Theory Cosmic Law in Buddhism and How it Relates to Awakenings

Hi Worstgen,

I believe one of the many elements that are misunderstood in the story, especially to Western readers, include a concept known as Cosmic Law in Hinduism/Buddhism.

In Hinduism, dharma is seen as the cosmic law both upheld by the gods and expressed in right behaviour by humans, including adherence to the social order. In Buddhism, it is interpreted as universal truth or law, especially as proclaimed by the Buddha.

To get to the point, Luffy may be succeeding because he is adhering to the principles of Cosmic Law (dharma).

Another name for Cosmic Law is Divine Law. It may also be referred to as Spirit Law.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it? (Divine Departure)

At their core, Cosmic Law or Divine Law are "Universal Laws" which ancient cultures used to understand the world.

The universal laws are thought to be intrinsic, unchanging laws of our universe that ancient cultures have always intuitively known.

Awakenings in the story may involve becoming immersed in adherence to Cosmic Laws. The end-result of following a, "Righteous Path" may be what creates the opportunity for a person to become enlightened. A gradual process many people will not succeed in because they are breaking rules in Cosmic Law before reaching the desired end-result, which is the condition of being enlightened/awakened.

Some examples of Cosmic Law include the Law of Vibration, the Law of Rhythm, and the Law of Attraction.

Note: I am fairly certain this is precisely what confuses most readers about awakenings. This is understandable because the type of information being used here is esoteric in nature, and that means it is a type of information that is considered "secretive." Only a small handful of people will ever be interested in it enough to actually understand it. The mystery to these awakenings is what is so intriguing about them. However, I don't think they are too complex to understand. The problem tends to be Western readers apply modern science to the story and lack information about how ancient societies lived to really comprehend what's going on, sometimes.

Note: There really is no other way awakenings could possibly work. Juvenile theories like "if someone is traumatized they become awakened" are bad theories and make this place look like we're too stupid to think beyond more than that. People who don't give this idea any weight are close-minded, and ignorant of how the story really works. Their loss. Not mine.

Last edited:
Idk if Doffy was really upholding dharma
Why not? Do you know enough about Dharma to be able to make such a determination in the first place?
- I would argue that Doflamingo did, in fact, follow Cosmic Law. However, following a, "Righteous Path" doesn't necessarily mean you need to be a good guy. You will have loyal followers, though, because they see your cause as being just. There are different forms of justice, too.

Why not? Do you know enough about Dharma to be able to make such a determination in the first place?
- I would argue that Doflamingo did, in fact, follow Cosmic Law. However, following a, "Righteous Path" doesn't necessarily mean you need to be a good guy. You will have loyal followers, though, because they see your cause as being just. There are different forms of justice, too.
Doffy believes the strong have the right to oppress the weak.

If you’re talking about hindu dharma, I believe this type of believe is called The Law of the Fish, which was explicitly stated to be adharma in Mahabharata.
Post automatically merged:

Kid is similar in that he likes to obliterate weaker pirates

Albeit unlike Doffy, he doesn’t seek to be a celestial dragon.

Doffy believes the strong have the right to oppress the weak.

If you’re talking about hindu dharma, I believe this type of believe is called The Law of the Fish, which was explicitly stated to be adharma in Mahabharata.

Kid is similar in that he likes to obliterate weaker pirates

Albeit unlike Doffy, he doesn’t seek to be a celestial dragon.
I don't see a problem with obliterating opponents if your cause is just. There are many forms of justice. The field of Dharma is a battleground. That is common knowledge.

Gold Roger too was known to obliterate opponents.

The best way to put this is simple:

There are good and bad pirates, and so there are also good and bad marines. In turn, there are also good and bad Conquering Kings.

I would argue this has to do with the Law of Polarity. I've never heard of the Law of the Fish.

Last edited:
I don't see a problem with obliterating opponents if your cause is just. There are many forms of justice. The field of Dharma is a battleground. That is common knowledge.

Gold Roger too was known to obliterate opponents.

The best way to put this is simple:

There are good and bad pirates, and so there are also good and bad marines. In turn, there are also good and bad Conquering Kings.

I would argue this has to do with the Law of Polarity. I've never heard of the Law of the Fish.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matsya_Nyaya

Doffy doesn’t merely want to obliterate his opponents

he’s a cruel and evil king.

Hi Worstgen,

I believe one of the many elements that are misunderstood in the story, especially to Western readers, include a concept known as Cosmic Law in Hinduism/Buddhism.

In Hinduism, dharma is seen as the cosmic law both upheld by the gods and expressed in right behaviour by humans, including adherence to the social order. In Buddhism, it is interpreted as universal truth or law, especially as proclaimed by the Buddha.

To get to the point, Luffy may be succeeding because he is adhering to the principles of Cosmic Law (dharma).

Another name for Cosmic Law is Divine Law. It may also be referred to as Spirit Law.

At their core, Cosmic Law or Divine Law are "Universal Laws" which ancient cultures used to understand the world.

The universal laws are thought to be intrinsic, unchanging laws of our universe that ancient cultures have always intuitively known.

Awakenings in the story may involve becoming immersed in adherence to Cosmic Laws. The end-result of following a, "Righteous Path" may be what creates the opportunity for a person to become enlightened. A gradual process many people will not succeed in because they are breaking rules in Cosmic Law before reaching the desired end-result, which is the condition of being enlightened/awakened.

Some examples of Cosmic Law include the Law of Vibration, the Law of Rhythm, and the Law of Attraction.

Note: I am fairly certain this is precisely what confuses most readers about awakenings. This is understandable because the type of information being used here is esoteric in nature, and that means it is a type of information that is considered "secretive." Only a small handful of people will ever be interested in it enough to actually understand it. The mystery to these awakenings is what is so intriguing about them. However, I don't think they are too complex to understand. The problem tends to be Western readers apply modern science to the story and lack information about how ancient societies lived to really comprehend what's going on, sometimes.

Note: There really is no other way awakenings could possibly work. Juvenile theories like "if someone is traumatized they become awakened" are bad theories and make this place look like we're too stupid to think beyond more than that. People who don't give this idea any weight are close-minded, and ignorant of how the story really works. Their loss. Not mine.
Welcome to the forum.

Hi Worstgen,

tu é br?vou te botar no chat BR.

I think that's a bit of an emotional argument and it doesn't really have any bearing on whether or not people are adhering to Cosmic Law. It doesn't necessarily mean you need to be a good person as I've pointed out more than once already.
Dharma = righteousness

idk where you learned about this

Righteousness can be subjective. I don't know how much of a jerk you have to be to pretend it can't be interpreted in many ways.

If Doflamingo was truly as awful a person as you say he is, then he wouldn't have as many fans. People think he's more than just a lowlife villain, and he was pretty persuasive about it himself too.

The difference is you see a basic villain and I see someone with layers. Doflamingo is a complex character and that's precisely why he became an awakened person.

I understand you are trying to, "debunk" this theory by suggesting that some of the Awakened Users are not following Cosmic Law. You won't convince me of it, but you might convince some people with low attention spans.

Note: This is without a doubt how awakenings work. Anyone coming up with another theory is chasing a wild goose.

I would also like to mention that DISPOSITION is something Eichiro Oda likes to use with practically every character he makes. He gives them something to feel bad about, and that creates their background and their motivations. So, that is to say Doflamingo didn't choose to be an exiled Celestial Dragon. That was his father's choice, and it was one he didn't agree with. It caused him and his family to suffer. If anything, what should be agreed upon is that he was another VICTIM of the circumstances of the world.

If he was truly evil, Luffy may have actually killed him instead of just defeating him. He killed his dream of creating an army with Kaido, and that dream along with his own caused him to become a twisted Conquering King. Luffy may have changed his dream. He may not even want to do what he planned to anymore. It's possible he could turn a new leaf and become a good guy.

Yes Dharma = Righteousness

Abiding by rules of The Heavens makes you a righteous person. A righteous path is part of the journey to becoming enlightened. You don't just simply become enlightened after one night. The Gods "favor you" until you become enlightened and at that time you are essentially a God yourself. All the Conquerors have some form of righteousness and a sense of justice to go along with their motivations and personal backgrounds.

For example, Katakuri has a background that includes him having a sense of justice for his family too.

During their childhood, after Katakuri beat up some bullies who ridiculed his mouth, they took their revenge on Brûlée, scarring her face. Brûlée did not hold any grudge against Katakuri, saying that he was fine the way he is. After unleashing his own revenge, Katakuri started hiding his face to protect his family.

Last edited:
C

Cruxroux

You have mental illness. Don't talk to me.

I won't be responding to negative people. I don't think it's a smart use of their time to show up here looking for trouble.
Lmao , who's negative. .:usoprice::usoprice:

Mods. .delete this thread and alt 🤦🤦. .we got another missionary out of Political thread.

Disruptive behavior.

That's what that is.

I am going to attempt to avoid engaging you because it will cause this thread to become chaotic.

-

To continue my discussion, the theory can be simplified to an understanding that Cosmic Law is the main factor involved with the awakening process. It is by following a so-called, "righteous path" that a person eventually becomes awakened. The, "righteous path" is sometimes involved with a catalyst that acts as the final stepping stone toward enlightenment. The enlightenment is the awakening.

C

Cruxroux

Disruptive behavior.

That's what that is.

I am going to attempt to avoid engaging you because it will cause this thread to become chaotic.

-

To continue my discussion, the theory can be simplified to an understanding that Cosmic Law is the main factor involved with the awakening process. It is by following a so-called, "righteous path" that a person eventually becomes awakened. The, "righteous path" is sometimes involved with a catalyst that acts as the final stepping stone toward enlightenment. The enlightenment is the awakening.
🤦
Nobody gives a flying fuck dude. Give up. You're wasting your energy.

That means nobody cares and actually consciously avoids learning how awakenings really happen. As I said before, it's their loss and not mine. However, I don't think anyone cares for you to speak for them either. So, you can't just say how they feel for them.

You're very disruptive. I suspect you got in trouble many times at school. It's amazing you haven't been banned with how often you disrupt others and create conflict situations.

Last edited: