Chapter 803

Shin is still looking like a clown man. Hope he matures a lot this arc. We are in the main unification campaign, Shin would soon become a GG…..He has to think for himself sometimes while also consulting with others and not look clueless. Hope Tou gets his shine too by suggesting or modifying Kyokai’s strategy instead of directly following it like last time. Sounds like an exciting arc ahead

Based on their conversation, here is what I think will happen.

Given what we have learned, Han is not a strong army but uses side advantages to keep themselves in power. These are their spy system with diplomatic ties, their technological advances (such as steel weapons, we saw poison in the coalition war and possibly even fireworks), and political monetary bribery. So, if I were to guess, I would say they would have something like a state-of-the-art fortress wall system that Qin will need to break first to enter Sentai.

First, Kyou Kai's plan will be some sort of infiltration and takeover of that fortress wall and uses it and their other tech advantages in the fortress to overwhelm Han. I think this is where the Hi Shin Unit will excel and become Qin's first steel arrow squad. In history, Qin built an archery system where they can launch so many arrows that they can blacken the skies, and I think Han will be the unfortunate provider of the arrows with their steel tech.

Now, why do I say it will be Hi Shin Unit? Simple, archers aren't really a different set of units at this point, they are more like infantry that carry bows and arrows just like we saw Hi Shin Unit and Sai use during the Ai rebellion. We got the archer brothers, and we know Hi Shin Unit is predominantly infantry-based due to their peasant-militia background. This means that although they have cavalry, it's still limited compared to the likes of others because noble families like Ou and Mou would have more resources to train cavalry type units which requires more formation and expenses (owning your own horse, learning how to ride, and learning to battle while riding) which isn't really possible under 1 year, let alone for 60k.

The Hi Shin Unit will basically make their infantry a fusion between archer and infantry where they will be archers when they have a distance battle and then go infantry when in close range battle. My guess is they will copy something they have already experienced, Ren Pa's general Gen Pou's archery technique they faced in Sanyou. But with the tech advance and steel tip arrows, the Hi Shin Unit version will be much more mobile and deadlier. It will even up an infantryman to a cavalryman because now they can use the arrows as a distance weapon and expand their damage range.

Also, note this blueprint will later be followed by the rest of Qin because once more, finding 200k men may be possible but 200k horses on top, not really. Remember, although Kingdom shows us with lots of horses, in reality, China won't have enough horses till the Han empire peak as they come from steppes beyond the Great Wall of China. Only Mountain tribes people had access to large forces of horse-riding cavalrymen at this point. Also, unlike Zhao where you have to cover large distance travel to fight, Han's smaller fortress-like defenses will favor positioned units than mobile units.

Meanwhile, as Han deals with Qin at the wall, Zhao and Wei will try to reinforce but they will fail and it won't be military but rather politically:

Ri Boku will try to raise an army from Zhao but he will be denied by his King and this will break Ri Boku's Dream Alliance with Han & Wei vs Qin. They already lost Chu during the coalition war and due to Wei-Chu disputes. So, Zhao will not be able to help at all. This failure will also make Go Hou Mei back out after an initial skirmish. Go Hou Mei will abandon Han because he wouldn't want to waste his army for a foreigner given how vulnerable Wei already is (if Han is an invasion of 1 province worth space, Wei is 2 provinces worth of space).

This, however, will give Han an unexpected ally from Chu in Ka Rin who will charge at Wei's link with Han and either bribe themselves to assist Han or simply invade as Han is already compromised by Qin. This will finally lead to Tou vs Ka Rin as the 3rd and final battle to take over Han.

Last edited:
Shin is still looking like a clown man. Hope he matures a lot this arc. We are in the main unification campaign, Shin would soon become a GG…..He has to think for himself sometimes while also consulting with others and not look clueless.
Considering the utterly pathetic tantrum he threw just a few chapters ago, I won't hold my breath.

I'm coming around to accepting Hara has lost his touch and Kingdom's best days are well and truly behind it.

We just saw this man squander a 2 6GG vs 2 3GHs battle that involved 100s of thousands of troops, the Q3 and SBS's proper debut. My faith in Hara to return to his original heights has pretty much shattered.

Ryuukoku telling Shin why he makes a fuss out of everything has to be a meta joke.
This drama queen is annoying.

And it's annoying Hara hasn't had any of them acknowledge Shin avenging Ou Ki or carrying his glaive. That this apparently doesn't matter to Hara just says so much and none of it flattering.

Last edited:
Considering the utterly pathetic tantrum he threw just a few chapters ago, I won't hold my breath.

I'm coming around to accepting Hara has lost his touch and Kingdom's best days are well and truly behind it.

We just saw this man squander a 2 6GG vs 2 3GHs battle involved 100s of thousands of troops, the Q3 and SBS's proper debut. My faith in Hara to return to his original heights has pretty much shattered.
Post automatically merged:

This drama queen is annoying.

And it's annoying Hara hasn't had any of them acknowledge Shin avenging Ou Ki or carrying his glaive. That his apparently doesn't matter to Hara just says so much and none of it flattering.
The way Hara has been writing Shin's character lately is annoying. He goes from being hyped by his opponent (RBK of all people, you can't get a better compliment) and having great moments just like during Kochou's arc and Kanki's death arc but during Hango he was put aside too easily and now he just is the idiot that don't understand anything when they're talking basic strategy.

However I am confident he will show him in a good light during the Han contest. What I'm worried about is Hara showing him as an idiot and clueless about the most obvious things again just for the laughs after he becomes a GG.