Discussion Power Has Endeavor Actually Become This Strong?

How Hard Will Hood Push Current Endeavor?

• Extreme Diff, Endeavor just barely edges out a win

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Low Diff, Endeavor defeats it very convincingly and without taking wounds

• Neg Diff, Endeavor just casually defeats Hood

• Endeavor still cannot solo Hood

• Total voters

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
So, I've been thinking about this badass moment from Chapter 269 here:

When Endeavor (presumably) defeats a High End Nomu with the help from other Pro Heroes. When looking at a scene like this, it's hard not to compare it to something like Endeavor Vs Hood, as that would be the direct comparison between the two.

Against Hood, Endeavor required the help of Hawks (and technically other pro heroes as well) alongside every last ounce of his own willpower and strength to overcome the Nomu, and still ended up seriously injured afterward. Here though...Endeavor defeats this Nomu without that much trouble, seemingly without really taking any injuries at all.

So, the question must be asked:

Has Endeavor really become so powerful that he is capable of defeating High End Nomus this convincingly?

At first I pretty much disregarded this feat because Endeavor received help from the other pro heroes including Ryukyu (who may very well be more powerful than Hawks in terms of just straight up combat ability, Hawks is more balanced in support and rescue), but Endeavor actually does start off fighting the High End 1v1:

As he was alone when it attacked him, so we can assume that he lasted against the thing in terms of 1v1 ability, at least partially.

My opinion:

Endeavor is more experienced now, sure, and I think his overall combat abilities are now higher because of that. The reason that Endeavor defeated this High End so much faster than he defeated the Hood, are for a few reasons and possibilities:

1. Endeavor actually starts off the fight against Hood semi-restraining himself. He believed that his initial Hellflame Punch would've been enough to defeat Hood, as that move is usually all it takes to defeat his opponents, by his own admission.
2. At the beginning of the Hood fight, Endeavor's goal was to capture Hood, not to kill him as he presumably did against this Nomu. Once Endeavor realized how strong Hood was, he changed his agenda into actually killing the thing rather than capturing it.
3. Endeavor arguably had more, and better help against this Nomu than he had against Hood
4. Hood may just be straight up stronger than this Nomu. Hood had a lot more quirks than this Nomu showed. Hood even had lesser Nomu inside of him that he could unleash upon the population lol. Hood also had regeneration which this High End seems to lack. Endeavor's issues were not that he couldn't disintegrate, severely wound, or even land hits on Hood, his issue was that Hood kept regenerating so Endeavor was forced to completely incinerate him. A simple Hellflame Punch to the head which presumably killed this High End would not defeat Hood.
5. I hinted at this above, but the main difference between Endeavor's fight against this Nomu and the fight against Hood, is his experience. Endeavor knows not to play around with these Nomu now, as he knows how strong they are capable of being. I doubt he went into this fight with any intent to try and capture this Nomu. He is probably in full on kill mode against these Nomu now and knows not to underestimate him.

So that's just my opinion lol.

But still, how strong has Endeavor actually become?

@RayanOO @Ice devil slayer @TheAncientCenturion @NeutralWatcher @Zowo @playa4321 @Dark Admiral @Finalbeta etc

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I don't think Endeavor becomes that much stronger : I think it is a mix of all you said :

- Hood was stronger : a HE needs 10 hours to stabilize himself and Hood was fully awake. The HE in the lab has been awakened for 10/15 minutes at best. Numerous times the HE said that they were not fully awakened, that their eyes were not fully opened.

So Hood was better.

- Endeavor has more experience : Endeavor didn't know anything about HE back then and he discovered things against Hood : the regen, the multiples quirks, their head weakness etc. So now Endy is more prepared to fight them. And now he is in full kill mode.

But I don't think he became stronger. Maybe his resolve and his will is a bit better.

- He had 10 heroes with him who immobilized the HE so Endy just had to puch his brain out.

All in all I think current Endy can maybe take down Hood solo but it will still be a very hard fight.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I think Endeavor's tapped out potential wise. That's why Shoto's around.

Hood needed a crazy 9 hours to fully wake up and become combat ready, these guys have been around for about ten minutes. Miruko herself fought them for less than five and felt them slowly get more and more combat proficient. So Hood should be >> High Ends that aren't fully awake yet.

Then there's the fact Endeavor's going for the kill here. Unlike with Hood, Endeavor isn't trying to capture Nomu Chick. And he did have a dragon and a bunch of other heroes help with the final blow. She didn't seem like she had many options to dodge. (Not sure if she's actually dead, I sort of doubt it. But def being restrained.)

The things is, back then he wanted to capture Hood alive at first, and only after suffering some serious wounds that he decided to kill it. To be honest, I think that even back then when he encountered Hood, he could have won a bit easier if he went for the kill from the start.

Hood was his first High End he fought against so I think he wasn’t expecting the power difference between Hood and the other Nomus. Ever since then he hasn’t been fighting so recklessly and isn’t taking any chances. If he would have fought Hood knowing about the power difference I don’t think he would have came back with half his face scarred but he still would have taken damage. Endeavor high diffs.