Questions & Mysteries Floaties? Or no Floaties? Can the Gorosei Swim?

Can the Gorosei Swim?

• Yes

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
I'm a little split at the moment, to be honest.

Warcury doesn't even try making the jump until after Mars was out of the picture. It seems like he was hesitating to go into the water, if there was any other option. He even lets Peter take a few shots with his sand worm vacuum shots.

But, that was maybe just weird pacing? Maybe he wasn't actually hesitating as long as it felt like? It was probably just a few seconds in "real time". But...it still feels like he hesitated, at least to me, even if it was only a momentary hesitation.

Warcury does eventually try to make that jump. But, that also feels like a last minute desperation play. He might have been willing to sacrifice himself to keep their main target from escaping?

But, it might just be because none of them have forms that are suited to fighting in water? They might not sink like Devil Fruit users, but that doesn't mean they're strong swimmers. I mean, pigs are actually pretty good swimmers, but they're not fish.

It would definitely feel like a big moment if Warcury got knocked into the water, but then he pops right back up and reveals he can swim. So, it might be possible, just for the cool factor. But, for right now, it does seem like the Gorosei are all avoiding touching the water as best they can. Which could be a misdirect, but also might not.

But, the thing is I feel like they almost HAVE to be unable to swim...because if they CAN there's almost no way for the Strawhats to escape. If the Gorosei CAN swim, that means they can follow them across the ocean, and they'd never stop chasing them. So, unless there's some other way for the Strawhats to escape, the Gorosei almost have to have some sort of inability to swim, just so that the story can happen.

So, at the moment, I'm leaning towards that they can't swim. But, I can honestly see it going either way.

Last edited: