Theory How did Jimbei escape? He teamed up with Big Mom against Blackbeard in WCI. Blackbeard and his blockade of WCI

• Thread starter critical mindset
  • Start date
C

critical mindset

Hello dear readers! Please take a seat while Monet pour us some drinks and bring us some cookies and sweets impounded from a BM pirates shipment (I'm Vergo, I can do shit like that, you know). So now, let's dive into it.

This is a speculation on how the events in WCI unfolded after the Strawhats left WCI and headed for Wano. I believe that Blackbeard joined the battle with his crew and clashed with the Big Mom pirates. To support this idea I use some historical facts about the historical Blackebeard and other material to speculate as to what may have gone down in WCI after the Strawhats managed to escape the territory.

This is a theory I wrote a while ago but which I think is relevant to bring to your attention at this moment!

Introduction

When Jimbei joined up with Aladdin he told him that they were all going to return home safely and that no fishman was going to die on his watch. Aladdin seemed sure that they could ensure a secure getaway for Jimbei and the Strawhats, although that this would likely result in their demise. It would take them several hours to escape her territories even with their aid to steer the sea currents to help them escape Big Mom's territories, hence Aladdin was confident enough to be able to hold back their forces long enough to see them off safely. Aladdin and Jimbei were both part of Big Mom's crew and so should have knowledge about the strength that they're now up against. Aladdin might not have included Big Mom in this equation, only the Big Mom fleet seeing that they were anticipating Big Mom to die and and they might not have known that Big Mom would get fully recuperated from eating the cake. However, with Jimbei saying that he will let everyone return safely I think that means that with JimbeI joining their ranks, he was confident enough that they’d actually have the upper hand against Big Mom and her forces (that's how strong fishmen are in their home turf).

Jimbei is saying this to Aladdin knowing full well that Big Mom is on full pursuit playing catch up with the Strawhats. I think it's fair to say that Jimbei is no shit-talker and that he knows what he's talking about.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Wggg3_DO...dL6lw6PmN2U4BfCd1nhNwCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/015.jpg

This time around he can also give his all in battle without having to consider the safety of the Strawhats. This held him back before seeing that the Thousand Sunny was surrounded by battleships from every corner and thus Jimbei had to stay put on the ship to protect his friends/crew mates. I don't think he could go full out against Big Mom lest the ship be destroyed. As a result he was constrained in his role as a fighter. Now, however, that the Strawhats are off on a safe distance Jimbei can freely use the sea as his battlefield as he pleases. The son of the sea is on the move!

We know that Jimbei received his blackbelt in fishman karate at an early age and that he's an extremely proficient practitioner of this martial arts style. But more importantly, the true strength of fishman karate is fishman ninjutsu where one controls the sea. We saw Jimbei being able to hurl giant whirlpools of water at Impel Down so he's got it going on in that area. Jimbeis epithet is 'the son of the sea' and he's highly respected by admirals, Gorosei and yonkos alike. As you surely recall, Jimbei noted that when fishmen join forces they can change the sea currents. That goes to show that they're a force to be reckoned with seeing that the water is their forte.

Hence, what I think happened is that Jimbei fought Big Mom while the Vinsmokes helped out against the Big Mom forces and together they managed to even push them back (Jimbei vs Big Mom, Aladdin's forces and the Vinsmokes vs Big Mom fleet). We saw a clash between Aladdin and Oven and as we see Aladdin scolding Jimbei for not having faith in their ability to handle the situation (in the panel I shown above). Oven can heat the water so he was the biggest threat that the fleet posed to the sun pirates. I think Aladdin took him out and that's why he was angry at Jimbei when he later showed up; they actually had the handle on the situation and Jimbei disrespected them by not seeming to think they were strong enough (the Sun pirates didn't know Big Mom was on the move, though). Jimbei simply replied that he trusted them but that with his help they'll be strong enough to make sure that none of them gets killed.

The battle will effectively end in a stalemate. Big Mom will try her best to defeat Jimbei but realises that they chose to wrong place to fight against fishmen. When Jimbei and Co make the judgement call that the Strawhats are safely off they decide that the time is right to escape. However, then someone else decides to enter and shake things up even more...

How does Blackebard come into all of this

Credit goes to the youtuber Blackleg Vinsmoke who noticed this on the cover page in chapter 902 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrWlk2RphQE

As you can see in the video, these characters look conspicuously similar to these members of the Blackbeard pirates. So does that mean the Blackbeard pirates have a role to play in the WCI arc and that this is a foreshadowing of this? I think so and I will explain why.

Blackbeard definitely needs some road poneglyphs for us to feel that he stands a fighting chance against Luffy in his quest to find the One Piece. Lufft will of course find the OP but I don't think it's a given he will be the first one to find Raftel, it might be Blackbeard. Consequently, he will need to face Big Mom sooner or later. It's also not stretch to think he is stronger than her at the moment seeing the that he definitely will be one of the strongest opponents at the end of the series.

Historical Blackbeard

So now I want to focus on the historical Blackbeard and how he relates to this.

Edward Teach's (aka Blackbeard) was famous for marauding the Caribbean and struck fear into hearts of sailors carrying valuable cargo in and out of the British colonies (likely he has pirates under his wing attacking merchant and cargo ships such as the like of Pinkbeard). Blackebard took advantage of the power vacuum that followed after the seven years war that had been a global conflict involving all major European powers that were heavily weakened by the conflict (analogous to how Blackbeard captured WB's territories and established himself as a Yonko).

However, one of his most audacious exploits was his blockade of the town Charleston, North Carolina, which was a British colonial town where he looted several ships and held several prominent people hostage. However, he made only one ransom demand: for the exchange of prisoners he wanted a chest of medicine. He threatened the colonial government that if they were not forthcoming with the medical supplies the prisoners would not see the light of day. This was a daring way to challenge the British authorities and which made him famous throughout the pirate world.

Myths regarding Blackbeard was that he used to put fuses in his hair and beard that he then lit on fire so that the fuses would be sputtering and give off a lot of smoke. This would give him an almost devilish appearance. So one might say that Blackbeard had a sense for theatrics and showmanship and a keen understand that image matters. This is also characteristic for the Blackbeard that we have come to know as Marshall D Teach who also displays a similar trait of swagger like when he entered Marineford and did his little performance that he showcased to the entire world.

Some parallel to Blackbeard’s entry into WCI

I think Blackbeard enjoyed watching the battle unfold and then when everyone were weary from the fight he decided to make his dramatic entrance by first creating a giant smokescreen from which he and his crew mates (perhaps not all but at least the ones listed above plus Burgess, he would be great for this kind of scene) would be entering all laughing with a lust for excitement and fighting. Like the historical Blackbeard he will have put fuses into his hair and beard and give off the pyrotechnical effects that makes for a flashy and scary entrance. Blackbeard will then remark on the fight saying something to the effect of: "I very much enjoyed seeing you go head-to-head. I must say, not bad at all. However, all fun things must eventually come to an end - and now your fun is up. I'm not here to cause any more trouble than I have to. I'm here to take the Road Poneglyph that you keep stacked here on your island (he looks at Big Mom with an eerie smile). If you don't give it to us willingly then me and my crew will have to resort to violence which will inevitably result in the death of many citizens and the destruction of your country. The choice is yours. You have 24 hours".

The epic battle

This will likely upset Big Mom who is already on the warpath and orders her fleet to engage the Blackpeard pirates with all that they've got. She herself has her eyes set on Blackbeard and goes on a full throttle attack against him.

Unfortunately for the Big Mom pirates they are overwhelmed in the face of the Blackbeard pirates. The Vimsmokes escape from the chaos while they still can while Jimbei and the others are worried about how the fight will unfold. When Jimbei see that the Big Mom pirates are losing Jimbei fears what will happen to WCI and the casualties and the destruction that will result if the Blackbeard pirates walk away victorious. Jimbei then decides to join forces with Big Mom in order to expel Blackbeard away from her territories. With the aid of Jimbei and his fellow fishmen this results in a stalemate.

The blockade

Blackbeard consequently goes on to propose a truce and threatens to blockade Whole Cake Island until as long as they give in to his demands: to give him the road poneglyph (the 'chest of medicine' in this example). If they dont he will call upon reinforcements. Now he of course doesnt just want a copy or a replica because they might produce a counterfeit, hence he wants the physical poneglyph: Blackbeard will now come to have the real road poneglyph in his possession.

Blackbeard might hold family members hostage and with the added threats of reinforcements to bout Big Mom feels forced to comply. We might see Big Mom ask Mont D'or if they can set free the mythical beasts they've captured to join the battle (I've speculated in one of my theories that she has captured mythical dragons that are of the western kind (whereas Kaido is an eastern dragon)) and now that Katakuri and all her commanders are gathered she might feel emboldened to counterattack.

However, I think we might see Aokiji arriving with reinforcements and this is when Big Mom gets scared and tells them that they're not going to resist them and that they're free to collect the poneglyph. I think we might see Aokiji and Jesus Burgess arrive ashore where they're handed the road poneglyph. Jesus Burgess will of course have his trademark laugh 'wehahaha' and parade around WCI like he owns the place with everyone glaring at him (lol, that'd be fun watch) and the Blackbeard pirates laughing at the funny site. We might even see Burgess knock down a few buildings from the excitement to humiliate them even further (lololol) and the BM pirates are just standing there indignantly. Aokiji then tells him to knock it off before he provokes them any further. Burgess is of course very physically strong so he can carry the poneglyph himself and the last thing the BM pirates hear from their exchange is the 'wehahahaha' laugh that goes of into the distance.

When the other crew members ask Blackbeard whether or not he's going to kill the family members they hold captive in order to steal the devil fruits they might possess. Blackbeard releases the prisoners and simply answers that they got what they wanted and that he has more important things on his mind right now (something related to Reverie perhaps) but that next time he faces the Big Mom pirates he vows to make sure to wipe them out; next time he faces Big Mom he will be the one to kill her (and I think he will).

Is there anyway to make sense of this theory from what has transpired thus far?

When we see the Strawhats in the next chapter a few days may have transpired. We get to read the newspaper article and Blackbeard laughs at the idea of him being a yonko saying that he's got potential but that he's not there yet; this statement would hold true seeing that he had not long ago fought the exact same Yonko as the article revolves around.

Big Mom scoffs at the idea of Luffy being the 'victor' and one might say that she seemed pretty confident and she seems to think she's all-that when she says 'when exactly did I lose'. If she in fact suffered a heavy defeat at the hands of Blackbeard then she wouldn't have been so self-assertive in this way, one might say, and instead would instead be furious and heavily upset about this additional insult to injury for having her name tarnished on top of the shame she already feels. So might not that perhaps invalidate my speculation?

However, this might be a way to compensate for the lowered self-esteem wrought by the sting of defeat. This enterprise of going after Luffy to Wano, even risking angering Kaido, might be a last stand for her where she does this to save face and restore her wounded pride by killing Luffy. Now this is a very drastic move but I feel that there must be a very personal motivation that has struck her very close to home for her to be motivated to follow the Strawhats even to Elbaf where I think she’ll go in order for us to explore some aspects of Elbaf seen from Big Mom's vantage point and through her history with the people there. Now going to Wano, let alone Elbaf, is a highly venturesome campaign that wouldn’t otherwise be undertaken were it not for the fact that it’s borne out of deep feelings of of hurt and disgrace that has haunted her ever since, and that the only way to alleviate her suffering is by taking her vengeance on the one who caused it all to happen, to make him pay for what he did: Monkey D Luffy.

