Chapter Discussion Do you agree that these Elbaf chapters feel like Pre Timeskip chapters?

Do these Elbaf chapters feel like Pre Timeskip?

• Total voters
Quite a few are saying that the recent chapters have Pre Timeskip Aura to them
yet quite a few are complaining about the chapters as well.Its hard to believe chapters that feel like pre timeskip are getting scrutinized.
I think there is a Pre Timeskip Aura in these chapters forsure and I'm enjoying every minute of it brings the best out of everyone. Chapters dedicated to the crew are rare in the post timeskip era.

Last edited:
It's the setting which is pre time skip.
Since Post time skip crew either splits up middle of the arc or half of them disappear either way. But this is different.

They have the OG members with them , They interact with each other.
- Luffy being Dumb
- Chopper being a Crybaby
- Nami charging Interest (Fuckin golddigger)
- Sanji being Compared to a dog
- Ussop And his shenanigans
- Zoro getting lost (Yet to happen)
That's why the chapter feels like pre time skip comedy because everything is in the same chapter.

Most people don't have a problem to spend 1 or 2 chapters with the crew bonding.
The main problem is that besides these chapters we know Oda's fetish to spend zillion chapters on new introduced characters and boring plots so if you add all of them together we know we will spend many months of precious time.

Yes sir, they feel a lot like that. 1128 for me personally was a 9/10 for example. I like those kinda chapters a lot. I love the East Blue cast and those Elbaf/Vikingish aesthetics and themes. Right now I also like the premise a lot. That's One Piece right now.
And thanks to the fact that every obstacle is gigantic, it also feels a little threatening. That Snake prolly is as big as Dragon Kaido. Luffy did his pre timeskip training for creatures 1/10 that Snake's size. No wonder he's using CoC there.
So with him already using it on a Snake, Iskat requiring those kinda powerful attacks and Ussop getting a briefing already, I'm pretty optimistic for what's to come, even if the Sun God won't be all that probably.