• Very Excited

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Low Key Excited

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Intro
Hey guys & girls today I'd like to speculate a bit on one of my favorite wano characters - "Fukurokuju". I know the lot of y'all are not too optimistic about his character but I hope this theory gets y'all excited about him even if it's just a bit :p. Hope you enjoy the read~! ^^

Background
Just to recap on Fukurokuju a bit, he's the leader of the Oniwabanshu, a group of ninja who directly serve the Shogun of wano (i.e. currently Orochi) and according to Shinobu, along with Hyougoro he used to be one of the Kozuki clans biggest supporters. He also seems to be 1 of Orochi's big 3 together with Kyoshiro and the Mimawarigumi captain. We've already seen a hint of what Kyoshiro's capable of so I think we can be fairly optimistic with Fukurokuju from a power scaling perspective if Kyoushiro is anything to go by. Fukurokuju is also said to be rivals with Raizou who is hailed as a genius ninja by the wano folk but keep in mind that they were rivals was 20 years ago, so he's most likely a lot stronger than he was back then making it very likely that he's currently wano's strongest Ninja~! (think Kaidou/Moria for example & where Kaidou's at now power scaling wise. A lot could change in 20 years ^^). We've already seen a bit of what Raizou's capable of so I'm pretty hype about Fukurokuju's character. What can I say, I love ninja lolz. Shame any of y'all who don't :p.

So yh my enthusiasm about Fukurokuju has got me thinking about what we could potentially expect from him on Wano, what his abilities could potentially be and such. This post will be a bit too long if I speculate on all that lolz so I'm just going to focus on Fukurokuju's abilities for today ^^. I' think I'm defo unto something with this, so read this at ur own risk lolz. But yh, before I go into Fukurokuju's abilities, I'd like to touch up on the wano ninja briefly as it'd serve as a foundation of sorts for my theory ^^.

Wano Ninja
So what exactly are these so called Ninja on Wano. Well like your regular ninja in fiction, they seem to excel at stealth and covert activities and also seem to be capable of using supernatural abilities (e.g. Raizou, Shinobu). In the world of one piece supernatural abilities are common place, however, from the perspective of the citizens of Wano who are closed off from the rest of the world and are ignorant of stuff devil fruits and the likes, the ability to use special abilities is unnatural/special and is referred to as ninjutsu. We know this, because we've seen some of the time travelling scabbards refer to their devil fruit abilities as ninjutsu and also refer to devil fruit user's abilities and technology users in the outside world as ninjutsu as well.

In the world of one piece the source of supernatural powers are usually either from devil fruits or some sort of technology and Wano itself doesn't seem like a very technologically advanced nation so it's very likely that all of the ninja on Wano possess some sort of devil fruit ability ^^

That established lets move on to the crux of this theory, which is Fukurokuju ^^

Fukurokuju's abilities
So now with it established that Fukurokuju is most likely a devil fruit user, what could his devil fruit ability be? ^^

Fukurokuju in one piece seems to be based off his namesake in the "seven lucky gods" which are 7 Japanese deities, which are believe to grant luck ^^. After having established that connection, the natural thought pattern would be to speculate that one piece Fukurokuju has similar abilities to his counterpart in the seven lucky gods, one of which includes necromancy! (i.e. the ability to resurrect the dead) and although this ability is pretty dope it feels a bit meh for a ninja (or rather my image of a ninja) so I did a bit of thinking. (i.e. like for realz just a bit - I literally just examined one piece Fukurokuju a bit and the answer was literally staring me in the face lolz).

Not too long ago, I noticed that Orochi's subordinates seem to have a circular pattern on their kimonos (e.g. Kyoushiro, Kamazo, Mimawagari captain etc.) and speculated that anyone with kimono pattern most likely works for Orochi making me suspect Neko and Kiku as potential traitors. However that was debunked when Oda write Yasu to have a similar pattern on his kimono in Oden's flashback :catcry:. Anyways back to Fuku...lolz. Even tho Fuku also has a circular type pattern on his kimono, I always thought it weird that his was so different but I think the reason for that is coz Oda's is being a sneaky smartass and lowkey giving us hints about Fukurokuju like his abilities and even his potential opponent this arc :p As opposed to Kyoshiro and the Mimawarigumi captain, Fukurokuju has a dice pattern on his Kimono more specifically a die of 3 so I think his ability is literally going to be that. I mean think about it, fukurokuju is literally one of the seven "lucky" gods whom are believe to grant "luck" and the game of dice is literally a game of "luck". Fact that Oda specifically used that pattern on Fukurokuju's kimono is very suspicious so I strongly believe Fukurokuju's ability will be tied to that.

Now I think this ability could be very interesting depending on how Oda utilizes it. We've already something that could be similar to this concept in the Luck Luck fruit that was introduced in film gold. For y'all that have not seen that movie yet, the user of the luck luck fruit is capable of absorbing people's luck by touch and depending on how much luck the user has absorbed from others, they could become so lucky that any attempt to hurt them will end in failure, making the user seemingly invincible akin to Katakuri's FS in a sense lolz. What is even more interesting is that Fukurokuju's devil fruit could be a superior version of the luck luck fruit. Like the ton ton fruit is a superior version of the kilo kilo fruit, the magma fruit is a superior version of the fire fruit and so on.

Another interesting way Oda could utilize this ability is to base the rules of the ability around the Japanese dice game called "chou-han" (
link). In this game basically, a dealer rolls two die and then a group of two teams playing against each other (odd and evens) bet some money and guess whether the total of the two die is even or odd. Usually, you either lose money or your valuables (sometimes even ur clothes lolz) or win some money so Oda could have Fukurokju's opponent lose something depending on the roll of the die. For example one of his/her six senses. Interestingly enough a die has 6 sides and characters in OP could potentially 6 senses if we count haki has a sixth sense of sorts. Just imagine how OP that would be?

It could also potentially work like Hawkins tarrot cards in that the user could use really powerful abilities depending on the his/her roll of the dice (For example really powerful or maybe even forbidden ninjustu in Fuku's case). I mean Imagine what kinda OP ability that will be granted to the user if he/she rolls two die of six~!:steef:

Anyways that's all I have for Fuku for now on this aspect :p. Hope you enjoyed the read ^^

So in the end: All we got was Raizo vs Fuku. Fuku not even has a devilfruit ability... just Ninja "Jutsu" powers, that are still unexplained to this day.