Speculations Embedded Will: What Logia Awakening Is, Why It's The Opposite Of Zoan Awakening, And Why We've Already Seen It

We've had a few Linyagi threads recently, so I've decided to make a more high-effort thread.

Get ready for one of the best theories on logia awakening ever.
:cheers:

Will and willpower are undeniably major themes in One Piece, with haki itself being harnessed willpower made tangible.

Naturally, it is not surprising that the theme of will also extends to devil fruit awakenings, which has been particularly apparent with the Zoan class:

Zoan fruits contain wills:

According to Shaka, when Zoan awakening occurs, the mind of the user can be overtaken by the will of the fruit's animal.

We see this in the story with the impel-down jailers.

From Kaido's statements on the matter, we can infer that when the user's own will matches that of the fruit's animal closely enough they can maintain awakening without losing control.

And we see this with Lucci, who's bloodthirst and desire to kill matches with that of a leopard.

Why is this discussion of wills and "mind catching up to your powers" so significant?

Because elements of nature have no will.

Here's my thesis: In direct opposition to zoan awakening, logia awakening is not the will of the fruit enacting itself upon the user, but the user's will enacting upon the element of the fruit. This will allow for the creation of elemental structures that can exist permanently and operate independently of the user.

To explain and highlight what I mean, let's take a moment to look at a few scenes that I believe show an awakened logia in action:

1) Kizaru creates light clones.

Initially Kizaru creates orbs of light using Yasakani no Magatama:

The orbs of light fly over to Luffy, and stop moving.

The orbs then assemble themselves into clones, with Kizaru seemingly doing nothing to direct this.

The clones then operate completely independently of Kizaru tracking Luffy down almost as if they are locked onto him.

As a side note, it is worth mentioning that Egghead is filled with light monsters that, if created by Kizaru, are clearly acting without his continued direction.

2) The climate of punk hazard.

Punk Hazard is engulfed by endlessly erupting volcanos and endlessly swirling blizzards.
What's interesting though, is how Oda chooses to describe this.

Oda calls Punk Hazard a clash between the gazes of Aokiji and Akainu.

Suggesting, evidence of a logia user's WILL affecting an element even after they have created it.

Overall summary, TLDR:
Logia awakening is the ability to enforce your will upon your element and have it operate independently of you.

Logia awakening not only allows for the creation of element-based clones, animals, and monsters but can also allow for the creation of self-maneuvering attacks. Examples of this could be light orbs that can self-maneuver and track opponents or volcanos that continue to erupt periodically after you’ve made them. Similar to Big Mom's homies, but not limited by an existing stockpile of souls or by the need for pre-existing structures in which to embed life.

I believe that the scene where Kizaru makes clones is a teaser of the ability, similar to how we had many teasers of ACOC before it was fully explained.
@SakazOuki @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @Kurozumi Wiwi @Extravlad @MarineHQ @TheKnightOfTheSea @Pringles @Elder Lee Hung @MonsterKaido @Durableguy @HA001 @TheAncientCenturion @Kizaruber Eats @WalnutTax @BillSlipton @Doggo @GUI VI @Shiroyru @Fujishiro @Monster Zoro's Tesla Supplier

Last edited:

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'π–˜ π•Ύπ–•π–†π–œπ–“
β€Ž
Logia awakening is the ability to enforce your will upon your element and have it operate independently of you.
i can see an unorthodox way Oda could reveal it

cut back to Wano, and see that the forests Aramaki created are attacking people

As a side note, Aramaki says "the creation of life is the very essense of logia." Also fits the notion of a logia's advanced abilities imparting will into an element.

Thought about including Aramaki or Karasu in the thread but didn't want it to be too long

Kizaruber Eats

Tired of it all.
β€Ž
We've had a few Linyagi threads recently, so I've decided to make a more high-effort thread.

Will and willpower are undeniably major themes in One Piece, with haki itself being harnessed willpower made tangible.

Naturally, it is not surprising that the theme of will also extends to devil fruit awakenings, which has been particularly apparent with the Zoan class:

According to Shaka, when Zoan awakening occurs, the mind of the user can be overtaken by the will of the fruit's animal.

From Kaido's statements on the matter, we can infer that when the user's own will matches that of the fruit's animal closely enough they can maintain awakening without losing control.

As a side note, Aramaki says "the creation of life is the very essense of logia." Also fits the notion of a logia's advanced abilities imparting will into an element.

Thought about including Aramaki or Karasu in the thread but didn't want it to be too long

And we see this with Lucci, who's bloodthirst and desire to kill matches with that of a leopard.

Why is this discussion of wills and "minds catching up to your powers" so significant?

Here's my thesis: In direct opposition to zoan awakening, logia awakening is not the will of the fruit enacting itself upon the user, but the user's will enacting upon the element of the fruit. This will allow for the creation of elemental structures that can exist permanently and operate independently of the user.

To explain and highlight what I mean, let's take a moment to look at a few scenes that I believe show an awakened logia in action:

The orbs then assemble themselves into clones, with Kizaru seemingly doing nothing to direct this.

The clones then operate completely independently of Kizaru tracking Luffy down almost as if they are locked onto him.

As a side note, it is worth mentioning that Egghead is filled with light monsters that, if created by Kizaru, are clearly acting without his continued direction.

Punk Hazard is engulfed by endlessly erupting volcanos and endlessly swirling blizzards.

Suggesting, evidence of a logia user's WILL affecting an element even after they have created it.

Overall summary, TLDR:

Logia awakening not only allows for the creation of element-based clones, animals, and monsters but can also allow for the creation of sentient attacks. Examples of this could be light orbs that can self-maneuver and track opponents or volcanos that continue to erupt periodically after you’ve made them. Similar to Big Mom's homies, but not limited by an existing stockpile of souls or by the need for pre-existing structures in which to embed life.

I believe that the scene where Kizaru makes clones is a teaser of the ability, similar to how we had many teasers of ACOC before it was fully explained.
@SakazOuki @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @Kurozumi Wiwi @Extravlad @MarineHQ @TheKnightOfTheSea @Pringles @Elder Lee Hung @MonsterKaido @Durableguy @HA001 @TheAncientCenturion @Kizaruber Eats @WalnutTax @BillSlipton @Doggo @GUI VI @Shiroyru @Fujishiro @Monster Zoro's Tesla Supplier
Brilliant thread man, thanks for tagging me, you've really convinced me a lot. Better than what I could have come up with.

Funnily enough, Ohara Artur came up with an idea for creating sentient life forms from awakened Logias, I think he was inspired by Big Mom's devil fruit from what I'm assuming and I love the idea of Logia awakenings involving giving your will, giving life to the very elements, to nature itself and thus you don't just go from becoming the element yourself but you form the ultimate symbiotic relationship with nature and the elements too.

Isn't it strange Green Bull was rejuvenating Wano as he walked through it, like he was a huge fan of Okami or something? And ironically he got his head bashed by One Piece's equivalent of said "Okami" too!

I've suspected Kuzan will make frost giants and probably his own "Articunos" with awakening and our favourite living walking volcano sake cup and HIM will make potentially gigantic demons, maybe something like Sutur too? Also expecting him to be nicknamed as "Hades" potentially and make a Cerberus from magma too.

(Assuming Blackbeard isnt the one to be Hades or Big Mom could have been and Blackbeard doesn't get a Cerberus Zoan or has one, which I sadly doubt he does or will get one either.)

Holy shit that would be awesome! Truly epic and badass!

Imagine it also creates clones of him that also can duplicate and use his powers, at reduced effect possibly? Like our discussion about Kizaru elsewhere earlier, this keeps turning into Madara with his clones using Susanoo references all over again LMAO!

:kailaugh::crazwhat::snoopy::fujilaugh::hohoho:

Logias were the most powerful, unstoppable, destructive and difficult to deal with devil fruit pre TS, pretty much like gods until Oda brought in haki ofc. He had to come up with such ridiculously outlandish reasons a logia could be defeated pre TS but it also inspired creativity and humour too.

People who keep downplaying them and underestimating them are gonna have a terrible time sooner or later, theres a reason they cant be cloned and theres a reason we've not seen a single awakening from one yet. They could take the cynical assumption as per their anti-Logia and Admiral/Marine agendas but Admirals were the final villains pre TS and the most terrifying enemy, I'm certain they will be for the true endgame of OP too, the endgame Oda is building up right now.
Post automatically merged:

:smart::smart::smart::steef::steef::steef::steef::finally::finally::finally:

Last edited:

Why is this discussion of wills and "mind catching up to your powers" so significant?

Overall summary, TLDR:

Logia awakening not only allows for the creation of element-based clones, animals, and monsters but can also allow for the creation of sentient attacks. Examples of this could be light orbs that can self-maneuver and track opponents or volcanos that continue to erupt periodically after you’ve made them. Similar to Big Mom's homies, but not limited by an existing stockpile of souls or by the need for pre-existing structures in which to embed life.

Interesting.. Based on your interpretation, do you think that Kizaru in this panel put his Will into the Light Beam so that he accelerated the Light Beam itself?.. He enhanced his Devil Fruit power in a way..

The only problem with Clones is that they followed Luffy in a bee line..

Interesting.. Based on your interpretation, do you think that Kizaru in this panel put his Will into the Light Beam so that he accelerated the Light Beam itself?.. He enhanced his Devil Fruit power in a way..

The only problem with Clones is that they followed Luffy in a bee line..
But how can they follow Luffy at all if Kizaru isn’t controlling them ?

WalnutTax

A man, my son 🌊
β€Žβ€Žβ€Ž
Overall summary, TLDR:

Great read and effort, I can really see Oda trying to concoct and do something like this if we (hopefully) get logia awakening confirmation! We have high expectations for your next thread. Pray you do not disappoint us.
:kata:

Overall summary, TLDR:

W thread my man.