Theory Gear 5th

After the time skip we learnt that Luffy had overcome the side effects of Gear 2nd & 3rd, but in his battle against Doflamingo it didn't matter. Gear 2nd was fast but not strong enough. Gear 3rd was strong but not fast enough and at that moment we learnt of Gear 4th which overcame those weaknesses. As soon as it was introduced it was shown in the very next chapter that it had many flaws.

Doflamingo correctly deduced Gear 4th needs armament for Luffy to compress and expand his body and because of that reason, this form unlike the others had a time limit. Law also noticed Luffy was overusing haki. Even though Luffy had advanced both his CoO and CoA this hasn't helped Gear 4th's major drawback.

Which is why I believe Gear 5th will be the answer Luffy has been looking for to the weakness of gear 4th.

In his fight with Doflamingo, Luffy learnt of awakening which Doflamingo explains gives the user greater control over the user's body AND environment. We also know that Doflamingo was able to create string clones and do internal surgery which I believe was because his fruit was awakened.

In his fight against Katakuri, Katakuri showed him his mochi filled punch was far superior to his air filled gear 3rd punch. Katakuri was also able to morph his body combined with his future sight. An absolute control that I believed he gained with awakening.

From these fights, I believe Luffy realised he needs to gain greater control over his body and that blowing air in his bones and muscles didn't give him that.

I believe as soon as Luffy awakens his devil fruit (If he hasn't already), his fruit will awaken the same way we saw Doflamingo's and Katakuri's. He will be able to control his immediate surroundings by turning them into rubber. But unlike them, he'll absorb the rubber surroundings, thereby replacing the air he was using and completely transform his body. With his he'll get greater control over his body, unlike Gear 4th where he was bouncing up and down. He may even grow into the size of Big Mom and Kaido.

The greatest advantage of this other than the added strength is that he'll no longer need CoA to hold this form, even if his haki gets exhausted it won't affect his transformation. I also think he'll gain unbelievable durability the same way tubeless tyres are more durable with tubed tyres.

The true ace up his sleeve (pun intended) would be him applying CoA to this body the same way he does with Gear 4th but instead of him eminating smoke it will be fire!!!

Mmmmm nah turning the enviroment into rubber??? Maybe but i dont think it will be in this arc soon. I can see him turning the islands into rubber to counter the gura gura no mi tho against blackbeard very probably.
And about g5 again.... I have been thinking in something like a super version of base luffy. Hard to explain but remember when luffy hit group marines or lvl 1 pirates with a pistol? Very easily right? Pum pistol pum bazooka pum rifle pum storm
I think you have a point gear 5 is going to take away the flaws of gear 4 but instead of simple gomu gomus is going to be g3 and g4 attacks with all the speed of g2 or snake man and stuff.
And the fire replacing the steam? Thats a brilliant idea man i support you on that 100% thats something we need
:choppawhat:

He’s gonna need more than that to beat kaido
Since Luffy already learned level 2 and level 3 armament haki, his devil fruit would be also a major part of it. I think Awakening and G5 would be the two power-ups for Luffy to beat Kaido 1v1. My Gear 5th Vulcanization theory basically helps Luffy to compress and harden parts of his body even more. Luffy will have chemical sulfur to enhance his body to extreme heat that can caused severe burns to his enemy just by touching. Similar to Akainu's magma fruit. I will make a thread about it if I have some time.

Since Luffy already learned level 2 and level 3 armament haki, his devil fruit would be also a major part of it. I think Awakening and G5 would be the two power-ups for Luffy to beat Kaido 1v1. My Gear 5th Vulcanization theory basically helps Luffy to compress and harden parts of his body even more. Luffy will have chemical sulfur to enhance his body to extreme heat that can caused severe burns to his enemy just by touching. Similar to Akainu's magma fruit. I will make a thread about it if I have some time.
Tag me if you make it