Chapter Discussion Did Blast live up to the hype ?

C

Cuistot

I would say this skirmish did nothing for either Blast or Garou, could've been scrapped all together BUT i don't see how anything shown dehypes Blast in any way. Whether Garou is superior AT ALL is really debatable. That is unless you had unreasonably high expectations for him like the fact he's somehow supposed to be comparable to Saitama which i never understood given the nature of this show, but whatever.

Main thing we need to take into consideration is his role in this whole thing. He's only entered the scene for a single reason, to prevent the conflict from doing severe damage to the planet.

Right as he arrives, he points out Garou still retains some of his humanity, not showing any bloodlust towards him, but merely seeking to stop his rampage.

As far as feats go, we see he's able to land hits on Garou with zero issue, as well as easily seal away his nuclear punches and what not. No indication he's in a deep struggle anywhere.

All in all, the presentation could've been handled better, the fact he's essentially a backround in Saitama/Garou's fight doesn't do him any favors, but for anyone that didn't have unrealistic expectations about him, i don't see any issue with what transpired.

Just had to give my quick thoughts on this.

For those interested : @Chrono @RayanOO @Shiroyru @Tai long @Bogard @Bango🍅 @MonochromeYoru etc.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
> Blast fighting against God, so i guess that punch might be stronger than we thought.
> and plus Blast able to neglect Nuclear + Gravity punches from God is kinda dope ngl.
> and based on my observation, seems like Blast hasn't been in combat for a long time.

maybe Murata need to dehype Blast so he cant overshadow Saitama which is pretty obvious.

The feats are amazing. As you said, he managed to land hits and didn't get tagged once.

But...

For a character that is supposed to be keeping the "God" , what is looking like the ultimate enemy in opm, at bay,
For me, he was lackluster.

The fact that garou with what seems like not even the full power from God, copied Blasts moves and used them on him, to the point it surprised Blast, and the fact that blasts moves haven't made a dent in garou(atleast I don't think), is really not great for me atleast.

I guess that just goes to hype garou more. He really is a prodigy among prodigies.

Blast had this mystery about him in both manga and webco. And as the mystery is unravelling in the manga, idk... .

So my problem is, Blast's feats are great, on paper. But if we look at the context, I don't know how the fuck he and his team is managing to stop this God at all when a single pawn with some blessing is a match for him.
Unless blast isn't the strongest on his team, which could very well be the case.

C

Cuistot

> Blast fighting against God, so i guess that punch might be stronger than we thought.
> and plus Blast able to neglect Nuclear + Gravity punches from God is kinda dope ngl.
> and based on my observation, seems like Blast hasn't been in combat for a long time.

maybe Murata need to dehype Blast so he cant overshadow Saitama which is pretty obvious.
Well, it's just a fraction of God's power as he says.

If there's anyone that has a remote chance of being comparable to Saitama, it's god himself. Blast needs a bunch of people on his side to seemingly keep this entity in check lol.

Also this is another important point :

I guess that just goes to hype garou more. He really is a prodigy among prodigies.
Garou is just that strong.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I don’t think blast went all out at all for now and he wanted to protect the earth. But he could have been used better, and it could have been more hype. Here he was just enduring the events without having any control.

For me, he was ok until the last page where we see him with his arms up, scared of what might happen to earth.
Knowing that he can warp both of them away from the earth, have them clash there, and then bring them back makes his shocked reaction look desperate. Something you wouldn't expect from the Number 1 hero who supposedly faces of against God on the regular.

I think he does. He just casually had some brief clash with a complete awakened Garou without breaking a sweat, he hasn't gone all out yet.

And it doesn't make his portayal lower for him to react like that, I mean he mustn't expect there will be beings capable of destroying earth with a single clash.
I think next chapter he is gonna do something big.

He's actually way stronger than I expected him to be, this dude can literally bend reality. While he isn't capable of producing massive amounts of energy, just the fact that he can neglect multiple nuclear explosions puts him above Boros imo.

It is really unfair to compare him to cosmic evil.

I don't know but Using Garou as Villain(or vessel or whatever we want to call) is very lame...like doesn't feel that great...I felt more danger with Boros tbh and he was not even a major plot villain.

I would say...Garou not being some kind of legend just ruins feats against him maybe.

C

Cuistot

I don't know but Using Garou as Villain(or vessel or whatever we want to call) is very lame...like doesn't feel that great...I felt more danger with Boros tbh and he was not even a major plot villain.

I would say...Garou not being some kind of legend just ruins feats against him maybe.
None of this makes any sense lol

None of this makes any sense lol
I have not written any rocket science, just gave my opinion that I would have preferred some actual villain being made in the series than using garou as a vessel for enemy... Who in the end I still don't see as much. Boros falls under that category.
I don't know what sense you are trying to make out of straight forward points.. Where there is nothing to debate.

C

Cuistot

I have not written any rocket science, just gave my opinion that I would have preferred some actual villain being made in the series than using garou as a vessel for enemy... Who in the end I still don't see as much. Boros falls under that category.
I don't know what sense you are trying to make out of straight forward points.. Where there is nothing to debate.
Garou is the main villain of this arc like Boros was in his. Vessel or not is legit irrelevant, plus he’s far stronger.

I think he did. There is also a misconception that this guy was supposed to be the one to keep God in check, well this is wrong. That God is supposed to be Saitama's last and strongest enemy, so there are probably a shit ton of characters helping Blast to keep him busy in another dimension so that he doesn't fuck up their world.
But I'm pretty sure they are not close to him and that somehow this God can't even use all his power.
Anyway Blast to me appeared stronger than what I thought he would be, being the only human able to withstand the cosmic power of Garou, landing a lot of attacks and taking none, sensing the strength of Garou and Saitama at the end. He's a few classes above the class S heroes.

A bunch of fandom bs in this thread
Lol at blast being stronger then anyone other garou and saitama also lol at god being a final foe, Literal speculation phrased as if fact

Yea, The dude was butchered
He was portrayed as being scared of planet lv attacks and being an ant to garou n saitama, for being hyped as strongest hero kinda expected him to least be somewhat capable not needing some background team to handle threats even prior characters could handle

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Far exceeded my initial expectations. For him to not get insta stomped by Cosmic Garou puts him ridiculously above the entire S class combined. Just showed up at the wrong time.