Dragon Ball - the greatest manga in history

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Toriyama wasn't afraid to let Goku play a cooperative role for once and let his son step in and vanquish the main villain of the arc, also acquiring the spotlight.

Oda failed to let Zoro kill Kaido despite the fact Zoro had sworn he would kill him after embracing the cause of the Samurai of Wano, an arc that also looked perfect to let a swordsman have the spotlight given its country structure, and that was clear before he was bestowed with Enma anyway.

He preferred Luffy to unlock his majestic G5 which places him above Old Rayleigh by a consistent amount of power, and not so far from Roger level itself, most likely. And yet there was no need to make him so powerful so soon. He wasn't set to face Akainu, in fact he likely won't for a few years.

Oda didn't let Zoro surpass his captain even for one single arc, he ain't nothing like Toriyama.

I haven't repent dropping the manga entirely, despite I regardless hadn't been super attracted by it for several years.

I look forward to see what Toriyama has in store, I'm not a super fanboy of Super, but his work has been admirable for decades.

Toriyama wasn't afraid to let Goku play a cooperative role for once and let his son step in and vanquish the main villain of the arc, also acquiring the spotlight.

Oda failed to let Zoro kill Kaido despite the fact Zoro had sworn he would kill him after embracing the cause of the Samurai of Wano, an arc that also looked perfect to let a swordsman have the spotlight given its country structure, and that was clear before he was bestowed with Enma anyway.

He preferred Luffy to unlock his majestic G5 which places him above Old Rayleigh by a consistent amount of power, and not so far from Roger level itself, most likely. And yet there was no need to make him so powerful so soon. He wasn't set to face Akainu, in fact he likely won't for a few years.

Oda didn't let Zoro surpass his captain even for one single arc, he ain't nothing like Toriyama.

I haven't repent dropping the manga entirely, despite I regardless hadn't been super attracted by it for several years.

I look forward to see what Toriyama has in store, I'm not a super fanboy of Super, but his work has been admirable for decades.
I prefer super to gt and I do like DragonBall in general, and I agree that zoro should have had a more substantial role in wano that didn't even have to outshine luffy being as there were 2 yonko present luffy could have been the one to beat big mom.

I also really liked how Gohan was able to show his potential against cell and rise to the occasion, after that toriyama did Gohan dirty allowing him to become weak and stop training.

I'm curious if you think Gohan will be able to rise back up to his former glory now that frieza has far surpassed both goku and vegeta or if you think the responsibility will fall to broly, goku, vegeta, granola, or someone else entirely?

From what I've read online the next arc is supposed to focus on goten and trunks but I'm not sure how long that will last

One piece doesn't run in a way dragonball runs...goals are different, storylines are different...just because dragonball runs as per your wish doesn't make it the greatest manga....lol...

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
One piece doesn't run in a way dragonball runs...goals are different, storylines are different...just because dragonball runs as per your wish doesn't make it the greatest manga....lol...
No offence but this is the same nonsense narrative Oda fanboys and/or Zoro haters and/or detractors and/or Luffy fanboys have been using for ages to belittle Zoro's role in the story, praise Luffy to the Moon, defend Oda.

Of course the manga are different, but that does not implicate that Luffy aiming to become the Pirate King must have put him as the center of attention for the entire duration of the story, it doesn't implicate that Zoro is less relevant than Teen Gohan, it surely doesn't implicate that Wano is not a swordsman based country or that, as I explained, he hadn't several reasons to be the one to end Kaido instead of Luffy. And so doesn't implicate that Zoro kills Kaido would have been a less accurate choice than Gohan destroys Cell.

It's just that people tend to have a limited and blurry reasoning when it comes to this matter and they kept on following Oda without batting an eye.

I was a Zoro Fan but I'm not even sure I can call myself that now since I dropped the manga.
Post automatically merged:

I prefer super to gt and I do like DragonBall in general, and I agree that zoro should have had a more substantial role in wano that didn't even have to outshine luffy being as there were 2 yonko present luffy could have been the one to beat big mom.

I also really liked how Gohan was able to show his potential against cell and rise to the occasion, after that toriyama did Gohan dirty allowing him to become weak and stop training.

I'm curious if you think Gohan will be able to rise back up to his former glory now that frieza has far surpassed both goku and vegeta or if you think the responsibility will fall to broly, goku, vegeta, granola, or someone else entirely?

From what I've read online the next arc is supposed to focus on goten and trunks but I'm not sure how long that will last
Toriyama is a quite versatile mangaka, I definitely at least think that other characters beside Goku to destroy a main villain is a robust possibility for one of the future arcs.

Definitely not i would say Slam dunk , Vagabond, Full metal alchemist , Yuyu hakusho are far better in content and plot.

Dragon ball z opened japanese manga culture to west but not the greatest.
I accounted this for a mix of quality of the series itself + popularity and share if I have to be honest, and not just the former parameter.

Objectively an amazing series. Boruto is inferior on the other hand.

Last edited:
Dragon ball is more catered to people who likes battles it lacks story in general. Goku literally gets asspull power for no reason one of major reason I dont like about it.

Story point of view there are mangas far better than dragon ball.