Powers & Abilities Debunking Literally Every Argument Against Ryokugyu’s Black Blade

Does Ryokugyu Have A Black Blade?

• Total voters
Yeah, because, as I said, the other two semi-serious attacks were warded off, so we didn't see the environmental damage. And for the first one we kind of see that nevertheless and was still enormous.
Also, Morley being a vet level seems quite absurd to me, and he has a fruit that permits him to flee under the stone.

So, under these conditions, not wanting to use even more powerful moves in a city named "Holy City" and full of CDs seems absolutely sound to me.

But we will see.
He also missed here in case you missed. And no city cutting damage.

He also missed here in case you missed. And no city cutting damage.

Yeah, he has some low Power cutting techniques, but one thing is trying to cut pre-TS Luffy, and another is trying to KO and YC level fighter.

That moves were so weak/slow that even pre-TS Luffy evaded them.

But putting all aside, I hope to see Ryokugyu's human form in the next chapters, and by doing so have finally an answer.

Yeah, he has some low Power cutting techniques, but one thing is trying to cut pre-TS Luffy, and another is trying to KO and YC level fighter.

That moves were so weak/slow that even pre-TS Luffy evaded them.

But putting all aside, I hope to see Ryokugyu's human form in the next chapters, and by doing so have finally an answer.
Now it feels like you pulling excuses out of nowhere. Any proof that this is a slower attack? Didn't Luffy dodge the Iceberg cutting attack too?

It's funny knowing that some people think this way which means they probably think Mihawk can't defeat Morley with the same situation. LOL

Now it feels like you pulling excuses out of nowhere. Any proof that this is a slower attack? Didn't Luffy dodge the Iceberg cutting attack too?
Yeah, and you can clearly see the damage difference of the two. 2 miss and did nothing, the third miss...and does that.

It's funny knowing that some people think this way which means they probably think Mihawk can't defeat Morley with the same situation. LOL
Obviously, Mihawk can, he would not mind at the DC or the Holy City.

We have already seen, with Luffy, the kind of damage that his fight would bring.

Also, Mihawk postponed a fight with a YC-level Vista when was at full strength, so I have no idea why against another YC and while being nerfed (in hypothesis) he should just oneshot him in a second without problems lol.

Yeah, and you can clearly see the damage difference of the two. 2 miss and did nothing, the third miss...and does that.
What I was asking how do you know it is slower? Faster doesn't mean more damage. G3 has bigger damage compared to G2 yet we all know G2 is faster.
Obviously, Mihawk can, he would not mind at the DC or the Holy City.
Read my post again. I said same situation. Meaning he won't use high AoE or damage Marijois or hurt CD.
We have already seen, with Luffy, the kind of damage that his fight would bring.
Yeah some big damage some small ones LOL. Its like you ignore the part where he did small AoE attack. LOL

Literally you right now.
Small AoE :gonope:
Big AoE:goyea:

Also, Mihawk postponed a fight with a YC-level Vista when was at full strength, so I have no idea why against another YC and while being nerfed (in hypothesis) he should just oneshot him in a second without problems lol.
Mihawk has nothing to gain from beating Vista while GB has no liberty to fool around.

Agree to disagree. I am getting tired of this thing. Its like talking to a wall right now. I am 100% sure he doesn't black blade since he didn't use it. Heck he also probably doesn't have ACoC or ACoA. Him and Fuji.

Last edited:
Agree to disagree. I am getting tired of this thing. Its like talking to a wall right now. I am 100% sure he doesn't black blade since he didn't use it. Heck he also probably doesn't have ACoC or ACoA. Him and Fuji.
Yeah, me too. It's like the fourth time I answer your questions and you keep responding the same things. There is no dialogue, just reposting, but because we see things differently.

But never mind, we will see in time if the has it or not. Hopefully in the next chapter, or at least chapters.

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Is this really official? If it is, I'm surprised he has green hair. All the other admirals(who are also based off actors) have black hair.
It’s a company who works with SJ, there’s technically no such thing as an official figurine. Lol

But the fact that these figurine companies work with SJ and colored him this way is a strong indicator that this will be his official color scheme.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
This is a topic that is infinitely interesting to me. I won’t lie, about 70% of Aramaki’s badass factor for me comes from the fact that he is a casual black blade weilder. If I were to find out that this was untrue, my opinion of Ryokugyu’s power level would probably drop by about 30% lol.

But thankfully the more and more we learn about this series, the more it appears that Ryokugyu is actually a black blade user. So I wanted to specifically address two argument I had made in the OP that I think have aged extremely well, and I wanted to do so publicly for anyone who wants to contribute:

“Ryokugyu is an Awakened Logia, there’s no way he’s also a black blade user”
So in this argument, I explained why Ryokugyu could easily be both an awakened logia and black blade user, and in this argument I said this:

So, Awakening only takes about a decade, maybe a little longer as Luffy and Law have shown us. Roughly 12 years in total.
Which at the time was a reasonable assumption.

However, with the benefit of hindsight, we now know that it is possible to achieve awakening much, much, much faster than a decade:

As Kaku not only achieved awakening in two years, but he also achieved advanced Zoan awakening by not losing his mind in his awakened form.

This just further adds to the idea that Ryokugyu has had more than enough time to both awaken and to achieve a black blade.

