Questions & Mysteries Could King's Race be the one missing of the Holy Trinity of Fictional Races? (Mini One Piece/Final Fantasy Connection)

So as we can see with One Piece, it offers a wide variety of different Races sprawled throughout the entire series. Many races that are common among fiction, and some that are unique to One Piece in general. But out of the countless races that are in One Piece, there seems to be one race specifically that is usually a staple in a Fantasy setting, that is missing from the World. That race in question, is none other the Elf race.

To me it seems pretty odd that we have seen the other two staple races in One Piece (Giants and Dwarves), but there hasn't been even a single whisper of Elves being among the races of One Piece. It honestly doesn't make any sense, as there can be made a strong argument, that Elves rank at the top of of known fictional races. But here we are 1000 chapters in, and have not gotten a single shred of information that this race exists within One Piece.

This assumption of mine isn't based on just the fact that Elves are a staple in fiction, but rather something I noticed during the last chapter of One Piece in regards to how Zoro vs King is playing out, and then I kind of looked at some other possible clues due to this.

Now the scenario I am talking about is in regards to Hiyori playing the Shamisen, and Enma reacting to it. Coincidentally enough I just so happen to be re-playing through FFIV, and there is a similar scenario that transpires in the game, that loosely resembles what is happening now. At one point in the game the heros are tasked with travelling to a cave in order to retrieve the Earth Crystal from a Dark Elf. The issue with this, however is the fact that the Dark Elf has a special ability that renders the heroes incapable of brandishing weapons against it, and due to it being an elf, it is highly resistent against all manner of magic.

The only way to rectify this scenario and complete the dungeon, is for the Heroes to retrieve a special Harp, and bring it to a character who was previously a party member. When you do that, and make it to the Dark Elf, as soon as he goes to restrict your weapons, Edward gets up and starts playing the Harp, causing the Dark Elf to lose focus, and allow the Heroes to be able to brandish their weapons against it. Now keep in mind, Edward isn't even in your party, or even nowhere near the cave. He is bed ridden all the way back at town. His music makes it all the way from the town, to the cave, to negate the Elf's special ability.

So here we are in a similar situation, with Zoro's attacks basically being ineffective against King. Now all of a sudden, Hiyori is playing music from clear across the Island, and Enma is reacting heavily to it. This is indicating that something major is about to happen for Zoro which could possibly help in his defeat against King.

So after making that connection, I was thinking back situations involving King, and one in particular stands out. That's when Zoro damage King's mask, and partially exposed his face. This seemed to infuriate King to no end. No only was the upper half of Kings face exposed, but also the exposure was very close to where his left ear would be. Now King should care if his skin color and hair is exposed, but what if his main concern was actually his ear? Ears are one of the defining traits of Elves, and if King was an Elf, exposing his ear would immediately identify him as one.

Another interesting note is that Elves are typically depicted with that same slicked back style of silver hair that King seems to be sporting. Not to mention that Elves are usually depicted as being opposed, and even hunted down and killed due to their High intelligence, and superiority over the other races. They are also known as magical beings, which fits in line with King's Race being able to manipulate fire.

The only thing that doesn't really fit is that they aren't typically depicted as having wings. But then again the Dwarves of the One Piece World (The Tontattas) don't fall into the stereotypical depiction of Dwarves either. And actually as I am writing this sentence, I do realize that the Dwarves were mistaken as faeries, and Faeries are closely related to Elves. So there actually is a small hint at a possible Elf race, just nicely disguised on Oda's part.

I'm kind of 50/50 on this, because my initial assumption is that King is apart of possibly a Dragon race, but I wouldn't be opposed to him being a Dark Elf at all. So what do you guys think? Could we finally be getting an elf race reveal in One Piece, or is King something else?

So as we can see with One Piece, it offers a wide variety of different Races sprawled throughout the entire series. Many races that are common among fiction, and some that are unique to One Piece in general. But out of the countless races that are in One Piece, there seems to be one race specifically that is usually a staple in a Fantasy setting, that is missing from the World. That race in question, is none other the Elf race.

To me it seems pretty odd that we have seen the other two staple races in One Piece (Giants and Dwarves), but there hasn't been even a single whisper of Elves being among the races of One Piece. It honestly doesn't make any sense, as there can be made a strong argument, that Elves rank at the top of of known fictional races. But here we are 1000 chapters in, and have not gotten a single shred of information that this race exists within One Piece.

This assumption of mine isn't based on just the fact that Elves are a staple in fiction, but rather something I noticed during the last chapter of One Piece in regards to how Zoro vs King is playing out, and then I kind of looked at some other possible clues due to this.

Now the scenario I am talking about is in regards to Hiyori playing the Shamisen, and Enma reacting to it. Coincidentally enough I just so happen to be re-playing through FFIV, and there is a similar scenario that transpires in the game, that loosely resembles what is happening now. At one point in the game the heros are tasked with travelling to a cave in order to retrieve the Earth Crystal from a Dark Elf. The issue with this, however is the fact that the Dark Elf has a special ability that renders the heroes incapable of brandishing weapons against it, and due to it being an elf, it is highly resistent against all manner of magic.

The only way to rectify this scenario and complete the dungeon, is for the Heroes to retrieve a special Harp, and bring it to a character who was previously a party member. When you do that, and make it to the Dark Elf, as soon as he goes to restrict your weapons, Edward gets up and starts playing the Harp, causing the Dark Elf to lose focus, and allow the Heroes to be able to brandish their weapons against it. Now keep in mind, Edward isn't even in your party, or even nowhere near the cave. He is bed ridden all the way back at town. His music makes it all the way from the town, to the cave, to negate the Elf's special ability.

So here we are in a similar situation, with Zoro's attacks basically being ineffective against King. Now all of a sudden, Hiyori is playing music from clear across the Island, and Enma is reacting heavily to it. This is indicating that something major is about to happen for Zoro which could possibly help in his defeat against King.

So after making that connection, I was thinking back situations involving King, and one in particular stands out. That's when Zoro damage King's mask, and partially exposed his face. This seemed to infuriate King to no end. No only was the upper half of Kings face exposed, but also the exposure was very close to where his left ear would be. Now King should care if his skin color and hair is exposed, but what if his main concern was actually his ear? Ears are one of the defining traits of Elves, and if King was an Elf, exposing his ear would immediately identify him as one.

Another interesting note is that Elves are typically depicted with that same slicked back style of silver hair that King seems to be sporting. Not to mention that Elves are usually depicted as being opposed, and even hunted down and killed due to their High intelligence, and superiority over the other races. They are also known as magical beings, which fits in line with King's Race being able to manipulate fire.

The only thing that doesn't really fit is that they aren't typically depicted as having wings. But then again the Dwarves of the One Piece World (The Tontattas) don't fall into the stereotypical depiction of Dwarves either. And actually as I am writing this sentence, I do realize that the Dwarves were mistaken as faeries, and Faeries are closely related to Elves. So there actually is a small hint at a possible Elf race, just nicely disguised on Oda's part.

I'm kind of 50/50 on this, because my initial assumption is that King is apart of possibly a Dragon race, but I wouldn't be opposed to him being a Dark Elf at all. So what do you guys think? Could we finally be getting an elf race reveal in One Piece, or is King something else?
I loved this,i hope this turns out to be the case.Great catch.

The main problem I see in your theory is indeed this. Tontattas aren't dwarves (ドワーフ) per se but "little people" (小人). The second one is treated more like a spirit or fairy that appears as a very small human-looking creature. The dwarves that we link to giants and elves as beautiful humanoids with pointy ears mainly belong to the Norse folklore that Tolkien popularized, but they have very little to do with what tontattas seem to represent —the duendes of Spain, lutins of France, etc.

The whole portrayal Oda gave to these guys, that of small, seemingly invisible creatures which are treated as fairies and like to steal things, pretty much fits the concept of elf as little, playful spirit way better than that of dwarf in the sense you mean. You seem to be mixing mythologies, in my opinion.

Last edited:
The main problem I see in your theory is indeed this. Tontattas aren't dwarves (ドワーフ) per se but "little people" (小人). The second one is treated more like a spirit or fairy that appears as a very small human-looking creature. The dwarves that we link to giants and elves as beautiful humanoids with pointy ears mainly belong to the Norse folklore that Tolkien popularized, but they have very little to do with what tontattas seem to represent —the duendes of Spain, lutins of France, etc.

The whole portrayal Oda gave to these guys, that of small, seemingly invisible creatures which are treated as fairies and like to steal things, pretty much fits the concept of elf as little, playful spirit way better than that of dwarf in the sense you mean. You seem to be mixing mythologies, in my opinion.
There is many depictions of each throughout countless mythologies.

If someone asked you the first creature that comes to mind that you would associate with a "Fairy", 9 times out of 10 the answer would be Elf over Dwarf.

In fact if you had zero knowledge of any kind of mythology, and just went based off of depictions in fiction, 10 time out of 10 it would be Elf.

