Manga Discussion Goblin slayer

I thought we had one but i couldn't find the thread so if there is another one feel free to close this
Anyway Goblin slayer is an action and fantasy manga with the main character being goblin slayer, who is an aventurer that has dedicated himself to killing goblins
The manga has around 58 chapters as of now and it also has a 12 episode anime that came out a couple of years ago (dope as hell) so you could start with the anime if you like
This series is seinen and contain a lot of massacre and rape so if you don't wanna see that stuff stay away
Lastly it has some of the thiccest and hotest waifus you will ever see so don't miss out

Last edited:
I read only the manga for Goblin slayer as x every other manga, anyway, it is dope, original, I like the art, it is pretty dark in the majority of chapters and the MC is very likable (not a Jesus MC, not even close, just a weirdo veteran, not OP at all, adventurer who is bent on slaying goblins to a ridicoulous level also he is rarely saved by plot power).

But there is a but. I loved this manga at the beginning but now it is clear the story is not going anywhere, it seems there is a repetition of old stuff and even if there is a small character development for the MC there is neither a power up or some sort of aim for the story aside from trying to kill every single living goblin (there is the resurrection of the dark gods on the background but every time this is even mentioned GS cuts this crap to get to the important stuff, so basically it is comic relief and it seems it will stay this way).
Post automatically merged:

The last chapter was quite dark even for GS standards, it could even be the darkest so far anyway it was nice to see/focus on all that planning and what happens as for preparations for quests, that Leeroy Jenkins dude was also annoying but somewhat needed. Yet again I fell the novel is really not going anywhere, it seems like it is a slice of life of a veteran adventurer and nothing more.

Another nice chapter, again there is the contrast about the stupid rookie who acts before thinking who gets saved by the GS squad, plus the priestess is still a bit green and needs the help of GS to lead, the chapter is nice and all but it is a pretty similair to stuff we have already seen plenty of times (just with the focus on the party managment this time). Vs the goblin champion, vs the ogre, vs the goblin lord.. the problem is that it is a very nice slice of life of an adventurer (GS) but the story is actually going nowhere.

I guess I will keep talking with myself in this thread lol. Also wondering how many posts I can merge..

The story about the arrogant young guy seems to be closing to its end, maybe it has already ended. The problem is always the same, it seems the story is not going anywhere. Yet in the end there was an interesting inner conflict for GS at the end of the chapter, first time in the manga and also should mean something since it seemed important even more since GS is always stoic. So there is a turning point in the plot now or never, anyway it is almost assured at this point that all the popularity this manga had at the beginning is almost totally depleted. At best some memes survive (and fhe reason is always the stagnant plot..).

So let's keep going with the combo. Chapter 65, I hoped the situation at the end of chapter 64 could bring some sort of fast visible turning point but nope, there is a flash forward from the helmetless GS grieving alone in an alley at night to him and other veterans training the green horns in bright day. Maybe some little character development for GS (towards the road of making him more himan and less goblin obsessed) at the end of the chapter and nothing else. Still hope the story one day will lead somewhere but right now it is just a slice of life of this goblin slayer adventurer with a bit of character development.

Skip a couple chapters maybe, now there is the "training greenhorns" chapters, some hints at GS by the greenhorns, priest and elf kick in and at the end of the chapter GS goes to the bar with Guts and the spear guy. Did I mention this manga is going nowhere?

Guess what? About a year passed by and nobody ever cared to resuscitate the thread. Not surprising. Sadly this manga keeps doing the same things: goblin slayer party go slaying goblins in caves etc. But the plot is absolutely still. Not an upgrade in the enemy, not a real advancement in the party, GS seems to have a barely noticeable character development (care a tiny bit less about goblins). Sometimes somebody joins for an hunt or more but that has already been done plenty too. Too bad. If it kept the aura of the first chapters and advanced with an interesting plot, a bit more shounen without the excessive plotpower and way less "slice of life" of an adventurer it would have kept the interest it provoked at first. It could even become some sort of copy of berserk, there is still the hype of the moons and its connection to the goblin, demon lords and all that stuff but it is useless speculation about something that could have been at this point.

Last edited: