Powers & Abilities Bonney will likely get a massive power up in Egghead

Oda has, generally, given the supernova their fair share of hype

I feel like this can be said for every supernova bar Bonney, who despite being amongst the 11 Supernovas, seems on par or weaker than the weakling trio. Hence I feel like by the time this arc is finished, Oda will make her massively stronger.

There is precedent for this as Bonney is very similar to another child in an adults body, Momonosuke. Both are royalty that have allied themselves with the SHs, with Bonney likely sailing with the SHs to Elbaf. And look how Oda treated Momo. He gave him CoO, the ability to control Zunisha, and Kaido's DF. While I'm not sure Bonney will get the same treatment, I think we can at least expect one type of power up for her in the form of some advanced tech.

As Vegapunk stated, there is something he has to give to Bonney. We still don't know what this is, and it surely isn't Kuma's memories as he never wanted Bonney to see that.

My guess is that it is some sort of weapon designed to keep Bonney safe. As Vegapunk said, Kuma was a dear friend of his and he loved him very much. Bonney, despite her DF, is still a young girl. Surely Vegapunk with all his science and weaponry would give Bonney something so that she could be safe, that's the least he could do for Kuma.

I'd say this was even foreshadowed with Bonney using Vegapunk's lightsaber.

Bonney's fighting style seems to be based off using an assortment of weapons. We've basically seen her use everything.

A pipe

guns

A sword

Even some random scrap metal

Bonney's style is incredibly versatile and hence I feel like Vegapunk might have created some sort of weapon that maximizes this style. Some sort of all in one weapon that transforms according to the user's will.

However, given how this is Vegapunk we are talking about, there is a big chance this weapon could be much more advanced than just a transforming weapon. This is Kuma's daughter after all, I think Vegapunk would put his greatest tech into it.

some possiblities:
  • lasers
  • sea energy bubbles / sea stone
  • infused with zoan powers
  • invisibility
This seems like a lot for just a single weapon, right? However, we have seen highly advanced weaponry such as this before.

The raid suits are a singular weapon but they have a ton of features in them. You have the sheild like cape, the levitation pads at the bottom of the shoes, the rocket boosters on the heals. And each Raid suit has its own unique functionalities. Judge's Raid suit can use electromagnetism, Sanji's can make him invisible. The raid suits can also come with weapons contained in them, like Judge's spear.

My guess is Bonney's weapon will be a more advanced version of the raid suit. Vegapunk will put all his greatest tech into it, thereby creating something that can protect Bonney even if Kuma isn't there to do it himself.

With this weapon, I see Bonney's portrayal rising from a weakling character that is constantly (literally) carried around by the stronger male cast, to portrayal more in line with the average mid level supernova. Basically stronger than Robin and Franky, but probably weaker(although comparable to) Jinbe.

L drake , hawkins both flopped hard in wano. Oda is highlighting bonney's character and story more it seems. Her ability can be OP but its not necessary that she proves herself in combat.

Yoho

✌𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮✌
Other than Kid and and Law who both happened to awaken off screen what power up has any super nova that's not a strawhat gotten?

C

CensoredbyWG

Bonney is relevant for her plot, but her as a fighter will stay low.

Urouge piece will be both for plot and power scalling.

I dunno if I'd say Bonney is comparable to the weakling trio. She's done and taken a lot more than any of them have post time skip save maybe chopper.

It's a jewel.

He's going to give Bonney a Rare Stone that allows her to evolve prematurely [Forced Awakening].

The crystal method/science method.

She will evolve like a pokemon does.

Thankfully, she's not a Zoan, so there is no fear of her losing her mind during the process.