Blother Fertitta

Real Ni**er Blother

I fuck with it
Like Evil Puck

There is many depictions of each throughout countless mythologies.

If someone asked you the first creature that comes to mind that you would associate with a "Fairy", 9 times out of 10 the answer would be Elf over Dwarf.

In fact if you had zero knowledge of any kind of mythology, and just went based off of depictions in fiction, 10 time out of 10 it would be Elf.
I don't know what's your exact point, but as I stated, tontattas don't seem to be treated as dwarves (ドワーフ) but little people (小人); the race of tontattas are literally named 小人族. The former are those dwarves we may relate to barbarian giants and tall and mighty elves of pointy ears and silver hair, dwarves who are medium sized but incredibly strong and linked to forging and mining (those mainly related to Norse mythology, which is exactly the imagery you're using here); but the later is the fairy one, the "non-Tolkienian elf" we may find in many myths and which fit tontattas way better.

Calling tontatta's "dwarves" is just a matter of translation; the most accurate name for them is "little people". They are way, way, way more elvish than dwarvish, hence why your theory misses the shot.

Last edited:
I don't know what's your exact point, but as I stated, tontattas don't seem to be treated as dwarves (ドワーフ) but little people (小人); the race of tontattas are literally named 小人族. The former are those dwarves we may relate to barbarian giants and tall and mighty elves of pointy ears and silver hair, dwarves who are medium sized but incredibly strong and linked to forging and mining (those mainly related to Norse mythology, which is exactly the imagery you're using here); but the later is the fairy one, the "non-Tolkenian elf" we may find in many myths and which fit tontattas way better.

Calling tontatta's "dwarves" is just a matter of translation; the most accurate name for them is "little people". They are way, way, way more elvish than dwarvish, hence why your theory misses the shot.
I see what you mean now. I misunderstood your initial post.

I don't really see why Oda would go with "Little Person" which is essentially defined as Dwarfism, if the theme he wanted to go for was Elves, and he could have just called them as such. Even on Duval's Slave list they are referred to as Dwarves.

I don't agree on this one. Dwarves in OP are not real dwarves, not even close, little fairies is indeed much more fitting to define them. I would need a race of people looking like Gimli to have the dwarf race in OP. Also King's race, lunarians 99%, should be related to skypeans and shandians due to their wings, also there you would have the reference to the moon (luna, so lunarians, in italian means moon) which is a really important topic in Oda story. If I have to say in which way Oda is building then I think this has way way more chances to happen instead of something related to races in order to introsuce elves in One piece.

I see what you mean now. I misunderstood your initial post.

I don't really see why Oda would go with "Little Person" which is essentially defined as Dwarfism, if the theme he wanted to go for was Elves, and he could have just called them as such. Even on Duval's Slave list they are referred to as Dwarves.
The issue is, as usual with such different languages, a matter of translation and what each mythical concept encompasses in a globalized world. As I explained, your post is built on the Norse imagery of dwarves (forges, mines, horned helmets, bad relationship with elves...), which was popularized by Tolkien and adopted by countless popular works —World of Warcraft, Warhammer, League of Legends... even your own Final Fantasy reference. This imagery is what Japanese mainly call ドワーフ, if I'm not mistaken since I'm no expert.

Duval's slave list mentions 小人族 (remember that it isn't in English; this may be unknown by some because most versions actually translate it, but the original is still in Japanese), which means "tribe of little people" and, as you can see, includes the word 小人 (which also names Gulliver's lilliputiens, who were an obvious inspiration behind the tontattas). This particular concept is more linked to spirits, deities and ultimately fairies that resemble people, but diminute. "Dwarf" is a valid translation, but a bit confusing because the modern concept of such figure directly takes us to Norse and Germanic folklore. Not only that, but "fairy" is associated with small winged people and "elf" with, once again, tall and beautiful individuals with pointy ears, silver hair and immortal bodies (plus the whole pack of high elves, dark elves, forest elves... and so on) that Tolkien popularized; so we lack a specific enough term. Some cultures and languages have figures that fit this concept in a more distinctive way (duende, trasgu, lutin...), but for English it's harder (gnome, pixie, fairy, elf, goblin... all have been "monopolized" and simplified; maybe "puck" works better here).

To summarize, Oda went for 小人, which literally means "little person" and we could translate into "dwarf", but not the Norse dwarf we may think of first but the puck, fairy, elf... as diminute, domestic creature that nobody can see and likes to steal things in a playful way. Since this is what tontattas clearly represent, Oda chose the concept that fit it the best.