• someone we know

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • kobeni

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
It'd be funny as hell if it's Kobeni. She didn't wanna reveal her devil and she has miraculously avoided certain death at multiple points. Could very well end up being her. But there's also gotta be a catch cuz all horsemen so far have ringed eyes and Kobeni doesn't. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of her being the death devil yet though. However, I think it will prolly be a new character I guess, like Yoru and Fami.

Red Night

Chise and Joseph
โ€Ž
It'd be funny as hell if it's Kobeni. She didn't wanna reveal her devil and she has miraculously avoided certain death at multiple points. Could very well end up being her. But there's also gotta be a catch cuz all horsemen so far have ringed eyes and Kobeni doesn't. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of her being the death devil yet though. However, I think it will prolly be a new character I guess, like Yoru and Fami.
Asa doesn't has ringed รชtes because Yoru is just possessing her.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Asa doesn't has ringed รชtes because Yoru is just possessing her.
Yeah but Yoru has and we see it when they change control. So if Kobeni is just possessed as well there should be some indications and she should be aware to some extent. Don't think she'd fear CSM that much in that case. It could be an act but Kobeni seems to know which devil she has a contract with and Death should be the most powerful of all. Makima should have some knowledge on it as well imo since she's a fellow horsemen and her goal was to eliminate the others so I sorta doubt Death would be able to parade in front of Makima's nose like that.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
The more Humanity fears the name of a Devil, the more he's strong.
Humans fear death a lot. Maybe the strengh gap between the Death Devil and the other 3 horsemen is huge.
But I still think it's an other character we have never see yet.
Don't think the gap is huge tbh. They are all horsemen so should be relative to one another, with of course some being stronger. Death being the strongest is fair and I also think that's the case, but I don't think the gap is huge. Famine, War and Conquest are also very feared by humans as evident by them being very powerful and horsemen.

obviously someone with spiral eyes that we haven't met

Bigger question is- why is they death being featured alongside with such weak horsemen when it's supposed to be the primal fear and the strongest devil.

Horsemen are far from primal

Yoshida is connected with the death devil somehow he asks if the chainsaw man will eat the death devil

heโ€™s aware of the horsemen he stares down famine

so maybe heโ€™s like asa with the war devil

Red Night

Chise and Joseph
โ€Ž
Asa is a fiend not a devil. This is about who is death devil

Yoshida can't be in either case. He has contract with octopus devil, which can't be done by fiends nor devils.
Man I don't think there are definited rules. If War Devil can make Asa a fiend, why can't Death Devil make Yoshida a fiend ?
Post automatically merged:

Even if I don't think Yoshida is the Death Devil.

can you post the pages that say all the horsemen are female
it's based on the fact that 3/4 have been females
so it's probably 4 sisters
he can still be a hybrid, hybrids can make contacts no?
so now he's a hybrid??? Based on what?
That doesn't make him a death devil nor fiend. Which the thread is asking

Why you want someone as shit as Yoshida to be death?

If War Devil can make Asa a fiend, why can't Death Devil make Yoshida a fiend ?
because he has a CONTRACT with octopus, which fiends nor devils can do

Red Night

Chise and Joseph
โ€Ž
Honestly after seeing Cosmo's power, I can't be surprised anymore.

I think Yoshida's sentence asking Denji if he could eat the Death Devil is just related to him fearing the moment of his death or the death of a precious member of his family.

I'll quote this guy from the Chainsaw Man thread who showed some cool details that hint at Yoshida being (involved with) Death.

Apparently Yoshida's name can be a play on Shi da yo which means I am death. And obviously the shi in his name means death.
Clearly, the focus of Chainsaw Man is its plot. Its inherent world building rules are rarely stated clearly and not as fixed or cohesive as in other shonen. I.e., neither split personality fiend nor devil transformation through a contract (justice girl) were known until part 2.

So if there's a plot point where Fujimoto feels it would be cool for Yoshida to be death, I'm certain he'd somehow pull it through.