Powers & Abilities Big Mom and Kaido's Beliefs and Values Were Not Divine = No Awakening

Hi Worstgen,

I believe Awakenings have rules that require a Path to Awakening. The Path to Awakening requires living by Divine Laws.

I argue that Big Mom and Kaido could not become awakened because they did not follow a Path to Awakening. It can also be called a Path of Righteousness.

They were abnormally powerful because they had powerful spirits, but they lacked proper beliefs and values that would have allowed them to transcend.

So, that's it. That's how Awakenings work. It's rare for a person to awaken because it's rare for a person to follow a Path of Righteousness.

It also requires combat experience and the evolution of your dream as a person. Through each conflict, your resolve toward your dream increases. This is what causes the awakening state to occur. It is when that resolve to a dream is realized fully. But, it has to be a divine dream, and not just a bad one like trying to wage war like Kaido did. The Heavens abandon you once you take on these kinds of causes.

This is why I view Dreams and Justice as a way to create Paths to Awakening. But many dreams and many forms of Justice are not divine. It has to be a divine dream or a divine form of Justice to activate an awakening through high tier combat.

Basically... The Heavens have to be on your side. The Gods must be willing to fight for your cause or you will not be allowed to use Conqueror's Haki at its highest tiers.