Powers & Abilities How Devil Fruits Alter Bodies

Hello Worstgen theory community,

I'm going to try to explain to you guys how I believe Devil Fruits alter people's bodies. However, I'm not going to bother explaining all the little details because frankly there's just too many of them.

How Devil Fruits Alter Bodies
Devil Fruits contain electromagnetic radiation in the form of light emissions. This radiation is capable of altering DNA. In other words, all Devil Fruit users are mutants. However, the specific kind of light creating the light emissions is derived of souls. It's Soul Light, and it's Divine in nature. It's Haki. (Divine Light).

Haki of the Color of the Supreme King, Haki of the Color of Armaments, and Haki of the Color of Observation are Soul Abilities. The ultimate Soul Abilities include things like The Voice of All Things. I believe The Voice of All Things was involved in the creation of Devil Fruits, and this is why they contain electromagnetic properties.

Someone used The Voice of All Things to create Devil Fruits. The Voice of All Things is a Soul based ability, and Soul abilities are based on Divine Light Emissions and Radiation in the form of Electromagnetic Forces (otherwise called Subtle Energies).

I may edit this a little later.... but, I think I said what I needed to say about it... for now...

Last edited:
Get off my post. If you're only going to wait for things to be spelled out for you by the author himself through Dr. Vegapunk in a way a child could understand it, then do that. Don't come here just to say everybody should wait for that instead of make their own ideas. This is a theory section. If you're too uncreative for it, that's no one's fault but your own.

Additionally, there's a lot of evidence that suggests Devil Fruits contain electromagnetic radiation. However, the most telling thing of all is the fact that they say the abilities aren't based on magic. They keep repeating that phrase.

Here's why: it's not magic, but it's pretty close! It's pseudo-science. Specifically, the kind dealing with metaphysics.

Auras and stuff like that are just biofields created through biochemical reactions taking place inside people's bodies. You can explain all of the things happening in this story with the application of metaphysics. It's what bridges normal things and magical/fantastical things. It's what makes it seem like magic.
Post automatically merged:

This is a common theme in science fiction particularly in Anime.

Toriko = Gourmet Cells and Appetite Energy
Dragon Ball = S Cells and Ki Energy
Star Wars = Midichlorians and The Force

Its just something in the molecular activity that speaks of biophotons and how souls are light and light is a form of energy..

I believe in this story, there is such a plot device in place. It's Haki, and it involves an All-is-one concept and a cosmic force concept as well as a universal law concept.

Presupposing souls are all connected to God, and all things are part of creation, the Voice of All Things is a Creation Ability based on understanding the subtle energies that go into creating any single thing.

The way that is achieved is by an understanding of Shadow Form or what's referred to as Platonic Form. It is an understanding of the essence of things, and what their original forms are.

Haki is the all is one concept (souls). The cosmic force is the heavens. The universal laws are actually things like.. The law of attraction.. Luffy actually abides by like every law of the universe which is why he's so favored by the heavens and fate favors him. He does it so much it's blatantly obvious, actually.

Last edited:
I just don't like people who are uninterested in exploring theories coming to a theory section and showing their ugly faces.

While I'm here I might as well add something....

The exact reason why Devil Fruits taste bad might be because it's highly irradiated food.

In the food market, there's many types of food that is irradiated. At high doses of radiation, the food begins to taste bad. Commercial products are given the highest dose possible as long as it doesn't change the taste of the food itself.

Devil Fruits taste extremely bad..... that indicates that the food itself may be extremely irradiated.

In addition to this, when Kaku first ate his he said it felt like there was a gravitational force coming from the Devil Fruit -- it wasn't a gravitational force, it was an electromagnetic force. There's only 4 universal forces; the strong and weak nuclear forces, gravitational force, and the electromagnetic force. Of the 4 of them, the most likely one he could have sensed was the electromagnetic force (he felt it through his own aura).

When it comes to the taste... I had two ideas on it. I settled on the one above. I mean, there are ways to explain why it tastes bad.

1. The Devil Fruits were created with the use of a machine.
- By using molecular signatures, the Ancient Kingdom was able to recreate food. But, the food lacked taste. The reason is because... they could create form, but not substance. This is a Star Trek based idea that I came up with a couple years ago.

However, that idea doesn't make nearly as much sense as the one I'm currently using.

2. The Devil Fruits are highly irradiated.
- By combining Divine Power with a Fruit-Bearing Tree, Divine Fruits were produced: The Voice of All Things was combined with either a single fruit-bearing tree or a variety of fruit-bearing trees and they created Divine Fruits/Devil Fruits. However, the Divine Power is actually the Electromagnetic Force.... and is a form of radiation. Therefore, the fruits taste bad when a lot of it [Haki] is combined with it.

Side-note: The SMILE fruits, in contrast to actual Devil Fruits, taste good. The reason for this might be because there is less radiation contained in them.

Last edited: