Powers & Abilities Devil Fruits Explained: Natural Law Breakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Worstgen theory community,

I would like to give my explanation of how Devil Fruits work. I consider it rather comprehensive, but it can be further explored by examining the unscientific properties as well as the scientific properties. I will begin by explaining the scientific properties.

There are two properties of matter which all substance are distinguished by and they are Physical Properties and Chemical Properties. However, in addition to those two properties I add a third grouping -- Biological Properties -- which distinguishes the living things from the non-living things among those things the Physical and Chemical Properties comprise. In other words, these are the properties considered of All Things.

Before going further, I would like it to be noted that I believe the Voice of All Things is involved in the process of creating Devil Fruits and would therefore determine each Devil Fruit ability as being a Voice of a Thing instead. For example, the Gum-Gum Fruit grants the user the Voice of Gum or the Split-Split Fruit grants the user the Voice of Splitting or the Jacket-Jacket Fruit grants the user the Voice of a Jacket.

The Properties of All Things, and the Properties of Devil Fruit abilities, are as follows:
1. Physical Properties = Paramecia abilities.
- Luffy gained the physical properties of gum, Buggy gained the physical properties of splitting, Bartholomew Kuma gained the physical properties of paws.
2. Biological Properties = Zoan abilities.
- Kaido gained the biological properties of a Dragon, Rob Lucci gained the biological properties of a Leopard, Funkfreed gained the biological properties of an elephant.
3. Chemical Properties = Logia abilities.
- Ace gained the chemical properties of fire (combustion), Aokiji gained the chemical properties of ice, Akainu gained the chemical properties of magma.

Problem Group: Logia types which don't seem like Logia types?
Sometimes, you'll find something that doesn't seem quite right. Like Aokiji's ice abilities. Water turning into ice is just a physical change, right? Well, it can depend on how you look at it. If we are to examine things which are distinguishable from one another then ice is a unique form of water much in the same way snow is a unique form of it. That is to say, it's a water logia type that would have a version much like how the Zoans have subcategories.

That is to say, Aokiji's Ice abilities are derived of the chemical formula for water, only in a unique form. If it were to be classified similarly to the Zoan subcategories it might be defined like the Water-Water Fruit (Version: Ice) or Water-Water Fruit (Version: Snow) in Monet's case.

I would suggest that something similar happens in Blackbeard's case. Chemicals undergo chemical reactions and release energy in the form of light. Blackbeard's ability might be the state of the reverse effect wherein he mutes the chemical reactions taking place that would otherwise produce light to achieve a state of darkness. In this sense, Kizaru's ability to produce light would also be based on that principle of chemical reaction (much in the same way Ace's abilities are based on the combustion reaction).

In short, Logia abilities are not always as they seem. Ace's Fire Logia Devil Fruit isn't based on fire itself, it's based on combustion. Aokiji's fruit isn't based on ice, it's based on the chemical composition and unique formation of water molecules. Following suit, Blackbeard's Darkness Logia Devil Fruit isn't based on darkness itself, it's based on the chemical reaction which produces light and the lack thereof during this state.

Problem Group: Phenomena Unrelated to Physical, Chemical, or Biological Properties
In the other such cases where something seems out of place like with, for example, Sugar of the Dressrosa Pirates who possesses the Hobby-Hobby Fruit, you might wonder how this can be described as a physical property of a hobby. Well, in her case... the fruit's ability reflects on how playing with toys is a hobby and she uses her hands to play with them. This is actually a complicated fruit that can be further explored by examining its unscientific properties. The important part is how it works. First, Sugar has to touch someone before she can make them turn into a toy. Second, she is able to create contracts that make her toys do what she wants them to. The first part is the part involving physical properties -- the act of playing with toys using her hands. The second part involves unscientific properties which govern soul abilities like those which Big Mom uses. Soul abilities are predominant in the forces comprising Devil Fruit abilities, and can be involved in any of the three groups, but often are found among the Paramecia type (Big Mom, Brooke, Sugar are just a few examples.)

Status
Not open for further replies.