Powers & Abilities Creativity, Willpower, and Selflessness: Why Oda is a Genius at Connecting Abilities to the Core Themes of his Story

Hey guys, this week I wanted to highlight one of my favorite aspects in One Piece: abilities & powers! Not only is this is one of the most exciting aspects of the series, but it is fundamental to the core concepts that make One Piece one of my favourite works of all time. Also, this is my first attempt at writing out a long analysis post like this so please give me feedback for what I can improve on in the future.

Part 1: Creativity, Willpower, and the Straw Hat pirates

Our protagonists, the Straw Hat pirates, are a very compelling main cast that try their hardest to make their dreams come true. While they all have their own individual skill sets, they have many similarities that one may not consider at first glance. What connects all of them together, is the power of imagination, and the willpower to rise above their limitations. This is all centered around the power of belief, which is a major theme in One Piece. From Jaya to Egghead, the question of what reality truly is, is constantly brought up. “People's dreams never end!” That's what Blackbeard said, right?

The main theme I see among the Straw Hats is that they break the mold. Look at Zoro for instance. He’s so dedicated to his dream of becoming the strongest swordsman, to the point where he decides to train his jaw to be strong enough to hold a third katana. Who would even think to do something that on paper, seems nonsensical? Or Chopper, a Reindeer who ate the human-human fruit and studies medicine. He’s the first example we see of a Zoan with more than three forms. By using his talent in medicine, he was able to develop a drug that would enhance the freedom of his devil fruit abilities. Speaking of freedom, Luffy is a character that actually creates Zoan forms out of nothing but his rubbery body and his own ingenuity. I could go through every single straw hat highlighting these themes, but I’m sure by now it’s obvious. The reason why our protagonists are able to do such things is because of their dreams. These characters have yearned for what others deem impossible, and so it's no surprise that this is carried out within their abilities.

What I would like to highlight though are Zoro and Sanji’s Enies Lobby powerups: Asura, and Diable Jambe. These are two of my favourite abilities in the series, because of how they are shrouded in mystery. Oftentimes though, the most complex questions have answers hidden in plain sight. All you have to do is just examine the message they carry.

Asura is simply a manifestation of Zoro’s conquering will to stand above all swordsmen. Kaku said it best, “he can create such visions through sheer will!!” As Zoro’s dream is combat oriented, it would make sense that his haki would bloom in such a manner. Like I said before, the Straw Hats aren’t afraid to break the mold; they make the impossible possible. As we recently saw with Shanks, I believe that there are other “more personal” applications of haki that have yet to be uncovered.

Diable Jambe and Hell’s memories by extension, are a combination of Sanji’s strong suits: his speed, and heating his legs with his passion/will. There are other characters such as Kinemon & Shanks who are also able to wield fire. What I’ve picked up on, is that those who use fire are often the most passionate characters and this element is a symbol of that (ASL trio is a good example). Besides fire, characters like Robin have tapped into abilities like Fishman Karate; the mind is power. Oda specifically had Queen ask Sanji about his powers, to highlight that such abilities don’t only come from science. Sanji’s DJ contrasts the abilities of his brothers.

Part 2: Selflessness vs. Selfishness, and How True Power is Born

While Luffy claims to not be a hero (due to not wanting to share his meat), it’s painfully obvious that he will save anyone he considers a friend. Someone once told me that we are all inherently selfish to an extent, so I’d like to think of it like a sliding spectrum. Being the strongest three of the crew, the monster trio have the most opportunities to display their selfless nature. In WCI and the Wano arcs specifically, we can see how these three men are rewarded for their actions. I also like how Oda utilized Kid & Killer as characters that contrast this. While self reliance is important, it can only get you so far. We all rely on each other; that’s how true power is born.

I'll start with Sanji, since he got the RS at the end of WCI. We saw that Sanji had the option to leave his entire family to die, when they were stuck in perospero's candy. Even though Sanji could barely stand looking at them, his selfless nature caused him to save them regardless. Since he saved them, they gave him a RS in exchange, for the future of his journey with the Straw Hats. This ends up being what allows Sanji to access the true potential of his passion flames, due to the exoskeleton transformation. Oda also chose to have Sanji save Chopper at the beginning of his fight, which is interesting. Sanji’s powerup clearly ties into Chopper’s backstory. Sanji's RS awakened his dormant lineage factor abilities but what we learned is that it's not about what you are on the outside, but it's who you are on the inside that matters. Anyone watch the Wizard of Oz? The Tin Man wished for a heart but he had one the whole time. This powerup also spites Judge, who thought that the perfect evolution of a soldier would be one devoid of emotion. The truth is that he missed the key combination: scientific advancement & our humanity. That's why Oda chose to label Sanji as “The Soldier of Science” in this arc. He rose above his brothers using exactly what he was bullied for. Germa can't upgrade their abilities the way Sanji did from Diable Jambe to Ifrit Jambe.

Next, Zoro. He was given Enma, Hiyori's blade. This was because he saved her and O-Toko from Killer (who was willing to take innocent lives for the sake of his crew). This blade was able to bring out Zoro's true potential; his conqueror's haki. Both the RS and Enma are parallels that connect Sanji and Zoro, as they were given tools due to their nature that allowed them to both discover their latent potential. We also saw Franky save Zoro during his fight. Just like with Sanji, there is a backstory tie in. Kozaburo said that swords are meant to take lives, but we learned from Zoro’s Alabasta fight that there’s more to this. Blade’s are meant to both cut and protect. Isn’t it curious that Zoro earned this blade by protecting Hiyori? This was especially highlighted in Franky’s backstory, as even though weapons are destructive in nature, what matters is how you use them. Zoro’s powerup this arc was about making the will of the sword submit to his own. By staking his life on the sword and realizing what makes him a king, Zoro was able to pass the test that Enma had given him as Oden’s successor. As Enma is the lord of the underworld, it’s no surprise that Zoro would call himself the “King of Hell.”

Finally, Luffy. This is where Kid comes in. Luffy and Kid were both placed in Udon for losing to Kaido. We see that they are similar (conquering spirits), but their time in prison shows how they are different. While Kid only lives for himself and his crew, he has no interest in helping anyone else. Luffy on the other hand, is willing to save Hyogoro because he can see that his treatment is unfair. Luffy didn't even know that he would be of use, but helped him regardless. Hyogoro ends up being a Wano legend who teaches him Ryuo. By understanding his haki flow, he was able to also reach his true potential by applying this concept to his conqueror’s haki against Kaido.

Kid and Killer had to rely on the abilities they had going into the raid. Due to this, they were outshined. Kid became strong with only his awakening, which show's his self reliance. Luffy showed him that damaging Kaido was possible with haki that surpasses his own understanding. Killer was impressed that Zoro's CoA was capable of cutting Kaido. Since Killer doesn't have as much development in this department, he had to rely on the sonic power of his scythes. Kid and Killer aren't weak by any means (and no, I’m not saying Zoro > Kid for you powerscalers), but Oda contrasted these two pirates with the main cast to demonstrate how true power is born.

Part 3: Inherited Will & Causality

There’s no denying that inherited will is a major theme in this story, as the first chapter clearly demonstrates this; the Straw Hat is a symbol of this theme. If anyone is unfamiliar with the term “causality”, it is the principle of cause and effect. People are a product of their environment/experiences, and the people within those facilitate that. In the previous part I talked about selflessness, but it’s not like the Straw Hat’s are like that solely because of themselves. Role models help to shape our identity. This is evident in the infamous bar scene in Jaya, and how it mirrors Shanks in the first chapter. Shanks and Zeff both gave a limb for Luffy and Sanji, and Zoro inherited Kuina’s sword (which is also a symbol of inherited will). Their powerups in Wano also demonstrate the theme of causality as a more scientific way of looking at “karma.” We treat others the way we want to be treated, right?

Now that Luffy is a man himself, other’s are inheriting his will just as he did with Shanks. The power that Mihawk mentioned in Marineford, the power to attract those to your cause, is demonstrating this theme on a very large scale. It’s like everyone that believes in Luffy and fights for him has inherited a little piece of him. We are all made up of these little pieces called inherited will. Now what’s interesting to me, is how Oda has also crafted abilities that put this theme into physical form, namely in Luffy’s “Red Hawk” and Law’s “R-Room: Silence”. Red Hawk symbolizes the piece of Ace’s will that Luffy now carries, as he moves forward on his own journey. An old quack once said, “people only die when they are forgotten.” Similarly with Law, Silence is a nod to the piece of Corazon that he inherited. It’s really beautiful in my opinion, especially how it demonstrates the impact we humans have on one another. It also shows us how creativity can be inspired by others, as they both used their ingenuity to apply other abilities to their own fruits. Luffy used friction and haki, and Law used his fruit to isolate sound particles.

I also believe that this theme is why Zoro will be able to surpass Mihawk in the first place. From what we know from his Vivre Card, Mihawk attained his title by challenging swordsmen around the world until there was nobody left that could give him a challenge. This lone wolf attitude was ultimately challenged in Marineford, when Mihawk was able to see the power that both Whitebeard and Luffy carry. At the start of Zoro’s journey, he said he would kill Luffy if he ever got in the way of his dream. Overtime, we see Zoro transition into a man who would die for Luffy’s dream instead as he learns that their fate is tied together no matter what. Neither of them can accomplish their dreams without each other, and that goes for the entire crew. Zoro doesn’t only carry Kuina’s will, but that of his captain. At the end of the day, it’s how heavy your swords truly are.

Part 4: Gear 5- The Culmination of it All

So far, Egghead has been great at answering some burning questions of mine. When we first found out about Luffy’s fruit being the “Hito Hito no mi: model Nika”, I was dying to know its origin. Now that we know that devil fruits are born from people’s desires, it makes so much sense when you realize what this story is really about: chasing your dreams and making the impossible possible. In the case of the Nika fruit, it was born out of people’s longing for a saviour or in other words, a liberator. What’s super clever to me, is how Oda gives the theme of freedom and liberation a physical form. Luffy can stretch as if his body were rubber, having the freedom to fight however he pleases. The people longed for someone that would free them from such a constraining world, and its solution was the power that Luffy has now inherited. Unlike other Zoan fruits, the Nika fruit is one that relies on the user to create the Zoan forms themselves with the ultimate goal of achieving awakening. What I find interesting are the drawbacks of the different gears. From Gear 2-4, they only become more and more inhibitory towards Luffy. Essentially, there is a greater toll for more power. When I examine a devil fruit user on the path towards awakening, I imagine them in a bubble. They stretch and push this bubble to its limits while creatively using their fruit. The further they stretch it though, the harder it snaps back on them. However, having the willpower to push a fruit to its very limits means eventually popping the figurative bubble. In doing so, you can creatively use your devil fruit with zero restrictions on your creativity (as long as you have the stamina to do so). I believe that the key to awakening is a combination of willpower/creativity, and embodying the wish of your devil fruit. As eastern dragons are meant to be protectors, perhaps this is why an oppressor like Kaido couldn’t achieve this power.

Gear 5 is obviously inspired by old cartoons, and specifically a style known as rubber hose animation. I love that Oda chose this style to portray Luffy’s ultimate physical freedom, as characters within these cartoons often break the reality of their world. I also found it interesting that Oda chose pure white hair and clothing as part of the design for this form. Many people may not know this, but the sun is actually perceived as white. This is due to all the colours of the rainbow being evenly distributed. As foreshadowed in Ace vs. Blackbeard, only one can prevail between the sun and darkness. We are all awaiting a new dawn.

Part 5: Blackbeard and the Titanic Captains- the Antithesis to the Themes of our Protagonists Carry

It is commonly known in the community that One Piece is a story filled with inversions to prior concepts or plot points, namely between the pre and post timeskip sections of the story. I won’t be going through them in this post as it’s already getting fairly long but if you’re curious, hit me up. Basically, you can predict the future of this series by predicting how previous aspects of the story could be inverted. “The world will be flipped on its head” is a line that has been repeated. Ever since his introduction, Blackbeard has meant to be an antithesis to Luffy.

This doesn’t just stop with him though, as all of the Titanic Captains are meant to oppose the ideals of our favourite pirate crew. Their abilities are basically cheat codes that go against creativity. Look at Burgess for example, who ate the Buff-Buff fruit. This fruit is purposely lazy because it's meant to make whoever fights against him shine. Let’s say Franky fights him. They’re both superhumans, but one has created a superhuman body through his own inventions, and one is relying on the devil fruit equivalent of steroids. Or Van Auger, a sniper who can warp anywhere just by looking, against a brave sniper who has created a type of ammo for any sticky situation? How about a doctor that can infect people with a multitude of diseases, versus a doctor who dreams to cure people of anything? This is a cast of antagonists that directly oppose creativity.

As Blackbeard is the main antagonist in this group, his opposing themes definitely run the deepest. I believe it was Morj who called Luffy the “unlikely chosen one” and it’s a very fitting title. Shanks brought the Nika fruit to windmill village perhaps to give it to Roger’s son Ace, but the fruit had other plans. How ironic that Roger’s successor is the grandson of his own marine rival, eh? Zoan fruits contain a will of their own, and it finally found its rightful user after 800 or so years. In this arc, we learned from Vegapunk that the Gum-Gum fruit has never been recorded in a single devil fruit encyclopedia since its birth. I have seen theories about the Yami-Yami no mi being a secret Zoan akin to the Nika fruit, but I disagree. While the World Government deliberately snuffed out the will of liberation, they have no qualms with the world knowing about the power of darkness.

If Blackbeard is to be a true antithesis to Luffy, he wouldn’t be chosen by his fruit. Instead of Nika choosing Luffy and darkness choosing Blackbeard, it would be that Blackbeard chose darkness. Earlier, I stated that sometimes the answers to very complex problems are hidden in plain sight. While Blackbeard believes that he is chosen, Ace plainly states the obvious.

What I’m most curious about is what gives Blackbeard this belief? He literally spent decades memorizing and hunting for a specific fruit, whereas Luffy accidentally stumbled upon his power. There is a clear contrast in the way in which they attained their abilities. Why does Blackbeard use Xebec’s name for his ship? Is he even a real D clan member? Perhaps the secret to why his body is special could give us a clue towards why he thinks the heavens have chosen him.

How deep this inversion goes could even tie into their very wills. I don’t believe that either Blackbeard or Shiryu will have conqueror’s haki, unlike Luffy and Zoro. In Wano, Zoro’s conflict with Enma came down to him having to make the blade submit to his own will. Zoro is a protector, and his blades will only cut what he wishes to. In comparison, Shiryu is a bloodthirsty killer who desires bloodshed above all else. It seems that to be the true antithesis to Zoro, he will be a swordsman that submits his own will to the will of his blade, Raiu.

Luffy is a character that has constantly gotten stronger by utilizing his own willpower. Slowly, he has been building himself into a force that cannot be stopped by anyone. In comparison, Blackbeard has been putting his stock into powerful devil fruits, such as the Gura-Gura no mi that has the power to destroy the world. We know that conqueror’s are a specific type of character; they are someone who upholds kingly ideals. This doesn’t only include kingly ambitions such as wanting to become the Pirate King, but also characters like Whitebeard who desire to lead and protect a family he can call his own. Similarly, just having a tall ambition does not denote having the spirit of a conqueror. The constant between those who wield the power of conqueror’s haki, is that they won’t betray their dream. As Blackbeard told us in his conflict with Ace, he would have given up on his dream if he couldn’t find the Yami-Yami no mi. Even if Zoro really had cut his legs off in Little Garden, or lost his arm to the Sandai Kitetsu, he would still find any possible way to achieve his goal.

Part 6: Takeaways

The most important aspect of the abilities in One Piece, is that they are based upon real world concepts, with real world applications. We all have willpower within us, and the power of imagination to achieve our goals. We all have dreams and desires, and the ability to make them come true. My interpretation of Oda’s message is that life is what you make it. We all have potential within us, but not everyone fully realizes it. The truth is you can’t get through life alone. It’s important to understand that we all take a piece of each other, and that your influence on others matters. Look at Nami and Usopp. Nami has a knack for sensing the weather, and Usopp is a creative inventor. Without Usopp, Nami would never be able to utilize weather in battle via the clima-tact. We all have a role to play, and everyone can think of at least one person who helped to shape who they are today, whether it be a parent, a teacher, a coach, a sibling, or even a peer. Everyone is connected in this life, so think about the role you want to have going forward; someday you may be the Shanks to someone’s Luffy. It’s also important to not be afraid of failure or pushing the boundaries, and that the main person that holds us back tends to be ourselves. Self-efficacy is one of the most important factors for success, so always believe in yourself!

Thanks for reading!

Tags: @Franosuke @Blexus @ConquistadoR @Indigo @Jailer @kratosś @MangoSenpai @mly90 @Shimotsuki Ghostly @Shiroyru @ThunderSupernova @Warchief Sanji D Goat @zenox @BleakAsh

Hey guys, this week I wanted to highlight one of my favorite aspects in One Piece: abilities & powers! Not only is this is one of the most exciting aspects of the series, but it is fundamental to the core concepts that make One Piece one of my favourite works of all time. Also, this is my first attempt at writing out a long analysis post like this so please give me feedback for what I can improve on in the future.

Part 1: Creativity, Willpower, and the Straw Hat pirates

Our protagonists, the Straw Hat pirates, are a very compelling main cast that try their hardest to make their dreams come true. While they all have their own individual skill sets, they have many similarities that one may not consider at first glance. What connects all of them together, is the power of imagination, and the willpower to rise above their limitations. This is all centered around the power of belief, which is a major theme in One Piece. From Jaya to Egghead, the question of what reality truly is, is constantly brought up. “People's dreams never end!” That's what Blackbeard said, right?

The main theme I see among the Straw Hats is that they break the mold. Look at Zoro for instance. He’s so dedicated to his dream of becoming the strongest swordsman, to the point where he decides to train his jaw to be strong enough to hold a third katana. Who would even think to do something that on paper, seems nonsensical? Or Chopper, a Reindeer who ate the human-human fruit and studies medicine. He’s the first example we see of a Zoan with more than three forms. By using his talent in medicine, he was able to develop a drug that would enhance the freedom of his devil fruit abilities. Speaking of freedom, Luffy is a character that actually creates Zoan forms out of nothing but his rubbery body and his own ingenuity. I could go through every single straw hat highlighting these themes, but I’m sure by now it’s obvious. The reason why our protagonists are able to do such things is because of their dreams. These characters have yearned for what others deem impossible, and so it's no surprise that this is carried out within their abilities.

What I would like to highlight though are Zoro and Sanji’s Enies Lobby powerups: Asura, and Diable Jambe. These are two of my favourite abilities in the series, because of how they are shrouded in mystery. Oftentimes though, the most complex questions have answers hidden in plain sight. All you have to do is just examine the message they carry.

Asura is simply a manifestation of Zoro’s conquering will to stand above all swordsmen. Kaku said it best, “he can create such visions through sheer will!!” As Zoro’s dream is combat oriented, it would make sense that his haki would bloom in such a manner. Like I said before, the Straw Hats aren’t afraid to break the mold; they make the impossible possible. As we recently saw with Shanks, I believe that there are other “more personal” applications of haki that have yet to be uncovered.