Now another argument I addressed in the OP is this:

“Mihawk’s bounty is 3.6 billion. If Kuzan does not have a bounty similar to 3.6 billion, this is confirmation that Ryokugyu doesn’t have a black blade, since the Government would give Kuzan a comparable bounty to Mihawk if Ryokugyu had a black blade”
Now I always thought this argument was too doo butter, but we can now bypass Kuzan since we now have a direct bounty for Ryokugyu at 3 billion.

Now, let’s assume 3 billion for Admirals is an accurate bounty and that Cross Guild has the ability to pay bounties the same way Marines do, which I don’t believe but let’s assume it anyway.

I think in the grand scheme of things, 3 billion would easily qualify as a close enough bounty to Mihawk to say this argument bites the dust as well. I mean, back when @ShishioIsBack made this argument, we were thinking the Admirals may not even have 2 billion bounties lol, let alone 3 billion. Ryokugyu’s bounty is literally closer to Mihawk’s bounty than Mihawk’s bounty is to Big Mom’s. I would say even this relatively low Cross Guild bounty is surely enough to dismiss the Admirals not having comparable bounties to Mihawk.

Kuzan’s bounty will ultimately probably shed the most light on Admiral bounties but anyway. That’s all for now.

@SakazOuki @MarineHQ @Kurozumi Wiwi @The White Crane @Wuuuke @silverfire @scoobie3 @AkainuTheGrimReaper @Apollo @Admiral Mou Bu @ZenZu @Extravlad @kurwa @EmperorKinyagi @Blackbeard @Owl Ki @TheKnightOfTheSea @God Buggy @Sentinel @Playa4321 @Veku

This is a topic that is infinitely interesting me. I won’t lie, about 70% of Aramaki’s badass factor for me comes from the fact that he is a casual black blade weilder. If I were to find out that this was untrue, my opinion of Ryokugyu’s power level would probably drop by about 30% lol.

But thankfully the more and more we learn about this series, the more it appears that Ryokugyu is actually a black blade user. So I wanted to specifically address two argument I had made in the OP that I think have aged extremely well, and I wanted to do so publicly for anyone who wants to contribute:

So in this argument, I explained why Ryokugyu could easily be both an awakened logia and black blade user, and in this argument I said this:

Which at the time was a reasonable assumption.

However, with the benefit of hindsight, we now know that it is possible to achieve awakening much, much, much faster than a decade:

As Kaku not only achieved awakening in two years, but he also achieved advanced Zoan awakening by not losing his mind in his awakened form.

This just further adds to the idea that Ryokugyu has had more than enough time to both awaken and to achieve a black blade.

Now another argument I addressed in the OP is this:

Now I always thought this argument was too doo butter, but we can now bypass Kuzan since we now have a direct bounty for Ryokugyu at 3 billion.

Now, let’s assume 3 billion for Admirals is an accurate bounty and that Cross Guild has the ability to pay bounties the same way Marines do, which I don’t believe but let’s assume it anyway.

I think in the grand scheme of things, 3 billion would easily qualify as a close enough bounty to Mihawk to say this argument bites the dust as well. I mean, back when @ShishioIsBack made this argument, we were thinking the Admirals may not even have 2 billion bounties lol, let alone 3 billion. Ryokugyu’s bounty is literally closer to Mihawk’s bounty than Mihawk’s bounty is to Big Mom’s. I would say even this relatively low Cross Guild bounty is surely enough to dismiss the Admirals not having comparable bounties to Mihawk.

Kuzan’s bounty will ultimately probably shed the most light on Admiral bounties but anyway. That’s all for now.

@SakazOuki @MarineHQ @Kurozumi Wiwi @The White Crane @Wuuuke @silverfire @scoobie3 @AkainuTheGrimReaper @Apollo @Admiral Mou Bu @ZenZu @Extravlad @kurwa @EmperorKinyagi @Blackbeard @Owl Ki @TheKnightOfTheSea @God Buggy @Sentinel @Playa4321 @Veku
Tbf, Mihawk has no crew or affiliation with drug lords like Caesar or Yonkos like Kaidou (like his fellow former Warlord Doffy did), his bounty is purely off reputation and strength.
That's why it's only 3.5B despite him being above Shanks.
As for the Admirals, I'm guessing they have 3B due to being able to command all the lower forces of Marines, plus their strength ofc.
It'd make sense, I kind of figured they could push Mihawk to high diff, and I'd especially like it if Issho fought Mihawk, but knowing Oda I doubt that'd happen because Issho is basically a protagonist and he wouldn't have him be defeated by another protagonist like that.
Still it'd be a pretty thematic fight and Issho would have to pay a price for inspiring the SSG (brainwashed child soldiers, which is pretty damn evil), so maybe it could happen

Yeah, I have always said that for me was a Black Blade until proven otherwise; the similarities are stunning. However, Oda refused to clarify the thing in any way possible, and Ryokugyu appeared two or three times since that scene.
I didn't think it would come to this, but the anime is probably going to clarify that for us, in some way.

But I think this...reticence is studied. Oda wants to keep the Black blade revelation for last because that is how he is going to hype up Ryokugyu when we will have already seen Rogia awakening and maybe another level of Haoshoku.

Last edited: