Manga Discussion Enen no Shouboutai/Fire Force

Who is your favorite characters?

• Total voters
Welcome to Fire Force/Enen no Shouboutai discussion thread. Fire Force is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Atsushi Ōkubo which is the same author of Soul Eater (check it out if you haven't). This series has been serialized in Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine since September 2015, and collected into 25 tankōbon volumes as of September 2020.

Synopsis

Spontaneous Human Combustion: a chaotic phenomenon that has plagued humanity for years, randomly transforming ordinary people into flaming, violent creatures known as Infernals. While Infernals make up the first-generation accounts of Human Combustion, the second and third generations became known as pyrokinetics—people gifted with the ability to manipulate and control their flames while remaining human. To combat the Infernal threat and discover the cause, the Tokyo Armed Forces, Fire Defense Agency, and Holy Church of Sol produced their answer: the Special Fire Force.

Young and eager third-generation pyrokinetic Shinra Kusakabe, nicknamed Devil's Footprints for his explosive ability to ignite his feet at will, becomes a member of the lively Special Fire Force Company 8. Upholding the brigade's duty to extinguish the blazing Infernals and lay their souls to rest, Shinra is determined to become a hero who will save the lives of those threatened by the flame terror.

However, this is not the hero's game Shinra imagined. The Fire Force is a fractured mess of feuding brigades, abnormal Infernal sightings are increasing all over Tokyo, and a shadowy group is claiming to have answers to the strange fire that caused the death of Shinra's family 12 years ago. Faced with many obstacles within and outside the Fire Force, Shinra fights to uncover the truth behind the burning mysteries that have kept him in the dark.

Tagging some people

Just made it past episode 10, the anime is really entertaining to me. I wonder why this series hasn’t gotten more attention?
Aye. Welcome Major Lee.:finally:The anime is great. If you finish the anime then you might start reading the manga from chapter 1 because there's a lot of details missed out. I guess the reason why this series doesn't get much attention is because it's not as popular as some other series I assumed.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Aye. Welcome Major Lee.:finally:The anime is great. If you finish the anime then you might start reading the manga from chapter 1 because there's a lot of details missed out. I guess the reason why this series doesn't get much attention is because it's not as popular as some other series I assumed.
I can see that lol. I can see a lot of areas in the anime where things seem to have been glossed over from the manga.

Still, the animation and production values are awesome. I am really enjoying the series so far.

I can see that lol. I can see a lot of areas in the anime where things seem to have been glossed over from the manga.

Still, the animation and production values are awesome. I am really enjoying the series so far.
Aye. If you don't already know, the studio that did Fire Force is the same as Jojo Bizarre Adventure studio which is David Production. They're great at animating action anime.

But you're enjoying it so that's all it matters.:cheers: There might be a certain character that you might like.:kata:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Aye. If you don't already know, the studio that did Fire Force is the same as Jojo Bizarre Adventure studio which is David Production. They're great at animating action anime.

But you're enjoying it so that's all it matters.:cheers: There might be a certain character that you might like.:kata:
So far I really like Ogi for some reason. Shinra is cool too though also annoying. Captain Burns seems cool though he seems to lead a religious company which I’m not a fan of, and Shinmon is ridiculously hype, though I don’t like that he’s an ultra nationalist lol.

So far I really like Ogi for some reason.
Obi you mean?
Shinra is cool too though also annoying.
I think he's cool. Same vibe from Shin from Kingdom.
Captain Burns seems cool though he seems to lead a religious company which I’m not a fan of,
Fair.
and Shinmon is ridiculously hype, though I don’t like that he’s an ultra nationalist lol.
Shinmon is like that because he doesn't like to be under the Government. Similar to Garp towards the Celestial Dragons.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I think he's cool. Same vibe from Shin from Kingdom.
Maybe early Shin lol. As Shin grows he becomes much different.

Shinmon is like that because he doesn't like to be under the Government. Similar to Garp towards the Celestial Dragons.
I need to learn more about the Government before I make a judgment call lol. So far Shinmon appears to be skeptical of things that are objectively true, which I am not a fan of lol. He appears to be deluded so far.

Maybe early Shin lol. As Shin grows he becomes much different.
Yeah, as time went on, Shin is more matured while Shinra is like bratty and cocky-ish.
I need to learn more about the Government before I make a judgment call lol. So far Shinmon appears to be skeptical of things that are objectively true, which I am not a fan of lol. He appears to be deluded so far.
Shinmon doesn't care about the whole ideology of god and belief that falls upon the citizens of Tokyo. Everybody worships Sol while Shinmon doesn't worships anybody. He sometimes doesn't even want to attend the meeting summoned by the Sol Temple.
Lol, forgot we have a thread for this.

Anyone caught up?
I'm like 5 chapters behind Lmao.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Shinmon doesn't care about the whole ideology of god and belief that falls upon the citizens of Tokyo. Everybody worships Sol while Shinmon doesn't worships anybody. He sometimes doesn't even want to attend the meeting summoned by the Sol Temple.
He also expressed that he didn’t believe that there were any factions turning people infernal. So he seems to just be skeptical of everything regardless of whether it’s rational or not lol.