Diable Jambe and Hell’s memories by extension, are a combination of Sanji’s strong suits: his speed, and heating his legs with his passion/will. There are other characters such as Kinemon & Shanks who are also able to wield fire. What I’ve picked up on, is that those who use fire are often the most passionate characters and this element is a symbol of that (ASL trio is a good example). Besides fire, characters like Robin have tapped into abilities like Fishman Karate; the mind is power. Oda specifically had Queen ask Sanji about his powers, to highlight that such abilities don’t only come from science. Sanji’s DJ contrasts the abilities of his brothers.

Part 2: Selflessness vs. Selfishness, and How True Power is Born

While Luffy claims to not be a hero (due to not wanting to share his meat), it’s painfully obvious that he will save anyone he considers a friend. Someone once told me that we are all inherently selfish to an extent, so I’d like to think of it like a sliding spectrum. Being the strongest three of the crew, the monster trio have the most opportunities to display their selfless nature. In WCI and the Wano arcs specifically, we can see how these three men are rewarded for their actions. I also like how Oda utilized Kid & Killer as characters that contrast this. While self reliance is important, it can only get you so far. We all rely on each other; that’s how true power is born.

I'll start with Sanji, since he got the RS at the end of WCI. We saw that Sanji had the option to leave his entire family to die, when they were stuck in perospero's candy. Even though Sanji could barely stand looking at them, his selfless nature caused him to save them regardless. Since he saved them, they gave him a RS in exchange, for the future of his journey with the Straw Hats. This ends up being what allows Sanji to access the true potential of his passion flames, due to the exoskeleton transformation. Oda also chose to have Sanji save Chopper at the beginning of his fight, which is interesting. Sanji’s powerup clearly ties into Chopper’s backstory. Sanji's RS awakened his dormant lineage factor abilities but what we learned is that it's not about what you are on the outside, but it's who you are on the inside that matters. Anyone watch the Wizard of Oz? The Tin Man wished for a heart but he had one the whole time. This powerup also spites Judge, who thought that the perfect evolution of a soldier would be one devoid of emotion. The truth is that he missed the key combination: scientific advancement & our humanity. That's why Oda chose to label Sanji as “The Soldier of Science” in this arc. He rose above his brothers using exactly what he was bullied for. Germa can't upgrade their abilities the way Sanji did from Diable Jambe to Ifrit Jambe.

Next, Zoro. He was given Enma, Hiyori's blade. This was because he saved her and O-Toko from Killer (who was willing to take innocent lives for the sake of his crew). This blade was able to bring out Zoro's true potential; his conqueror's haki. Both the RS and Enma are parallels that connect Sanji and Zoro, as they were given tools due to their nature that allowed them to both discover their latent potential. We also saw Franky save Zoro during his fight. Just like with Sanji, there is a backstory tie in. Kozaburo said that swords are meant to take lives, but we learned from Zoro’s Alabasta fight that there’s more to this. Blade’s are meant to both cut and protect. Isn’t it curious that Zoro earned this blade by protecting Hiyori? This was especially highlighted in Franky’s backstory, as even though weapons are destructive in nature, what matters is how you use them. Zoro’s powerup this arc was about making the will of the sword submit to his own. By staking his life on the sword and realizing what makes him a king, Zoro was able to pass the test that Enma had given him as Oden’s successor. As Enma is the lord of the underworld, it’s no surprise that Zoro would call himself the “King of Hell.”

Finally, Luffy. This is where Kid comes in. Luffy and Kid were both placed in Udon for losing to Kaido. We see that they are similar (conquering spirits), but their time in prison shows how they are different. While Kid only lives for himself and his crew, he has no interest in helping anyone else. Luffy on the other hand, is willing to save Hyogoro because he can see that his treatment is unfair. Luffy didn't even know that he would be of use, but helped him regardless. Hyogoro ends up being a Wano legend who teaches him Ryuo. By understanding his haki flow, he was able to also reach his true potential by applying this concept to his conqueror’s haki against Kaido.

Kid and Killer had to rely on the abilities they had going into the raid. Due to this, they were outshined. Kid became strong with only his awakening, which show's his self reliance. Luffy showed him that damaging Kaido was possible with haki that surpasses his own understanding. Killer was impressed that Zoro's CoA was capable of cutting Kaido. Since Killer doesn't have as much development in this department, he had to rely on the sonic power of his scythes. Kid and Killer aren't weak by any means (and no, I’m not saying Zoro > Kid for you powerscalers), but Oda contrasted these two pirates with the main cast to demonstrate how true power is born.

Part 3: Inherited Will & Causality

There’s no denying that inherited will is a major theme in this story, as the first chapter clearly demonstrates this; the Straw Hat is a symbol of this theme. If anyone is unfamiliar with the term “causality”, it is the principle of cause and effect. People are a product of their environment/experiences, and the people within those facilitate that. In the previous part I talked about selflessness, but it’s not like the Straw Hat’s are like that solely because of themselves. Role models help to shape our identity. This is evident in the infamous bar scene in Jaya, and how it mirrors Shanks in the first chapter. Shanks and Zeff both gave a limb for Luffy and Sanji, and Zoro inherited Kuina’s sword (which is also a symbol of inherited will). Their powerups in Wano also demonstrate the theme of causality as a more scientific way of looking at “karma.” We treat others the way we want to be treated, right?

Now that Luffy is a man himself, other’s are inheriting his will just as he did with Shanks. The power that Mihawk mentioned in Marineford, the power to attract those to your cause, is demonstrating this theme on a very large scale. It’s like everyone that believes in Luffy and fights for him has inherited a little piece of him. We are all made up of these little pieces called inherited will. Now what’s interesting to me, is how Oda has also crafted abilities that put this theme into physical form, namely in Luffy’s “Red Hawk” and Law’s “R-Room: Silence”. Red Hawk symbolizes the piece of Ace’s will that Luffy now carries, as he moves forward on his own journey. An old quack once said, “people only die when they are forgotten.” Similarly with Law, Silence is a nod to the piece of Corazon that he inherited. It’s really beautiful in my opinion, especially how it demonstrates the impact we humans have on one another. It also shows us how creativity can be inspired by others, as they both used their ingenuity to apply other abilities to their own fruits. Luffy used friction and haki, and Law used his fruit to isolate sound particles.

I also believe that this theme is why Zoro will be able to surpass Mihawk in the first place. From what we know from his Vivre Card, Mihawk attained his title by challenging swordsmen around the world until there was nobody left that could give him a challenge. This lone wolf attitude was ultimately challenged in Marineford, when Mihawk was able to see the power that both Whitebeard and Luffy carry. At the start of Zoro’s journey, he said he would kill Luffy if he ever got in the way of his dream. Overtime, we see Zoro transition into a man who would die for Luffy’s dream instead as he learns that their fate is tied together no matter what. Neither of them can accomplish their dreams without each other, and that goes for the entire crew. Zoro doesn’t only carry Kuina’s will, but that of his captain. At the end of the day, it’s how heavy your swords truly are.

Part 4: Gear 5- The Culmination of it All

So far, Egghead has been great at answering some burning questions of mine. When we first found out about Luffy’s fruit being the “Hito Hito no mi: model Nika”, I was dying to know its origin. Now that we know that devil fruits are born from people’s desires, it makes so much sense when you realize what this story is really about: chasing your dreams and making the impossible possible. In the case of the Nika fruit, it was born out of people’s longing for a saviour or in other words, a liberator. What’s super clever to me, is how Oda gives the theme of freedom and liberation a physical form. Luffy can stretch as if his body were rubber, having the freedom to fight however he pleases. The people longed for someone that would free them from such a constraining world, and its solution was the power that Luffy has now inherited. Unlike other Zoan fruits, the Nika fruit is one that relies on the user to create the Zoan forms themselves with the ultimate goal of achieving awakening. What I find interesting are the drawbacks of the different gears. From Gear 2-4, they only become more and more inhibitory towards Luffy. Essentially, there is a greater toll for more power. When I examine a devil fruit user on the path towards awakening, I imagine them in a bubble. They stretch and push this bubble to its limits while creatively using their fruit. The further they stretch it though, the harder it snaps back on them. However, having the willpower to push a fruit to its very limits means eventually popping the figurative bubble. In doing so, you can creatively use your devil fruit with zero restrictions on your creativity (as long as you have the stamina to do so). I believe that the key to awakening is a combination of willpower/creativity, and embodying the wish of your devil fruit. As eastern dragons are meant to be protectors, perhaps this is why an oppressor like Kaido couldn’t achieve this power.

Gear 5 is obviously inspired by old cartoons, and specifically a style known as rubber hose animation. I love that Oda chose this style to portray Luffy’s ultimate physical freedom, as characters within these cartoons often break the reality of their world. I also found it interesting that Oda chose pure white hair and clothing as part of the design for this form. Many people may not know this, but the sun is actually perceived as white. This is due to all the colours of the rainbow being evenly distributed. As foreshadowed in Ace vs. Blackbeard, only one can prevail between the sun and darkness. We are all awaiting a new dawn.

Part 5: Blackbeard and the Titanic Captains- the Antithesis to the Themes of our Protagonists Carry

It is commonly known in the community that One Piece is a story filled with inversions to prior concepts or plot points, namely between the pre and post timeskip sections of the story. I won’t be going through them in this post as it’s already getting fairly long but if you’re curious, hit me up. Basically, you can predict the future of this series by predicting how previous aspects of the story could be inverted. “The world will be flipped on its head” is a line that has been repeated. Ever since his introduction, Blackbeard has meant to be an antithesis to Luffy.

This doesn’t just stop with him though, as all of the Titanic Captains are meant to oppose the ideals of our favourite pirate crew. Their abilities are basically cheat codes that go against creativity. Look at Burgess for example, who ate the Buff-Buff fruit. This fruit is purposely lazy because it's meant to make whoever fights against him shine. Let’s say Franky fights him. They’re both superhumans, but one has created a superhuman body through his own inventions, and one is relying on the devil fruit equivalent of steroids. Or Van Auger, a sniper who can warp anywhere just by looking, against a brave sniper who has created a type of ammo for any sticky situation? How about a doctor that can infect people with a multitude of diseases, versus a doctor who dreams to cure people of anything? This is a cast of antagonists that directly oppose creativity.

As Blackbeard is the main antagonist in this group, his opposing themes definitely run the deepest. I believe it was Morj who called Luffy the “unlikely chosen one” and it’s a very fitting title. Shanks brought the Nika fruit to windmill village perhaps to give it to Roger’s son Ace, but the fruit had other plans. How ironic that Roger’s successor is the grandson of his own marine rival, eh? Zoan fruits contain a will of their own, and it finally found its rightful user after 800 or so years. In this arc, we learned from Vegapunk that the Gum-Gum fruit has never been recorded in a single devil fruit encyclopedia since its birth. I have seen theories about the Yami-Yami no mi being a secret Zoan akin to the Nika fruit, but I disagree. While the World Government deliberately snuffed out the will of liberation, they have no qualms with the world knowing about the power of darkness.

If Blackbeard is to be a true antithesis to Luffy, he wouldn’t be chosen by his fruit. Instead of Nika choosing Luffy and darkness choosing Blackbeard, it would be that Blackbeard chose darkness. Earlier, I stated that sometimes the answers to very complex problems are hidden in plain sight. While Blackbeard believes that he is chosen, Ace plainly states the obvious.

What I’m most curious about is what gives Blackbeard this belief? He literally spent decades memorizing and hunting for a specific fruit, whereas Luffy accidentally stumbled upon his power. There is a clear contrast in the way in which they attained their abilities. Why does Blackbeard use Xebec’s name for his ship? Is he even a real D clan member? Perhaps the secret to why his body is special could give us a clue towards why he thinks the heavens have chosen him.

How deep this inversion goes could even tie into their very wills. I don’t believe that either Blackbeard or Shiryu will have conqueror’s haki, unlike Luffy and Zoro. In Wano, Zoro’s conflict with Enma came down to him having to make the blade submit to his own will. Zoro is a protector, and his blades will only cut what he wishes to. In comparison, Shiryu is a bloodthirsty killer who desires bloodshed above all else. It seems that to be the true antithesis to Zoro, he will be a swordsman that submits his own will to the will of his blade, Raiu.

Luffy is a character that has constantly gotten stronger by utilizing his own willpower. Slowly, he has been building himself into a force that cannot be stopped by anyone. In comparison, Blackbeard has been putting his stock into powerful devil fruits, such as the Gura-Gura no mi that has the power to destroy the world. We know that conqueror’s are a specific type of character; they are someone who upholds kingly ideals. This doesn’t only include kingly ambitions such as wanting to become the Pirate King, but also characters like Whitebeard who desire to lead and protect a family he can call his own. Similarly, just having a tall ambition does not denote having the spirit of a conqueror. The constant between those who wield the power of conqueror’s haki, is that they won’t betray their dream. As Blackbeard told us in his conflict with Ace, he would have given up on his dream if he couldn’t find the Yami-Yami no mi. Even if Zoro really had cut his legs off in Little Garden, or lost his arm to the Sandai Kitetsu, he would still find any possible way to achieve his goal.

Part 6: Takeaways

The most important aspect of the abilities in One Piece, is that they are based upon real world concepts, with real world applications. We all have willpower within us, and the power of imagination to achieve our goals. We all have dreams and desires, and the ability to make them come true. My interpretation of Oda’s message is that life is what you make it. We all have potential within us, but not everyone fully realizes it. The truth is you can’t get through life alone. It’s important to understand that we all take a piece of each other, and that your influence on others matters. Look at Nami and Usopp. Nami has a knack for sensing the weather, and Usopp is a creative inventor. Without Usopp, Nami would never be able to utilize weather in battle via the clima-tact. We all have a role to play, and everyone can think of at least one person who helped to shape who they are today, whether it be a parent, a teacher, a coach, a sibling, or even a peer. Everyone is connected in this life, so think about the role you want to have going forward; someday you may be the Shanks to someone’s Luffy. It’s also important to not be afraid of failure or pushing the boundaries, and that the main person that holds us back tends to be ourselves. Self-efficacy is one of the most important factors for success, so always believe in yourself!

Thanks for reading!

Tags: @Franosuke @Blexus @ConquistadoR @Indigo @Jailer @kratosś @MangoSenpai @mly90 @Shimotsuki Ghostly @Shiroyru @ThunderSupernova @Warchief Sanji D Goat @zenox @BleakAsh
This is perhaps the best bit of writing I have seen here at WG and perphas the best OP related thing for a long ass time. I really commend you for creating this. Sadly there's no way to repay you other than support you virtually. A very very very wonderful work, mate.

Well-written post. Providing insight about the series while respecting Oda's plans and Straw Hat Pirates characters.

One thing to note, Zoro and Sanji's powerups are also focused on their persona.

- Sanji went through emotional struggle, while Zoro went through physical struggle in getting RS & Enma.
- Sanji's PU is focused on defense, something he did very often by saving the other nakama, while Zoro's PU is focused on offense, making a way for his Captain & eliminating threats.

Last edited:
This is perhaps the best bit of writing I have seen here at WG and perphas the best OP related thing for a long ass time. I really commend you for creating this. Sadly there's no way to repay you other than support you virtually. A very very very wonderful work, mate.
Blexus told me u were cooking something good and he was right .
Goated thread
:cheers:
This is the very case when the long post on Worstgen was interesting to read. A breath of fresh air between disputes over Zoro, Sanji, balance of power, yonko and so on. Worthy of respect :cheers:
Well-written post. Providing insight about the series while respecting Oda's plans and Straw Hat Pirates characters.

One thing to note, Zoro and Sanji's powerups are also focused on their persona.

- Sanji went through emotional struggle, while Zoro went through physical struggle in getting RS & Enma.
- Sanji's PU is focused on defense, something he did very often by saving the other nakama, while Zoro's PU is focused on offense, making a way for his Captain & eliminating threats.
Thanks guys, I appreciate that you took the time to read it. Honestly, I was worried that it was so long that nobody was gonna bother hahaha.

@Salah WG I was wondering if you would also like to check out this thread, as you seem to have many unique ideas about the future of One Piece.
This was a really great read, i enjoyed all of it, tbh i'm glad that there are still Readers who see this Story beyond just it's Action & realize how it's core themes are what shape most of it's moments, well done, keep it up

I also wanna add that the Mega Analysis i'm making was indeed inspired by how Oda creates Parallels & how Powers are linked to Core Themes of the Story, i could say that the most mind blowing thing i'v discovered so far is that "Entirety" of this Story with all of it's content & arcs are like a Coin where every idea solely exists to complete another one (This is main reason Oda is known for stretching his Story, cuz whenever he draws a new scene, he must find a way to make it fit into his Coin Parallel which requires adding more scenes)

Just to give you some wild crazy hint, do you know that Onigashima Raid spoils entire OP Lore?
Or that Buggy simply shooting Luffy with his Canon in First Volume spoils that he is from Lodester Island?
Or that Garp being a Marine spoils Blackbeard's entire Plan & purpose of his DF?

Ideas that seem completely unrelated & impossible for anyone to tie between them
But once you discover the Blueprint of Story's Parallels, everything falls like Dominoes
And the Key has always been "Haki", this is why Oda never fully explained it like other Shonen do with their Power Systems
As understanding Haki can spoil every single Mystery in OP ever teased

Haki being called Mantra by Sky People or Ryou by Wano isn't just a random addition to their cultures
Black Blades existing when people can simply swap their weapons for a better Meito isn't just a random idea
People being born with CoC that enforces their Will on others, just like DF Users lose their Will under the Sea isn't a random similarity

This is why i love that you pointed out how Oda connects the Powers he creates with Story Themes
For example the Red Hawk you mentioned is indeed meant to represent Inherited Will but what's even more interesting is that Red Hawk is basically Jet Pistole upgraded by Haki, so what i said above does match with your Analysis, as Haki is clearly what Oda used to portray Luffy's Inherited Will

I also wanna add that Luffy/BB isn't just about Sun vs Darkness, it's not about their Fight or Rivalry, Oda directly made BB give us the answer straight away & told us that his Darkness beats Light, so there is no Rivalry here, BB should be the higher danger, so why did Oda then made them look like fated opponents?

Just take a look at Kid & Luffy Rivalry, they compete on the same goals, that's what being truly competitive means, but in BB's Case, it was more about showcasing how they are opposites, & then he revealed that BB is the Darkness that consumes Light

In other words, BB represents Luffy's Failure!!
And we've seen this before in SBS when Oda was asked to draw Older Straw Hats
Why did he draw Two Timelines? And then in Manga when Bonney used her Powers, Oda hinted that Luffy is currently in the Bad Timeline

It's because this version of the Story is Blackbeard's, not Luffy's
Think that Luffy isn't actually the MC, he is the Villain, while BB is the MC of this Version of the Story
However by Villain i don't mean that Luffy is Bad, what i mean is that he is the Transgressor here in BB's Story, not vice versa
So basically what everyone thinks is a Story of Luffy & BB competing to the End is actually a Story of a Crew + Allies helping Luffy exit his Bad Ending by getting out of the Darkness that is BB (Luffy is literally The Dawn)

And the answer was given to us recently when we learned that BB never Sleeps
Yet he is the one Oda chose to say the famous line "People's Dreams Never End"
Oda chose the guy who never Sleeps, meaning he never Dreams! to say the most famous line about Dreams
And that was during his Introduction

Oda loves to surpass Reader's Expectation by tricking them
Let me tell you best example, Big Mom was Introduced during Fishmen Island Arc
If you recall, during her Introduction, Oda tried to highlight her Large Mouth & Saliva, what did he do next? He made her eat some of her Subordinates!! or that's what we thought at first

But later they turned out to be just Homies, so Oda tricked us into thinking Big Mom is a Cannibal
He then re-introduced her fully as a completely different Character than we expected
However later during WCI Arc, Oda shocked everyone when he showed us that Big Mom indeed committed "Cannibalism" !!!
You could say that her entire Powers were just so that Oda can draw this Story, it's what gave identity to all of WCI Arc & it's Themes

So when we return to Blackbeard, his Introduction tells us that he is Luffy's Opposite & Arch-Nemesis
And then it ends with him saying that Famous Dreams Line (Right after he was the only one who believed Skypiea Exists & encouraged them for it), what's the implication here? BB is a "Dreamer" or strongly supports it, just like SHs (As you well explained here)

But then, that expectation is completely turned upside down (Which is another line you used very well) & BB turned out to be ruiner of Dreams as he his Crimes start to get worse & worse, he turned out to be no different than other Villains we had before who completely destroy the Dreams of others for their own selfishness (Another concept u beautifully explained too)

However, just like Big Mom, at the end of Story, Oda will flip our view on Blackbeard once again where it will be shown that his Introduction was actually a Major Foreshadowing (Just like BM pretending to be Cannibal)

PS: I want to say that this is very smart trick, as Oda basically inserts an idea in your head & then make you think it's wrong, this way you won't think about it again as it's already in your head, so most Theorists will be trying to discover the truth in the wrong paths when it was already given to them from very start (It's like missing the obvious & i believe recent Movie of Glass Onion really portrayed this idea very well)

So overall, Blackbeard at the end will turn out to be indeed just like Luffy, someone who supports Dreams of others (But simply he has a different taste, just like the Pie they ate in Jaya, which is an Analogy for Timelines/Reality/Imagination)

However, Big Mom didn't turn out to be always a Cannibal, it's just that she did it "Once"
Meaning that BB's Secret is that he "Once" fulfilled people's Dreams (Just like Luffy does every Arc)
But whose Dreams did he fulfill? Well, that's why we have that Famous Panel

"People's Dreams never End", Blackbeard is fulfilling the Dreams of everyone!! However since he has a twisted taste (This is related to another Secret), his Secret ended up creating the Bad Version of what the World could be thanks to People's Dreams, in other words "A Nightmare"!!
And now you understand why Luffy is Light & BB is the Darkness trapping it, as BB already won from the very beginning

I mean think about it, Zoro's Dream is to defeat someone who already fulfilled his Goal for example
So doesn't it make sense that Luffy is fighting against someone who already fulfilled Luffy's Purpose? Which is to let people fulfill their Dreams

However, Luffy doesn't let Villains fulfill their own, why? It's cuz they come at the cost of others
This means that BB's Version of Story is allowing such thing, certain People's Dreams are being Sacrificed so that others can succeed!
Which is another reason why Oda made Darkness DF counters DFs, cuz as Vega explained, they are Manifestation of People's Dreams & Wishes, it's as if Oda is telling us that these Devils were created by sacrificing people's Dreams so that others can have Reality Wrapping Abilities which they can use to fulfill their own

Blackbeard never sleeping is proof that this Reality they are living in is different, cuz he is already in his own Dream, that's why he doesn't sleep, anyway i have much much more to explain (With real Proof, rather than just thought-provoking arguments), but i just wanted to give you this small example to show that i truly like how you connected between Abilities & Story Themes, as they indeed define the entire Story & what Oda wants to draw

Sorry for long read lol but i think your thread deserved an equally long appreciation reply xD

This was a really great read, i enjoyed all of it, tbh i'm glad that there are still Readers who see this Story beyond just it's Action & realize how it's core themes are what shape most of it's moments, well done, keep it up

I also wanna add that the Mega Analysis i'm making was indeed inspired by how Oda creates Parallels & how Powers are linked to Core Themes of the Story, i could say that the most mind blowing thing i'v discovered so far is that "Entirety" of this Story with all of it's content & arcs are like a Coin where every idea solely exists to complete another one (This is main reason Oda is known for stretching his Story, cuz whenever he draws a new scene, he must find a way to make it fit into his Coin Parallel which requires adding more scenes)

Just to give you some wild crazy hint, do you know that Onigashima Raid spoils entire OP Lore?
Or that Buggy simply shooting Luffy with his Canon in First Volume spoils that he is from Lodester Island?
Or that Garp being a Marine spoils Blackbeard's entire Plan & purpose of his DF?

Ideas that seem completely unrelated & impossible for anyone to tie between them
But once you discover the Blueprint of Story's Parallels, everything falls like Dominoes
And the Key has always been "Haki", this is why Oda never fully explained it like other Shonen do with their Power Systems
As understanding Haki can spoil every single Mystery in OP ever teased

Haki being called Mantra by Sky People or Ryou by Wano isn't just a random addition to their cultures
Black Blades existing when people can simply swap their weapons for a better Meito isn't just a random idea
People being born with CoC that enforces their Will on others, just like DF Users lose their Will under the Sea isn't a random similarity

This is why i love that you pointed out how Oda connects the Powers he creates with Story Themes
For example the Red Hawk you mentioned is indeed meant to represent Inherited Will but what's even more interesting is that Red Hawk is basically Jet Pistole upgraded by Haki, so what i said above does match with your Analysis, as Haki is clearly what Oda used to portray Luffy's Inherited Will

I also wanna add that Luffy/BB isn't just about Sun vs Darkness, it's not about their Fight or Rivalry, Oda directly made BB give us the answer straight away & told us that his Darkness beats Light, so there is no Rivalry here, BB should be the higher danger, so why did Oda then made them look like fated opponents?

