How would his commanders respond if Ousen died?

It really depends on how Ousen would die, if Ousen dies in a war, his loyal subordinates would most likely fight themselves to death due to immense loyalty, of course unless Ousen said to his commanders don't follow him to death like what Ouki did.

If Ousen dies by illness, his commanders would pay respect to him instead of dying alongside him. They're probably not as sentimental as Rinshoujo's 8 of 10 Heroes imo.

We've already seen this scenario play out to some extent.

I think Ousen's vassals are extremely loyal to him but if he died they would likely operate as individual commanders or be integrated into other armies. On the other hand, I think Ousen also appreciates his vassals as seen by Ousen saving Denrimi at Atsuyo despite the Ousen army having a more serious demeanor (strictly business, no sentiment involved).

A Kou would die defending Ou Sen or commit suicide failing that.

Den Ri Mi would wallow in shame and move on after Ou Hon recruited him.

Sou'Ou would move on quickest.
We've never seen Akou lose his composure so it would be interesting to see if he'd go on a suicidal rampage. I could see it, but i don't think it's a guarantee. Obviously, the nature of Ousen's theoretical death would be important. I believe if things happened well beyond Akou's control, he wouldn't blame himself and would go independent.

One could argue that we actually know the least about Akou's personality/mentality of all the current Ousen army commanders.

We've never seen Akou lose his composure so it would be interesting to see if he'd go on a suicidal rampage. I could see it, but i don't think it's a guarantee. Obviously, the nature of Ousen's theoretical death would be important. I believe if things happened well beyond Akou's control, he wouldn't blame himself and would go independent.

One could argue that we actually know the least about Akou's personality/mentality of all the current Ousen army commanders.
I think A Kou is the most predictable of the bunch. Everything about A Kou's character indicates he longs for nothing more than Ou Sen's approval.

He reads to me as a more dogmatic version of Gyou'un. Loyal to a fault, even if it costs him his life or pride. If Ou Sen recruited Shin or Mou Ten and appointed one of them to #1 vassal, A Kou would likely keep his mouth shut, he wouldn't act out so to speak. Certainly not in front of the others.

I don't think a suicidal rampage would necessarily be in the cards if Ou Sen died and A Kou failed to prevent it. I imagine he'd either be dead already or fall into total shock before eventually committing suicide days/weeks later.

A Kou is not the type to judge himself fairly. He judges himself by what he perceives to be his master's standards, and I imagine that demands perfection, if not the closest thing to it. Barring illness, losing his master is not something I think A Kou could survive. I do not get the impression at all he would be interested in being his own man. Perhaps he'd answer the call, similar to A Kou and CGR, to avenge his master. Perhaps he too could be persuaded by Ou Hon to serve him instead.