Great Generals Tournament, Pools-Round 3

Who Wins?

• Total voters

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Since the voting and discussion seems to have wrapped up on Round 2, let us continue!

I will also be making 1 more adjustment to the tournament rules: Looking at the brackets and the matchups, there are some matchups in Round 1 of the tournament that could result in certain Generals who might otherwise go extremely far in the tournament being eliminated in the very first round. For this reason, we will also add a Losers Bracket and instead of single-elimination, each General will need to be eliminated twice before they actually lose (with the exception of the Grand Finals). This will result in some matches where Winners face Losers, and to be fair to the Winners, the Winners will always have a slight numerical advantage against the Losers. Nothing huge, but it will be there lol. That said, let's get this bad boi started up:

Rules:
-Some of the Generals featured in this tournament have only hype and no feats, so just vote based on who you think would win based on whatever reasoning you feel!
-You MUST vote in the poll for your vote to count!
-Discussion is of course always welcome but keep it civil. Feel free to try and persuade each other why the General you feel is stronger overall would win.

Round 3 - Pools

Yo Tan Wa

-Yo Tan Wa has the same army that she brought into Western Zhao, 60,000 Mountain People.
-Subordinate Generals: Bajio, Tajifu, Shunmen, Danto, Katari & Kitari, etc etc.

VERSUS

Hou Ken

-Hou Ken has a smaller version of the army that was placed under him in the Bayou Arc, with only 80,000 Zhao Soldiers.
-Subordinate Generals: Chou Sou, Fuu Ki, Shou Mou, Man Goku, Kou Son Ryou, Ri Haku

A large flatland featuring 2 Central hills (Disregard the 3rd hill for fairness sake lol

Scenario: War to slay the opposing commander or force them to surrender by any means necessary. Literally any strategy or lack-there-of is allowed. If you think one of the Generals would permanently retreat, count that as a loss for that General.

The Winner of this match proceeds on in Winners, the Loser heads to the losers bracket.

Who Wins and Why?

Last edited:
YoTanWa takes this with ease, i mean high diff at most. Reason :

- 60000 mountain men vs 80000 Zhao soldiers would be pretty much one sided for mountain army.

- Once again if it is three or four vs one than even if it is Houken vs YTW Bajio FeegoKing Katari/Kitari (or both) and Houken dies with mid diff at most.

YTW would be thinning out Zhao army than gangbanging Houken.

For making it more interesting, @Admiral Lee Hung why not add CGR and GyouUn (without army) in Zhao side or reducing numbers of YTW army and there major duelists.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars

- 60000 mountain men vs 80000 Zhao soldiers would be pretty much one sided for mountain army.

- Once again if it is three or four vs one than even if it is Houken vs YTW Bajio FeegoKing Katari/Kitari (or both) and Houken dies with mid diff at most.

For making it more interesting, @Admiral Lee Hung why not add CGR and GyouUn (without army) in Zhao side or reducing numbers of YTW army and there major duelists.
They’ve already got Houken himself so I didn’t want to give the zhao too many people lol.

But rest assured, Gyou Un and CGR will show up in this tourney lol.
Post automatically merged:

But I am also inclined to say Yo Tan Wa takes this one. The Mountain People are much stronger than a standard Zhao Army and for this reason, Yo Tan Wa’s army would pretty much whop the Zhao lol.

Plus Yo Tan Wa’s generals here are > Hou Ken’s generals. It’s not a huge gap or anything but she does have the advantage there.

The only advantage the Hou Ken army has is Hou Ken himself, and I’m sorry but Hou Ken isn’t overcoming such odds lol.

The Yo Tan Wa army takes this.

They’ve already got Houken himself so I didn’t want to give the zhao too many people lol.

But I am also inclined to say Yo Tan Wa takes this one. The Mountain People are much stronger than a standard Zhao Army and for this reason, Yo Tan Wa’s army would pretty much whop the Zhao lol.

Plus Yo Tan Wa’s generals here are > Hou Ken’s generals. It’s not a huge gap or anything but she does have the advantage there.

The only advantage the Hou Ken army has is Hou Ken himself, and I’m sorry but Hou Ken isn’t overcoming such odds lol.

The Yo Tan Wa army takes this.
Ok

Now that you put it this way, I’m too thinking that Houken might not be able to pull this one off. Can I change my vote.? Lol

I'll be waiting. Lol

Just meant to add both or either of them to move army in much better way (strategically or instictually) so that somehow Zhao could put some pressure or good show on YTW army.

Now that you put it this way, I’m too thinking that Houken might not be able to pull this one off. Can I change my vote.? Lol
Yup. You can change it.

Zhao after employing all 90k soldiers under Kou Sun Ryou were getting torned apart by just a portion of YTW army which was of only 60k.

Chou mou, KSR and RiHaku were good but will be pretty underwhelming in front of YTW army.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I'll be waiting. Lol

Just meant to add both or either of them to move army in much better way (strategically or instictually) so that somehow Zhao could put some pressure or good show on YTW army.

Yup. You can change it.

Zhao after employing all 90k soldiers under Kou Sun Ryou were getting torned apart by just a portion of YTW army which was of only 60k.

Chou mou, KSR and RiHaku were good but will be pretty underwhelming in front of YTW army.
I agree, Hou Ken’s generals were not weak but they are not on the level of Yo Tan Wa’s. Kou Son Ryu and Shou Mou probably being the strongest of them overall, but I think all of YTW’s generals are above them overall.

@TheAncientCenturion do you actually read Kingdom? Lol

Last edited:
@Admiral Lee Hung I would say that Yotanwa and her army will claim victory quite comfortably.

I) Firstly, the average mountain tribe warrior is just straight up superior to every other average soldier from any Chinese army. An army of 50,000 tribal warriors was able to single handedly dominate a Zhao army that was nearly double it’s size at a number of 90,000 with contemptuous ease.

Even when faced with a numerically superior mixed army of Zhao and Quanrong forces such as this.

The Mountain Tribes still decimated the opposing army despite being in an exhausted state.

II) Secondly, the Yotanwa Army has far more dualists at it’s disposal than the Houken Army possesses. Literally every single named individual is at bare minimum an Advanced Dualist.

The Houken Army only has Houken himself, Shou Mou and Mangoku. Mangoku at best is only capable of defeating the likes of Shunmen and Tajifu while Shou Mou would likely be stopped dead in his tracks by Danto, who could go toe to toe with a fresh Rozo despite having continuously fought all day.

Anyone at the level of martial prowess of Bajio or Katari and above requires Houken himself to deal with them.

III) Yotanwa is a superior strategist to everyone in the Zhao Army. She was able to ultimately outmaneuver Shunsuiju, one of Riboku’s most trusted and strategically gifted subordinates. The sheer power of the Yotanwa Army would also take every single Zhao strategist completely by surprise.

I would also say that Rihaku’s defensive tactics will not hold against the power of the Mountain Warriors’ offensive strength. Even if it was then the other portions of the Zhao Army would fall and Rihaku’s forces would get overwhelmed from all sides.

IV) After the downfall of the Zhao Army, Houken will ultimately fall one way or another, either through being overwhelmed by countless tribal warriors or getting gangbanged by multiple dualists all at once.

Ultimately, the Yotanwa Army as a whole will simply steamroll the Houken Army through overwhelming offensive power. Even if Houken does his disappearing gimmick and pop up out of nowhere to kill an enemy General, there are too many effective leaders amongst the Yotanwa Army for this strategy to be viable.

Edit: MangaSee images do not permanently stay on posts within this forum, so I am replacing any that are in my posts.

Last edited: