Character Discussion Did we overlook the similarities between Teach and Orochi?

Tyrant MUUGEN

天下無双

Marshall D. Teach
&
Orochi

I've been re-watching/reading the series and noticed a few things that these two have in common.

Parallels & Similarities:
Ch. 965 both shown as Orphans.
Went on to kill the one that "adopted" them.
Heavily believes in prophecies and fate.
Both do not sleep.
Rox Pirates - WB/Kaido.
Backstabbers/Tricksters/Cowardly.
Ambition in becoming King of a Country.

Now I've been a believer in the "Kraken DF" Theory for some time now and I think this cements it. Since Teach didn't bother going to Wano he isn't gaining any of these DF abilities. Since he won't be getting Orochi's DF I think this ties in perfectly for the foreshadowing of him already having the DF. I do think it would be cool if he has a Mythical Zoan that we haven't seen yet, especially since if he did really beat Marco as bad as everyone believes why didn't he take the Phoenix fruit or is it 'cause he can't. Although I still don't understand why he didn't take either Phoenix or Diamond fruit overall for his crew. Nothing to crazy just something I noticed and wonder if you all noticed these as well.

Do you think these similarities play any important part in the story overall?
Do you believe in the Kraken theory?

For context on Kraken theory:
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/lj88xm

Last edited:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I did notice that Orochi had a lot of Teach characteristics in the Oden backstory. I half expected him to be another bad D.

Kraken theory is open but not something I hard believe in. Tbh, I can't push myself too far into believing any of the devil fruit theories for Teach. Nothing seems to fit, for me. But I wouldn't mind it if Teach had a strong mythical zoan like that. His zoan form would be hilarious though, just his face on a squid/octopus head lmfao

Tyrant MUUGEN

天下無双
I did notice that Orochi had a lot of Teach characteristics in the Oden backstory. I half expected him to be another bad D.

Kraken theory is open but not something I hard believe in. Tbh, I can't push myself too far into believing any of the devil fruit theories for Teach. Nothing seems to fit, for me. But I wouldn't mind it if Teach had a strong mythical zoan like that. His zoan form would be hilarious though, just his face on a squid/octopus head lmfao
Well it's the most logical theory given he's inspired after Blackbeard and Kraken goes hand in hand.

What bad D's have we seen so far?

I would be curious in the form although I can see that being the humanoid form which would be dope.