Just take a look at Kid & Luffy Rivalry, they compete on the same goals, that's what being truly competitive means, but in BB's Case, it was more about showcasing how they are opposites, & then he revealed that BB is the Darkness that consumes Light

In other words, BB represents Luffy's Failure!!
And we've seen this before in SBS when Oda was asked to draw Older Straw Hats
Why did he draw Two Timelines? And then in Manga when Bonney used her Powers, Oda hinted that Luffy is currently in the Bad Timeline

It's because this version of the Story is Blackbeard's, not Luffy's
Think that Luffy isn't actually the MC, he is the Villain, while BB is the MC of this Version of the Story
However by Villain i don't mean that Luffy is Bad, what i mean is that he is the Transgressor here in BB's Story, not vice versa
So basically what everyone thinks is a Story of Luffy & BB competing to the End is actually a Story of a Crew + Allies helping Luffy exit his Bad Ending by getting out of the Darkness that is BB (Luffy is literally The Dawn)

And the answer was given to us recently when we learned that BB never Sleeps
Yet he is the one Oda chose to say the famous line "People's Dreams Never End"
Oda chose the guy who never Sleeps, meaning he never Dreams! to say the most famous line about Dreams
And that was during his Introduction

Oda loves to surpass Reader's Expectation by tricking them
Let me tell you best example, Big Mom was Introduced during Fishmen Island Arc
If you recall, during her Introduction, Oda tried to highlight her Large Mouth & Saliva, what did he do next? He made her eat some of her Subordinates!! or that's what we thought at first

But later they turned out to be just Homies, so Oda tricked us into thinking Big Mom is a Cannibal
He then re-introduced her fully as a completely different Character than we expected
However later during WCI Arc, Oda shocked everyone when he showed us that Big Mom indeed committed "Cannibalism" !!!
You could say that her entire Powers were just so that Oda can draw this Story, it's what gave identity to all of WCI Arc & it's Themes

So when we return to Blackbeard, his Introduction tells us that he is Luffy's Opposite & Arch-Nemesis
And then it ends with him saying that Famous Dreams Line (Right after he was the only one who believed Skypiea Exists & encouraged them for it), what's the implication here? BB is a "Dreamer" or strongly supports it, just like SHs (As you well explained here)

But then, that expectation is completely turned upside down (Which is another line you used very well) & BB turned out to be ruiner of Dreams as he his Crimes start to get worse & worse, he turned out to be no different than other Villains we had before who completely destroy the Dreams of others for their own selfishness (Another concept u beautifully explained too)

However, just like Big Mom, at the end of Story, Oda will flip our view on Blackbeard once again where it will be shown that his Introduction was actually a Major Foreshadowing (Just like BM pretending to be Cannibal)

PS: I want to say that this is very smart trick, as Oda basically inserts an idea in your head & then make you think it's wrong, this way you won't think about it again as it's already in your head, so most Theorists will be trying to discover the truth in the wrong paths when it was already given to them from very start (It's like missing the obvious & i believe recent Movie of Glass Onion really portrayed this idea very well)

So overall, Blackbeard at the end will turn out to be indeed just like Luffy, someone who supports Dreams of others (But simply he has a different taste, just like the Pie they ate in Jaya, which is an Analogy for Timelines/Reality/Imagination)

However, Big Mom didn't turn out to be always a Cannibal, it's just that she did it "Once"
Meaning that BB's Secret is that he "Once" fulfilled people's Dreams (Just like Luffy does every Arc)
But whose Dreams did he fulfill? Well, that's why we have that Famous Panel

"People's Dreams never End", Blackbeard is fulfilling the Dreams of everyone!! However since he has a twisted taste (This is related to another Secret), his Secret ended up creating the Bad Version of what the World could be thanks to People's Dreams, in other words "A Nightmare"!!
And now you understand why Luffy is Light & BB is the Darkness trapping it, as BB already won from the very beginning

I mean think about it, Zoro's Dream is to defeat someone who already fulfilled his Goal for example
So doesn't it make sense that Luffy is fighting against someone who already fulfilled Luffy's Purpose? Which is to let people fulfill their Dreams

However, Luffy doesn't let Villains fulfill their own, why? It's cuz they come at the cost of others
This means that BB's Version of Story is allowing such thing, certain People's Dreams are being Sacrificed so that others can succeed!
Which is another reason why Oda made Darkness DF counters DFs, cuz as Vega explained, they are Manifestation of People's Dreams & Wishes, it's as if Oda is telling us that these Devils were created by sacrificing people's Dreams so that others can have Reality Wrapping Abilities which they can use to fulfill their own

Blackbeard never sleeping is proof that this Reality they are living in is different, cuz he is already in his own Dream, that's why he doesn't sleep, anyway i have much much more to explain (With real Proof, rather than just thought-provoking arguments), but i just wanted to give you this small example to show that i truly like how you connected between Abilities & Story Themes, as they indeed define the entire Story & what Oda wants to draw

Sorry for long read lol but i think your thread deserved an equally long appreciation reply xD
Thanks for the long reply; It's always nice to see the connections that others are able to make within this story. I like the coin analogy you mentioned, and that's exactly what I mean about looking for inversions of previous plot points. Oda's been dropping clues for us, and you can reverse engineer the plot of the story to make interesting predictions about the future. It's funny that you mentioned the new Knives Out movie, because that is exactly what gave me inspiration to write the section about Ace and Blackbeard, as well as what I said about Asura and Diable Jambe. The answers are staring us right in the face!

I'm super excited for what Blackbeard will bring to the story, whether the things I mentioned about him are right or not. As well, I'm looking forward to what you have to say in your mega analysis, so please tag me when you post it. :lumazed:

Thanks for the long reply; It's always nice to see the connections that others are able to make within this story. I like the coin analogy you mentioned, and that's exactly what I mean about looking for inversions of previous plot points. Oda's been dropping clues for us, and you can reverse engineer the plot of the story to make interesting predictions about the future. It's funny that you mentioned the new Knives Out movie, because that is exactly what gave me inspiration to write the section about Ace and Blackbeard, as well as what I said about Asura and Diable Jambe. The answers are staring us right in the face!

I'm super excited for what Blackbeard will bring to the story, whether the things I mentioned about him are right or not. As well, I'm looking forward to what you have to say in your mega analysis, so please tag me when you post it. :lumazed:
I'm really glad we are on the same boat here, thanks
I could say that most Characters who made it or will soon to Final Arc are gonna have a very big role
I'm also very excited for a lot of Characters who will play major role in Final Arc
I will definitely tag you, and tbh my Analysis will include both Answers to every Mystery but also certain Discoveries that will showcase new methods that help find every detail about any character, island, chapter or plot, and this method can be applied by anyone so we can all cooperate to completely find every detail possible (Oda will go mad lol)

Another interesting comparison between Luffy and Kid, is how they respond to those who laugh at their dream. In Jaya, we see how Luffy inherited Shanks' will and won't waste effort on a fool. In comparison, Kid kills anyone who dares to laugh at his dream of finding the One Piece. Oda is very good at crafting a world in which varied perspectives are displayed, although the messaging is obvious. :optimistic: