Chapter Discussion Chapter 806

Another 100K following Tou's 100K army is strange.

Qin shouldn't have that kind of manpower lying around. Even with the 300K they raised, 80K of that went to Ou Sen, and another 160K was split between the Q3.

I presume the remaining 60K went to Tou, and even if they didn't, they'd still be down 40K.

Only way this works if Hara did some bullshit again where 100K doesn't exactly mean 100K, with 300K actually meaning 340K troops were raised or whatever.

I like those strategy meetings when people discuss their options and disagree about what to do.

Also I'm surprised that Yoko Yoko is actually giving his insight. I guess he is not a dumb brute despite his appearance.

I'm curious how strong those Han generals will be.

Another 100K following Tou's 100K army is strange.

Qin shouldn't have that kind of manpower lying around. Even with the 300K they raised, 80K of that went to Ou Sen, and another 160K was split between the Q3.

I presume the remaining 60K went to Tou, and even if they didn't, they'd still be down 40K.

Only way this works if Hara did some bullshit again where 100K doesn't exactly mean 100K, with 300K actually meaning 340K troops were raised or whatever.
Tou went to Riboku's school of pulling troops out of thin air.

I think Hara’s explanation is gonna be perception bias or something like that……..

Actual numbers maybe Shin - 40k, Tou - 60k, second wave - 60k…….260k is absurd

Tou went to Riboku's school of pulling troops out of thin air.
That, or Ou Ken took payment for having one of his generals march an army with false banners to mindfuck the Han and hamstring their advance.

If Han withdraw all troops from Nanyou, which is the option they seem to find the least attractive, and Qin takes the city, they instantly lose a huge chunk of territory and 10s of thousands of civilians.

Last edited:
My theory on Kyoukai's plan.

(history spoilers)
There's nothing in Shiji about any battle that Qin took part of this year, but there's a mention of Tou being sent to accept Nan An(南安) from Han. Regardless on how they were able to gather this new army they want to scare Han into surrendering the region without a fight. If Qin can accomplish this task then they will not only have a path to their capitol but also enough manpower for a full-scale invasion next year.

The third 100k army is most definitely a bluff to probably force Han to recall everyone to Shintei so it becomes a siege instead of an open battle. Abandoning their castles throughout the country means it would be easy to take those resources and make the citizens part of Qin without actually fighting which is the ultimate goal.

If Shintei is comparable to Gyou in design as Rakuakan said, Kyoukai's strategy might be to starve them and force them to surrender.

Zhao isn't as powerful as they were in the past because they lost a shit ton of soldiers and depends on Seika which won't go on the offfensive for Han. For Wei, Gohoumei is a fraud.

It’s a bluff. Don’t think anyone went and counted heads for Shins army and same for Tou’s too. Also Hara showing HSU saying how massive their army is also pointing to the direction that the amount of soldiers could vary from what Han believes it to be. Their combined force still could be 160k.

I also think it's a bluff. This is probably what Kyoukai meant. Maybe they have armored some women and children just to look like another army is coming but they'll send them back as soon as Han soldiers move.

nice chapter.

there's a trick behind this.
but it seems han will be forced to retreat and hand over na an to qin.
the battle will happen next year
we know now 3 named generals

The point is what Kyoukai & Tou said "Simply don't fight"

How? By a perspective army.
The clues:
  • 60.000... 60k... 60k...
  • The reason for the delay is the fact that they are not trained well
I assume that qin are still 160k with certain trick. But posting 1 of the tricks is tiresome.

The point is what Kyoukai & Tou said "Simply don't fight"

How? By a perspective army.
The clues:
  • 60.000... 60k... 60k...
  • The reason for the delay is the fact that they are not trained well
I assume that qin are still 160k with certain trick. But posting 1 of the tricks is tiresome.
They recruited 100k untrained people into their ranks to appear bigger imo
Shin might have 20k useless old men in his army

They recruited 100k untrained people into their ranks to appear bigger imo
They did already with the 300K they raised.

80K went to Ou Sen
160K went to the Q3

Considering Tou Army is around 40-50K, I imagine the remaining 40K + some garrisons were added to the Tou Army to make it a 100K army.