Big news Morgan from the World Economic Journal might've been ordered by his overlords, the Gorosei, not to to write about what transpired because of the panic it would cause and the fear that more pirates would swell his ranks, eager to join and hitch their wagon to a rising star: Blackbeard. Blackbeard will have to be discussed at the Reverie, naturally, and so we might see that he's the big topic being discussed of how to deal with him. Just like when the historical Blackbeard inspired a great pirate age with his blockade of Charleston, Marshall D Teach might also inspired pirates to take up his Jolly Roger once word gets out about what truly happened. Now the WG would rather see that they join Strawhat rather than Blackbeard seeing that the later is considerably more dangerous and more meddlesome threat to the WG. That's why they saw to it that Morgan wrote an article that portrayed Luffy in a very positive light to redirect attention to him and to keep a lid on the real news about what happened during the BM vs BB clash. The world must not know the full extent of BBs power lest the people be thrown into panic and distress. But the Gorosei know and the marines know and they have all now decided that Blackbeard is their top priority and that he must be stopped at all costs.

Now with Jimbei in Whole Cake Island I think this is how it all went down and I would like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Hello dear readers! Please take a seat while Monet pour us some drinks and bring us some cookies and sweets impounded from a BM pirates shipment (I'm Vergo, I can do shit like that, you know). So now, let's dive into it.

This is a speculation on how the events in WCI unfolded after the Strawhats left WCI and headed for Wano. I believe that Blackbeard joined the battle with his crew and clashed with the Big Mom pirates. To support this idea I use some historical facts about the historical Blackebeard and other material to speculate as to what may have gone down in WCI after the Strawhats managed to escape the territory.

This is a theory I wrote a while ago but which I think is relevant to bring to your attention at this moment!

Introduction

When Jimbei joined up with Aladdin he told him that they were all going to return home safely and that no fishman was going to die on his watch. Aladdin seemed sure that they could ensure a secure getaway for Jimbei and the Strawhats, although that this would likely result in their demise. It would take them several hours to escape her territories even with their aid to steer the sea currents to help them escape Big Mom's territories, hence Aladdin was confident enough to be able to hold back their forces long enough to see them off safely. Aladdin and Jimbei were both part of Big Mom's crew and so should have knowledge about the strength that they're now up against. Aladdin might not have included Big Mom in this equation, only the Big Mom fleet seeing that they were anticipating Big Mom to die and and they might not have known that Big Mom would get fully recuperated from eating the cake. However, with Jimbei saying that he will let everyone return safely I think that means that with JimbeI joining their ranks, he was confident enough that they’d actually have the upper hand against Big Mom and her forces (that's how strong fishmen are in their home turf).

Jimbei is saying this to Aladdin knowing full well that Big Mom is on full pursuit playing catch up with the Strawhats. I think it's fair to say that Jimbei is no shit-talker and that he knows what he's talking about.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Wggg3_DO...dL6lw6PmN2U4BfCd1nhNwCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/015.jpg

This time around he can also give his all in battle without having to consider the safety of the Strawhats. This held him back before seeing that the Thousand Sunny was surrounded by battleships from every corner and thus Jimbei had to stay put on the ship to protect his friends/crew mates. I don't think he could go full out against Big Mom lest the ship be destroyed. As a result he was constrained in his role as a fighter. Now, however, that the Strawhats are off on a safe distance Jimbei can freely use the sea as his battlefield as he pleases. The son of the sea is on the move!

We know that Jimbei received his blackbelt in fishman karate at an early age and that he's an extremely proficient practitioner of this martial arts style. But more importantly, the true strength of fishman karate is fishman ninjutsu where one controls the sea. We saw Jimbei being able to hurl giant whirlpools of water at Impel Down so he's got it going on in that area. Jimbeis epithet is 'the son of the sea' and he's highly respected by admirals, Gorosei and yonkos alike. As you surely recall, Jimbei noted that when fishmen join forces they can change the sea currents. That goes to show that they're a force to be reckoned with seeing that the water is their forte.

Hence, what I think happened is that Jimbei fought Big Mom while the Vinsmokes helped out against the Big Mom forces and together they managed to even push them back (Jimbei vs Big Mom, Aladdin's forces and the Vinsmokes vs Big Mom fleet). We saw a clash between Aladdin and Oven and as we see Aladdin scolding Jimbei for not having faith in their ability to handle the situation (in the panel I shown above). Oven can heat the water so he was the biggest threat that the fleet posed to the sun pirates. I think Aladdin took him out and that's why he was angry at Jimbei when he later showed up; they actually had the handle on the situation and Jimbei disrespected them by not seeming to think they were strong enough (the Sun pirates didn't know Big Mom was on the move, though). Jimbei simply replied that he trusted them but that with his help they'll be strong enough to make sure that none of them gets killed.

The battle will effectively end in a stalemate. Big Mom will try her best to defeat Jimbei but realises that they chose to wrong place to fight against fishmen. When Jimbei and Co make the judgement call that the Strawhats are safely off they decide that the time is right to escape. However, then someone else decides to enter and shake things up even more...

How does Blackebard come into all of this

Credit goes to the youtuber Blackleg Vinsmoke who noticed this on the cover page in chapter 902 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrWlk2RphQE

As you can see in the video, these characters look conspicuously similar to these members of the Blackbeard pirates. So does that mean the Blackbeard pirates have a role to play in the WCI arc and that this is a foreshadowing of this? I think so and I will explain why.

Blackbeard definitely needs some road poneglyphs for us to feel that he stands a fighting chance against Luffy in his quest to find the One Piece. Lufft will of course find the OP but I don't think it's a given he will be the first one to find Raftel, it might be Blackbeard. Consequently, he will need to face Big Mom sooner or later. It's also not stretch to think he is stronger than her at the moment seeing the that he definitely will be one of the strongest opponents at the end of the series.

Historical Blackbeard

So now I want to focus on the historical Blackbeard and how he relates to this.

Edward Teach's (aka Blackbeard) was famous for marauding the Caribbean and struck fear into hearts of sailors carrying valuable cargo in and out of the British colonies (likely he has pirates under his wing attacking merchant and cargo ships such as the like of Pinkbeard). Blackebard took advantage of the power vacuum that followed after the seven years war that had been a global conflict involving all major European powers that were heavily weakened by the conflict (analogous to how Blackbeard captured WB's territories and established himself as a Yonko).

However, one of his most audacious exploits was his blockade of the town Charleston, North Carolina, which was a British colonial town where he looted several ships and held several prominent people hostage. However, he made only one ransom demand: for the exchange of prisoners he wanted a chest of medicine. He threatened the colonial government that if they were not forthcoming with the medical supplies the prisoners would not see the light of day. This was a daring way to challenge the British authorities and which made him famous throughout the pirate world.

Myths regarding Blackbeard was that he used to put fuses in his hair and beard that he then lit on fire so that the fuses would be sputtering and give off a lot of smoke. This would give him an almost devilish appearance. So one might say that Blackbeard had a sense for theatrics and showmanship and a keen understand that image matters. This is also characteristic for the Blackbeard that we have come to know as Marshall D Teach who also displays a similar trait of swagger like when he entered Marineford and did his little performance that he showcased to the entire world.

Some parallel to Blackbeard’s entry into WCI

I think Blackbeard enjoyed watching the battle unfold and then when everyone were weary from the fight he decided to make his dramatic entrance by first creating a giant smokescreen from which he and his crew mates (perhaps not all but at least the ones listed above plus Burgess, he would be great for this kind of scene) would be entering all laughing with a lust for excitement and fighting. Like the historical Blackbeard he will have put fuses into his hair and beard and give off the pyrotechnical effects that makes for a flashy and scary entrance. Blackbeard will then remark on the fight saying something to the effect of: "I very much enjoyed seeing you go head-to-head. I must say, not bad at all. However, all fun things must eventually come to an end - and now your fun is up. I'm not here to cause any more trouble than I have to. I'm here to take the Road Poneglyph that you keep stacked here on your island (he looks at Big Mom with an eerie smile). If you don't give it to us willingly then me and my crew will have to resort to violence which will inevitably result in the death of many citizens and the destruction of your country. The choice is yours. You have 24 hours".

The epic battle

This will likely upset Big Mom who is already on the warpath and orders her fleet to engage the Blackpeard pirates with all that they've got. She herself has her eyes set on Blackbeard and goes on a full throttle attack against him.

Unfortunately for the Big Mom pirates they are overwhelmed in the face of the Blackbeard pirates. The Vimsmokes escape from the chaos while they still can while Jimbei and the others are worried about how the fight will unfold. When Jimbei see that the Big Mom pirates are losing Jimbei fears what will happen to WCI and the casualties and the destruction that will result if the Blackbeard pirates walk away victorious. Jimbei then decides to join forces with Big Mom in order to expel Blackbeard away from her territories. With the aid of Jimbei and his fellow fishmen this results in a stalemate.

The blockade

Blackbeard consequently goes on to propose a truce and threatens to blockade Whole Cake Island until as long as they give in to his demands: to give him the road poneglyph (the 'chest of medicine' in this example). If they dont he will call upon reinforcements. Now he of course doesnt just want a copy or a replica because they might produce a counterfeit, hence he wants the physical poneglyph: Blackbeard will now come to have the real road poneglyph in his possession.

Blackbeard might hold family members hostage and with the added threats of reinforcements to bout Big Mom feels forced to comply. We might see Big Mom ask Mont D'or if they can set free the mythical beasts they've captured to join the battle (I've speculated in one of my theories that she has captured mythical dragons that are of the western kind (whereas Kaido is an eastern dragon)) and now that Katakuri and all her commanders are gathered she might feel emboldened to counterattack.

However, I think we might see Aokiji arriving with reinforcements and this is when Big Mom gets scared and tells them that they're not going to resist them and that they're free to collect the poneglyph. I think we might see Aokiji and Jesus Burgess arrive ashore where they're handed the road poneglyph. Jesus Burgess will of course have his trademark laugh 'wehahaha' and parade around WCI like he owns the place with everyone glaring at him (lol, that'd be fun watch) and the Blackbeard pirates laughing at the funny site. We might even see Burgess knock down a few buildings from the excitement to humiliate them even further (lololol) and the BM pirates are just standing there indignantly. Aokiji then tells him to knock it off before he provokes them any further. Burgess is of course very physically strong so he can carry the poneglyph himself and the last thing the BM pirates hear from their exchange is the 'wehahahaha' laugh that goes of into the distance.

When the other crew members ask Blackbeard whether or not he's going to kill the family members they hold captive in order to steal the devil fruits they might possess. Blackbeard releases the prisoners and simply answers that they got what they wanted and that he has more important things on his mind right now (something related to Reverie perhaps) but that next time he faces the Big Mom pirates he vows to make sure to wipe them out; next time he faces Big Mom he will be the one to kill her (and I think he will).

Is there anyway to make sense of this theory from what has transpired thus far?

When we see the Strawhats in the next chapter a few days may have transpired. We get to read the newspaper article and Blackbeard laughs at the idea of him being a yonko saying that he's got potential but that he's not there yet; this statement would hold true seeing that he had not long ago fought the exact same Yonko as the article revolves around.

Big Mom scoffs at the idea of Luffy being the 'victor' and one might say that she seemed pretty confident and she seems to think she's all-that when she says 'when exactly did I lose'. If she in fact suffered a heavy defeat at the hands of Blackbeard then she wouldn't have been so self-assertive in this way, one might say, and instead would instead be furious and heavily upset about this additional insult to injury for having her name tarnished on top of the shame she already feels. So might not that perhaps invalidate my speculation?

However, this might be a way to compensate for the lowered self-esteem wrought by the sting of defeat. This enterprise of going after Luffy to Wano, even risking angering Kaido, might be a last stand for her where she does this to save face and restore her wounded pride by killing Luffy. Now this is a very drastic move but I feel that there must be a very personal motivation that has struck her very close to home for her to be motivated to follow the Strawhats even to Elbaf where I think she’ll go in order for us to explore some aspects of Elbaf seen from Big Mom's vantage point and through her history with the people there. Now going to Wano, let alone Elbaf, is a highly venturesome campaign that wouldn’t otherwise be undertaken were it not for the fact that it’s borne out of deep feelings of of hurt and disgrace that has haunted her ever since, and that the only way to alleviate her suffering is by taking her vengeance on the one who caused it all to happen, to make him pay for what he did: Monkey D Luffy.

Big news Morgan from the World Economic Journal might've been ordered by his overlords, the Gorosei, not to to write about what transpired because of the panic it would cause and the fear that more pirates would swell his ranks, eager to join and hitch their wagon to a rising star: Blackbeard. Blackbeard will have to be discussed at the Reverie, naturally, and so we might see that he's the big topic being discussed of how to deal with him. Just like when the historical Blackbeard inspired a great pirate age with his blockade of Charleston, Marshall D Teach might also inspired pirates to take up his Jolly Roger once word gets out about what truly happened. Now the WG would rather see that they join Strawhat rather than Blackbeard seeing that the later is considerably more dangerous and more meddlesome threat to the WG. That's why they saw to it that Morgan wrote an article that portrayed Luffy in a very positive light to redirect attention to him and to keep a lid on the real news about what happened during the BM vs BB clash. The world must not know the full extent of BBs power lest the people be thrown into panic and distress. But the Gorosei know and the marines know and they have all now decided that Blackbeard is their top priority and that he must be stopped at all costs.

Now with Jimbei in Whole Cake Island I think this is how it all went down and I would like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks for reading!
Getting to read another one of your theories has filled me with a sense of satisfaction I haven’t fully felt since the days of OJ, so thank you for that :cheers:

Great analysis as always, but I’m curious about one thing - if escaping WCI was the whole idea, and if you think the Sun Pirates/Vinsmokes were almost free and clear by the time Teach showed up, why would Jinbe turn back and help Big Mom out? He clearly has no true loyalty to her as demonstrated by his remarks at Fishman Island and everything he did in Totto Land, and even if it’s a sense of duty to the regular citizens who live under her rule, what does he genuinely stand to gain by staying behind even longer? Wouldn’t it make more sense to get while the getting’s good and make it to Wano so he could officially join his new crew?

C

critical mindset

Getting to read another one of your theories has filled me with a sense of satisfaction I haven’t fully felt since the days of OJ, so thank you for that :cheers:

Great analysis as always, but I’m curious about one thing - if escaping WCI was the whole idea, and if you think the Sun Pirates/Vinsmokes were almost free and clear by the time Teach showed up, why would Jinbe turn back and help Big Mom out? He clearly has no true loyalty to her as demonstrated by his remarks at Fishman Island and everything he did in Totto Land, and even if it’s a sense of duty to the regular citizens who live under her rule, what does he genuinely stand to gain by staying behind even longer? Wouldn’t it make more sense to get while the getting’s good and make it to Wano so he could officially join his new crew?
. Thanks and Im glad I managed to stir some heartstrings about OJ which was very dear to my heart as well. Some of the old folks also gather at Thrillerbark fyi

Jinbei I believe would have a difficult task escaping, them being fishman notwithstanding, but a distraction like BB (which h also makes sense historically as well as narratively, as BB needs to stay on top of Luffy to advanced the plot conflict) would be the perfect diversion, but out of regard for the welfare of the denizens of WCI whose fate I don't believe Jinbei would turn a blind eye towards, I believe he would stay behind to lend a helping hand. It's just how I imagine him to respond in a situation where civilian lives hang in the balance and he's in position to act. In the aftermath when everything is said and don't think BM would even bother trying to catch Jimbei, simply from weariness and post shock apathy from the whole ordeal + they kind of owed it to Jimbei.