliterated cities just by walking, could cover the land around him in fire from his mouths, and could turn the corpses of the armies he crushed beneath his feet into pseudo-Apostles.

Lightning form Ganishka is already debatably above Dragon himself as only very specific abilities can hurt him.
I wonder how the Apostles and other powerful Berserk characters would fare in the OPM world. I imagine that an average Apostle would be average Tiger level considering that guys like Wyald were way stronger than Pre-Eclipse Guts, who is probably as strong as an A class hero, and even Apostles like the Slug Count and Rosine could give Black Swordsman Guts a high-extreme diff fight. The elite Apostles (Irvine, Grunbeld, Rakshas, Locus, and Zodd) would probably be on Demon level, along with Berserker Armor Guts. Apostle Ganishka would be Dragon level, and so would Skull Knight? Shiva Ganishka would be Orochi level (low Above Dragon). I'm not completely sure about SK since it was his cut that killed Shiva Ganishka, but idk if Femto was amplifying the power of the cut once he redirected it. The God Hand individually would either be high Above Dragon level (like Boros and Awakened Garou), or God level

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
I wonder how the Apostles and other powerful Berserk characters would fare in the OPM world. I imagine that an average Apostle would be average Tiger level considering that guys like Wyald were way stronger than Pre-Eclipse Guts, who is probably as strong as an A class hero, and even Apostles like the Slug Count and Rosine could give Black Swordsman Guts a high-extreme diff fight. The elite Apostles (Irvine, Grunbeld, Rakshas, Locus, and Zodd) would probably be on Demon level, along with Berserker Armor Guts. Apostle Ganishka would be Dragon level, and so would Skull Knight? Shiva Ganishka would be Orochi level (low Above Dragon). I'm not completely sure about SK since it was his cut that killed Shiva Ganishka, but idk if Femto was amplifying the power of the cut once he redirected it. The God Hand individually would either be high Above Dragon level (like Boros and Awakened Garou), or God level
Yeah you pretty much got it right. People like Grunbeld and Zodd would be low Demon probably and the Godhand could probably qualify for God level depending on the true extent of their power.

Things getting interessting. I hope we will get something cool soon. Having 1 or 2 chapters a year has become normal for me, so such an announcing is enough for me already to get me hyped. I would take anything now as long its berserk.

Trying to figure out which characters best represent the tarot cards. This is my list so far. Any suggestions?

The Fool = Puck
The Magician = Schierke
The High Priestess = Flora
The Empress = Danann
The Emperor = Ganishka
The Hierophant = Mozgus
The Lovers = Charlotte
The Chariot = Serpico
Strength = Zodd
The Hermit = Godot
Wheel of Fortune = Behelit
Justice = Skull Knight