Carrot's next appearance when?

• Total voters

Couple fun facts about Easter in Ukraine:
1) for some reason not all of the Christian holidays are the same days in Ukraine as they are in the rest of Europe (due to calendars discrepancy) but as Ukraine got independence for it's church we started to change those, and Easter in Ukraine is in about a month, lol, although Christmas is no longer on 7th of January.
2) in Ukraine Easter is not about the easter bunny or easter eggs hunt, it's more about special bakery (tastes kinda like panettone) and painted chicken eggs (or at least boiled with yellow onion peels to give them some colour), like this:

Which is actually pretty funny when you think of it, because I've read somewhere that early Christians reused some of old pagan traditions to make the transition easier, and the holiday fairly close to Easter (in terms of dates/season) was a celebration dedicated to seasonal change (winter -> summer) and fertility rites, so the baked thingy and eggs are actually representing manhood :suresure: ofc there are some other myths and legends from Christian folklore about the eggs and stuff, but we all know the truth :kuzanshut:

Bepo D. Bear

Well-Known Bear

Couple fun facts about Easter in Ukraine:
1) for some reason not all of the Christian holidays are the same days in Ukraine as they are in the rest of Europe (due to calendars discrepancy) but as Ukraine got independence for it's church we started to change those, and Easter in Ukraine is in about a month, lol, although Christmas is no longer on 7th of January.
2) in Ukraine Easter is not about the easter bunny or easter eggs hunt, it's more about special bakery (tastes kinda like panettone) and painted chicken eggs (or at least boiled with yellow onion peels to give them some colour), like this:

Which is actually pretty funny when you think of it, because I've read somewhere that early Christians reused some of old pagan traditions to make the transition easier, and the holiday fairly close to Easter (in terms of dates/season) was a celebration dedicated to seasonal change (winter -> summer) and fertility rites, so the baked thingy and eggs are actually representing manhood :suresure: ofc there are some other myths and legends from Christian folklore about the eggs and stuff, but we all know the truth :kuzanshut:
Woah those cakes are looking good 🤤​

It's on 5th of May in Ukraine this year, but thanks :catsure:

Btw the white stuff there is apparently representing the body liquids :usoprice: the cakes are still quite tasty, but it's incredibly funny that the whole Orthodox Christian church is basically eating dicks for Easter :sanjismug:
I need a source for all that or I'm not believing it:saden:
Please post it in the politics thread tho:saden:

I need a source for all that or I'm not believing it:saden:
Please post it in the politics thread tho:saden:
Nah, I'm good, I stay away from that thread.

I've initially read this info in my native language, so it's difficult to find a source in English, especially since a lot of Christians tried to repurpose eggs and those Easter cakes into something else, like the dome of the church, but you can read a comprehensive write-up here or a TL;DR here. Also if you dig any info about Easter, it's said to be connected with spring, rebirth, fertility, etc. (hence the bunny in the west, as bunnies are known for being super fertile). E.g. this article in the first section covers pagan origins of Easter - https://arcanetrail.com/blogs/arcane-archives/how-to-celebrate-easter-as-a-pagan#:~:text=Pagan Origins of Easter&text=Ēastre was often associated with,closely tied to pagan celebrations.

Nah, I'm good, I stay away from that thread.

I've initially read this info in my native language, so it's difficult to find a source in English, especially since a lot of Christians tried to repurpose eggs and those Easter cakes into something else, like the dome of the church, but you can read a comprehensive write-up here or a TL;DR here. Also if you dig any info about Easter, it's said to be connected with spring, rebirth, fertility, etc. (hence the bunny in the west, as bunnies are known for being super fertile). E.g. this article in the first section covers pagan origins of Easter - https://arcanetrail.com/blogs/arcane-archives/how-to-celebrate-easter-as-a-pagan#:~:text=Pagan Origins of Easter&text=Ēastre was often associated with,closely tied to pagan celebrations.
yea i know about thr pagan roots of easter. Was specifically referring to your statement about the cake frosting:saden::saden:
"I don't like the politics thread so I'll post my political stuff in other thteads" :finally:💗 🐰🌝

yea i know about thr pagan roots of easter. Was specifically referring to your statement about the cake frosting:saden::saden:
"I don't like the politics thread so I'll post my political stuff in other thteads" :finally:💗 🐰🌝
It's bunny holiday, so I shared some fun traditions from my country 🤣🐇

As for the cake representation - the first and second links I provided cover the fact that kulich represents phallus. There's no comments about frosting, but when you put two and two together, what else it could be 🤣🤣🤣

The links I'm referring to are hyperlinks:
a comprehensive write-up here
a TL;DR here

It's bunny holiday, so I shared some fun traditions from my country 🤣🐇

As for the cake representation - the first and second links I provided cover the fact that kulich represents phallus. There's no comments about frosting, but when you put two and two together, what else it could be 🤣🤣🤣

The links I'm referring to are hyperlinks:
Amor a Luna :finally: