Rules Berserk General Dicussion

Who were those 4 other Demonic Beings alongside Void? Was there a Godhand prior to the current 5?
Yep. The God Hand are the agents of the Idea of Evil, and the Idea of Evil has been around as long as humanity has, so it makes sense that there would be previous God Hand
Post automatically merged:

Yep! they are previous god hand members. Which means they can be killed. Really great chapter which was worth the wait imo. it raised so many questions.
The first 4 God Hand probably get sacrificed in a ceremony that takes place every 1000 years

One of the former god hands looks like the Kushan king
Definitely raised more questions than it answered
Void apparently sacrificed Gaiseric and his kingdom but then who would he be? What was their relationship? A brother or something?
What happened to the other god hands?

Last edited:
Incredible chapter.

Having had the benefit of a reread the past few months, memory of the rescue of Griffith and the mentions we've had of the first (or so we thought) Eclipse, Gaeseric and Void. There was mention there of confusion over whether there was four or five "angels" there, something that has caused a bit of confusion, as Void was presumably the first of them. Now we're seeing there was a Godhand pre-Void. Which also implies someone- Skull Knight- has actually managed to kill off four members. Presumably at this very moment of the Eclipse where the Berserker armour withered Gaeseric away to nothing.

Yes, there's certainly a resemblance between Danaan and Gaeseric's sacrificed wife/lover. The two aren't the same though- Danaan's shoulders are bare, and we can see she doesn't have a brand. Might just be a case of two characters that look the same, but the fairy necklace suggests there could be more to it.

Damn it Miura, evil genius that he is, he's managed to delay the Guts Casca reunion again and I'm not even bothered as long as we get the Gaeseric flashback, cause we've been waiting for that even longer.

Incredible chapter.

Having had the benefit of a reread the past few months, memory of the rescue of Griffith and the mentions we've had of the first (or so we thought) Eclipse, Gaeseric and Void. There was mention there of confusion over whether there was four or five "angels" there, something that has caused a bit of confusion, as Void was presumably the first of them. Now we're seeing there was a Godhand pre-Void. Which also implies someone- Skull Knight- has actually managed to kill off four members. Presumably at this very moment of the Eclipse where the Berserker armour withered Gaeseric away to nothing.

Yes, there's certainly a resemblance between Danaan and Gaeseric's sacrificed wife/lover. The two aren't the same though- Danaan's shoulders are bare, and we can see she doesn't have a brand. Might just be a case of two characters that look the same, but the fairy necklace suggests there could be more to it.

Damn it Miura, evil genius that he is, he's managed to delay the Guts Casca reunion again and I'm not even bothered as long as we get the Gaeseric flashback, cause we've been waiting for that even longer.
I don’t know if Skull Knight killed those four, or if the terrible thing that the God Hand did to wipe out Gaiseric’s kingdom (and what they will do to Falconia) requires the first 4 God Hand of the quintumvirate to sacrifice themselves, or maybe Skull Knight killing them played into the ritual. For example, maybe 4 angels dying is required to release enough evil energy for the ritual to happen

Skull Knight no longer has a brand on them (which he presumably would have gotten at some point), so this suggests that changing your form to a certain degree can remove the brand. Maybe the same thing happened with Danann when she transformed into the Flower Storm Monarch. Imo the fact that they look so similar, they both have that jewelry around their forehead, and that Gaiseric’s lady had that elven necklace just seems like too much of a coincidence to me

I wonder what the purpose of the Slan’s, Ubik’s, and Conrad’s of the God Hand are. It seems like the 1st and 5th members are the only ones who have a special purpose every 1000 years. Do the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th members also play a special role at some point, or they only exist just to help spread evil up until they die?
Post automatically merged:

It's fucking sad imo. One chapter from Miura is worth X amount of shitty Wano chapters from Oda at this point.
Tfw half a chapter of Berserk is more entertaining than an entire volume of One Piece :gokulaugh:

12/10 for this chapter. I was listening The ost "Blood and Guts" and just when the line "... Guts and Godhand" droped I saw the panel of the former God Hand. Such an intense moment of reading just a "manga".
Miura once again delivered an incredible piece of art here and the story is getting pushd forward too.
The old Godhand looks amazing and freaking scary too. The armless Corps reminded me of the demogorgon from Stranger things a lil bit.
The fact that there is a new Godhand in the current time line could mean that they are able to get killed. I hope Gaeseric/Skully will explain it a bit in the next chapter.
I'm also curious who the woman/Skullys wife was and what happend to her.

I still dont get how Guts is supposed to get an upgrade by seeing the past of the former user of his Berserker Armor but I will lay my trust into Miuras hands.

Fantastic chapter and I'm serously hyped to get much more from Berserk in future. Hopefully this time we wont have to wait to long but who knows.