Gohoumei and Chu - what to expect?

I had made a comment about this under my profile not long ago but I figured, why not make it a thread?

So, as we know, a three year long Qin-Wei alliance was made. This way, Qin can focus its strenght on bringing Zhao down.

Wei, throughout those three years, will try to expand westward - they in fact started their invasion of Han - then "take everything to the south of Juuko from Chu". They see Juuko (which they acquired fighting with Qin) as an important centerpiece in between four states.

While Tou thinks they'll only be able to take the area around Juuko and nothing more.

Though the context and the details of this aren't given, in this time there's been at least one battle between Wei and Chu.
Which didn't go...particularly well for Wei lol.

Anyway, like the title says, what to expect from Homei and Chu?

Should he enjoy success, it would properly hype up the future Qin/Wei match.
Also:
Homei's father, Gokei, was a commander with huge portrayal behind him. Which included, ironically, being called "a most dangerous threat to all the neighbouring states of Wei".

I think Hara will ultimately have Homei at on the same lv of his father, if not even slightly better (might not have his weakness, for example). And this goes back to, once again, delivering the hype for the war with Qin.

While Chu is the freaking superpower Chu (and they're stronger than they have ever been) and Renpa memes aside, I think Homei should enjoy at least some degree of success there. I think that, throughout these three years, Hara will have him grow further and score his victories. His army will probably become stronger too and enjoy possible addictions like Gaimou and others.

And it would be great if some of his battles there get shown.

So, what will Homei do in Chu?

1. Score some victories and take territory from them like he said he would.

2. He won't be able to take much or anything more at all (aside from Juuko), like Tou said. Chu will prove to be too strong for him to ultimately enjoy that much success there. Hara might show other instances of his hype/growth in other ways.

@TheKnightOfTheSea @Blackbeard @Great General Kanki @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @FW123 @Seth @Nidai_Kitetsu @Shanks @Yo Tan Wa @Luffy is the mc @SakazOuki
@MarineHQ etc.

Last edited:

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
I had made a comment about this under my profile not long ago but I figured, why not make it a thread?

So, as we know, a three year long Qin-Wei alliance was made. This way, Qin can focus its strenght on bringing Zhao down.

Wei, throughout those three years, will try to expand westward - they in fact started their invasion of Han - then "take everything to the south of Juuko from Chu". They see Juuko (which they acquired fighting with Qin) as an important centerpiece in between four states.

While Tou thinks they'll only be able to take the area around Juuko and nothing more.

Though the context and the details of this aren't given, in this time there's been at least one battle between Wei and Chu.
Which didn't go...particularly well for Wei lol.

Anyway, like the title says, what to expect from Homei and Chu?

Also:
Homei's father, Gokei, was a commander with huge portrayal behind him. Which included, ironically, being called "a most dangerous threat to all the neighbouring states of Wei".

I think Hara will ultimately have Homei at on the same lv of his father, if not even slightly better (might not have his weakness, for example). And this goes back to, once again, delivering the hype for the war with Qin.

While Chu is the freaking superpower Chu (and they're stronger than they have ever been) and Renpa memes aside, I think Homei should enjoy at least some degree of success there. I think that, throughout these three years, Hara will have him grow further and score his victories. His army will probably become stronger too and enjoy possible addictions like Gaimou and others.

And it would be great if some of his battles there get shown.

So, what will Homei do in Chu?

1. Score some victories and take territory from them like he said he would.

2. He won't be able to take much or anything more at all (aside from Juuko), like Tou said. Chu will prove to be too strong for him to ultimately enjoy that much success there. Hara might show other instances of his hype/growth in other ways.

@TheKnightOfTheSea @Blackbeard @Great General Kanki @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @FW123 @Seth @Nidai_Kitetsu @Shanks @Yo Tan Wa @Luffy is the mc @SakazOuki
@MarineHQ etc.
Either what you say in point 1 or he gets used for Kouen's official debut and he completely fucks him up.

I still think Gohoumei will end up being a much bigger threat than most people give him credit for. Maybe not like Riboku, but pretty close. He's going to cause some damage before he bites the dust.

At the same time, I think the other states wont have as many campaigns as Zhao, partly due to not wanting to extend the manga by 2000 chapters (and also I think it's historically accurate that they wont take as much time). At best, he may take some territory from Chu, but it will be offscreen. .

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
@God Buggy To expand my thought.

I don't think hara will wait with Kouen's debut until Qin/Shin finally get to meet him and get fucked up.

I think we might get a glimpse of it soon and it might happen with Homei. Hara doesn't even have to fully exploit Kouen's pros and cons.

He can just do a typical:
- Homei arrives
- He has the advantage and thinks the W is his.
- His soldiers inform him that massive army has surrounded them.
- The next panel is Homei's army defeated ( Homei running away or not, you choose ).
- Official intro for Kouen, he says some words and we don't see him until Qin invasion/Shin encounter.

ps. Take it with a grain of salt. I'm beyond hype on Kouen. I hyped myself for his debut so much that I have 59458454 different scenarios for it.

Last we heard was that GHM was around Han, right?

I don't expect to see any Chu-GHM confrontation as such. I do think Chu and Han will come together and I believe they'll take something - perhaps Juuko. But I don't see GHM being a factor, simply because I'd be surprised if Hara dehypes him. He's the poster boy of Wei and when it's all said and done, we'll be talking of him in the same breath as we do RSJ, minus the incredible leadership (GHM won't ever have that charisma).

I believe GHM is already above Gokei, for the record. At least, if we factor in commander strength.

I'll take that Houmei will be like Ordo againts Shibashou. a part of Chu (Kouen or another is okay) defend very well againts Houmei. But it's better not Kouen actually. Why to show that there is someone who repel Houmei while preserving Kouen. So that Chu warfare can't be calculated easily. Monsters go last...

But i think Houmei will have a win againts Han Nation so that Wei can put some soldier sat (former) Han. Then, after the 3 years deal is finished, Houmei vs Tou as they had said deal with each other since Juuko. Tou may have help from north (ousen, Kanki, Mouten, Yotanwa, ouhon, Shin). Since Zhao invasion soldier likely will go to 3 directions.
  • vs Yan (ordo, gekishin, gakuki if alive)
  • Political terms with King of Qi
  • Go south / Wei

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
โ€Ž
I think Houmei will tear off a decent chunk of Chu as his accomplishments. Unpopular opinion but I think what Renpa said to Rien is a foreshadow for this lol.

"Chu is in chaos right now, if I were to be in Zhao, I would hold off the battle with the Wei and tear off a chunk of Chu lands instead."

Can't remember exactly every words that Renpa said but you get the idea lol.

Also:

I'm a huge fan of Gokei, but you think GHM is still inferior as of right now?

I'm a huge fan of Gokei, but you think GHM is still inferior as of right now?
Gokei's portrayal was huge. Someone being say his equal, especially in warfare ability (and leaving aside that stupid mentality thing he had in the context of invaders and where he could have made - and had the ability to make - the correct choice but didn't)...it's a very tall order.

(In that sense, I think you rate Gokei lower than I do).

That being said, it's possible that GHM is not inferior to him currently. And surely, he won't show that same "not retreat against the invader, at any cost" bs.

Last edited:
Gokei's portrayal was huge. Someone being say his equal, especially in warfare ability (and leaving aside that stupid mentality thing he had in the context of invaders and where he could have made - and had the ability to make - the correct choice but didn't)...it's a very tall order.

(In that sense, I think you rate Gokei lower than I do).

That being said, it's possible that GHM is not inferior to him currently. And surely, he won't show that same "not retreat against the invader, at any cost" bs.
Nah I rate him very highly too. My only 'argument' was that Gokei and Reiou weren't far from each other, and Reiou was surpassed 5 years ago.

One thing Gokei has that GHM will never have is physical prowess so I see your point. I do put GHM already on the Q6 level, though.

Nah I rate him very highly too. My only 'argument' was that Gokei and Reiou weren't far from each other, and Reiou was surpassed 5 years ago.
The one thing I'm sure as heck of is that Gokei absolutely was the strongest of the old Wei Fire Dragons. And amongst the very very best minds in China.

But yeah like I said in the other comment, it's certainly possible that GHM isn't below his father anymore currently. And much like his father, he's that one point of reference for Wei.
When the Wei/Qin match is gonna happen, he'll have some monstrous stuff prepared for them.

Last edited: