What will be in Carrot's arsenal when she fights again?

• Total voters
I hate myself for sounding like a disillusioned Carrot fan from one of @Mr. Reloaded's fanfics, but this is too true. Like what was even the point of having Carrot and Yamato tag along and bond with the crew with all their talk of wanting to go out to sea and explore the world when they just show up only to disappear without a proper sendoff in the most unsatisfying and lackluster ways imaginable?

At least with Yamato she was only introduced in the literal last stretch of Wano and her character never amounted to anything more than being an annoying Oden larper with sideboobs, but you had Carrot tagging along with the Straw Hats for almost a decade and LOda giving her familial bonding moments with almost every crew member that wasn't on Wano during that time only to just make her disappear without a freaking word, effectively making you wonder why she was even with them at all, especially since she never had a deeper role to play like being on a secret mission for Zou.

Its like if Vivi's journey with the Straw Hats ended the moment they arrived in Alabasta and Vivi split off from them to go stay in that sand-buried village while the Straw Hats solved everything by themselves without ever seeing or mentioning Vivi again as they get chased off by Smoker once its over, with the audience only seeing her for one panel at near the end where her father says that he needs her to become queen.
Oda is good at making you question his writing. I think there is a reasonnable explanation for this. Or Oda simply thought that Carrot was not important and completely underestimated the impact of her character, but it would be surprising.

Ok so there's no more SH it's dead.

The dumbass actually introduced the lookout role and then just got rid of it
My cope will never die, stay strong men :catsweat:
Post automatically merged:

Oda is good at making you question his writing. I think there is a reasonnable explanation for this. Or Oda simply thought that Carrot was not important and completely underestimated the impact of her character, but it would be surprising.
Honestly the previous editor who really liked Carrot was probably the reason for her being in the story more. Especially with how disappointing her role in Wano was I wouldn't be surprised.

My cope will never die, stay strong men :catsweat:

Honestly the previous editor who really liked Carrot was probably the reason for her being in the story more. Especially with how disappointing her role in Wano was I wouldn't be surprised.
I don't buy that.

The way Carrot is written is not something that is improvised. From the day Carrot appeared I believe that Oda knew that she would become the next Ruler.

I hate myself for sounding like a disillusioned Carrot fan from one of @Mr. Reloaded's fanfics, but this is too true. Like what was even the point of having Carrot and Yamato tag along and bond with the crew with all their talk of wanting to go out to sea and explore the world when they just show up only to disappear without a proper sendoff in the most unsatisfying and lackluster ways imaginable?

At least with Yamato she was only introduced in the literal last stretch of Wano and her character never amounted to anything more than being an annoying Oden larper with sideboobs, but you had Carrot tagging along with the Straw Hats for almost a decade and LOda giving her familial bonding moments with almost every crew member that wasn't on Wano during that time only to just make her disappear without a freaking word, effectively making you wonder why she was even with them at all, especially since she never had a deeper role to play like being on a secret mission for Zou.

Its like if Vivi's journey with the Straw Hats ended the moment they arrived in Alabasta and Vivi split off from them to go stay in that sand-buried village while the Straw Hats solved everything by themselves without ever seeing or mentioning Vivi again as they get chased off by Smoker once its over, with the audience only seeing her for one panel at near the end where her father says that he needs her to become queen.
Get ready for Vivi to be relegated to insignficance aswell. This is the Luffy show with Zorotards as a sidedish

I don't buy that.

The way Carrot is written is not something that is improvised. From the day Carrot appeared I believe that Oda knew that she would become the next Ruler.
Bro no, then her story makes no sense, she starts with wanting to adventure, goes to a Yonko land, loses her mentor, goes to another Yonko land and participates in a war, then radomly gets elected queen of her kingdom against her will.

It's actually stupid. The logical conclusion to her story was to keep traveling

Bro no, then her story makes no sense
On the contrary it makes perfect sence.

she starts with wanting to adventure, goes to a Yonko land, loses her mentor, goes to another Yonko land and participates in a war, then radomly gets elected queen of her kingdom against her will.
You can't forget that Carrot is still 15/16 and that she is given a very huge burden here. Its not necessarily easy to say "no". What would be interesting, is to know what Carrot thinks right now. Is she happy ? If that's the case, then yes, Oda is making a bit of a mistake. If no, then it makes perfect sence.

The logical conclusion to her story was to keep traveling
You guys (I'm saying "guys" because you are not the first Carrot fan I'm trying to convince today) need to understand that this might NOT be the conclusion of her story but simply a little side out. Carrot's story is technically not really over from a character standpoint.

So like I'm saying to others: be patient. If nothing happens in the next two arcs, then yes, I can understand why you might get frustrated, but for now.. its just too soon.

On the contrary it makes perfect sence.

You can't forget that Carrot is still 15/16 and that she is given a very huge burden here. Its not necessarily easy to say "no". What would be interesting, is to know what Carrot thinks right now. Is she happy ? If that's the case, then yes, Oda is making a bit of a mistake. If no, then it makes perfect sence.

You guys (I'm saying "guys" because you are not the first Carrot fan I'm trying to convince today) need to understand that this might NOT be the conclusion of her story but simply a little side out. Carrot's story is technically not really over from a character standpoint.

So like I'm saying to others: be patient. If nothing happens in the next two arcs, then yes, I can understand why you might get frustrated, but for now.. its just too soon.
You can write anything, she can get bored with her duties as queen and think it's too much and try to escape, it bad writting tho

@Pot Goblin you probably need a new poll btw :milaugh:
You shut your mouth :beckmoji: